Love / Hate For UConn vs BC @ Fenway.... | The Boneyard

Love / Hate For UConn vs BC @ Fenway....

Reaction Score
Loved hearing Dave Benedict on WTIC this morning with Joe D talking football...
Loved hearing the game will be on CBSSN as the prime time game that day...
Loved hearing we have sold 15,000 of our 22,000 ticket allotment....

Hate the fact we had to give this up as a home game being played in the opponents back yard and still being called a home game for UConn...
Hate the fact the game is being played on a baseball field and I will now break my vow to never pay to see a football game on a baseball field...
Hate the fact not only the proximity of the game to BC being a great advantage, the fact both teams have to be on the same sideline will cripple Rett from moving with the offense...

Love the company I will be attending with...
There you have it, the loves win...Tell your friends, tell your friends! We need to sell 7,000 more tickets, let's rock Beantown! Let them hear it from Fenway to Chestnut Hill!
U. C. O. N. N. UCONN UCONN UCONN! This in the background on Randy's exit interview, ND deja vu...

Reaction Score
Same sideline?

How is that going to work?

Say you're deep in the opponent's territory and your players are standing on the other side of the field?

How the heck are they going to sub in?

Reaction Score
Same sideline?

Say you're deep in the opponent's territory and your players are standing on the other side of the field?

Yup... That's a mess. That is my personal biggest drawback. I like the game location but if it can't be played properly then don't play it there. At least it's not what happened at wrigley, every offensive series had to be run to the same endzone.

Reaction Score
Should have been played at Gillette, not Fenway but, money talks and fans opinions take a back seat. BC gets two home games and UConn gets some cash. That's the bottom line.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
15k of 22k allotted sold is pretty sold.

We need to do two things - win the damn game and second, sell out our allotment. We need to do both if you want to move this game off the CBSSN channel in the future.

Until we start winning and selling out our home games, we have little to really whine about with this BC game at Fenway. It all starts with just winning the damn game.

Reaction Score
Should have been played at Gillette, not Fenway but, money talks and fans opinions take a back seat. BC gets two home games and UConn gets some cash. That's the bottom line.

I'd rather a true home game, but if not, much rather a unique experience at a historic stadium rather than just have to travel further for a regular football stadium

Reaction Score
Same sideline?

It works. Refs stand over the ball until subs are in. Hurts maybe if you have no time outs, are at the wrong end in end of half situations.

The bowl game in SF had this set up, the prior Fenway game, the Wrigley game too. It impacts both teams equally. Maybe slight edge to BC because of the prior ND game at Fenway.

Reaction Score
It works. Refs stand over the ball until subs are in. Hurts maybe if you have no time outs, are at the wrong end in end of half situations.

The bowl game in SF had this set up, the prior Fenway game, the Wrigley game too. It impacts both teams equally. Maybe slight edon the fencege to BC because of the prior ND game at Fenway.
For years, the Minnesota Vikings games at Metropolitan Stadium were played with both teams on the same sideline. Not an issue.
On the fence about buying ticket to this game. Most in my tailgate crew feel the same, especially since the evening game time announcement was made. Will have to repole the group this week, now that 15K have been sold.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm on the fence about this game too but AD Dave did what was needed and got money for playing a game in a unique venue against a team we all want to play on a regular basis. For that reason, I can't fault him for doing this. We are in a situation now where every penny we can get will be necessary. It's the life of a G5 and as long as we still land some decent OOC games at The Rent, I'm ok with doing a game like this for the money.

There's no reason we shouldn't be able to still schedule home and homes with regional P5 teams not named Penn State.

Reaction Score
I like how we did the move to Fenway, I think we gained over a mil. on this.

Reaction Score
Giving up the home game is a lot more palatable when you consider that this helped pay Diaco's buyout. All in all, I think it'll be a good experience.
You hit the nail on the head Blue. This is "found money" which will help a lot towards paying off Disastro. Moving the game was obviously not his first choice, however, it is a golden opportunity to pick up a big bonus check and some additional publicity too. AD Dave really is doing everything he can to put our program in the best position possible. He is so in touch with all facets of our program.

Reaction Score
Look, this football program needs money, exposure, fan support and wins. Some are treating this BC game as bad tasting medicine we're being forced to swallow. This isn't difficult. Embrace the venue, embrace the rivalry and embrace the exposure. Buy your tickets, spend a great day in Boston, get frothy and cheer on the Huskies. Rinse, repeat.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Look, this football program needs money, exposure, fan support and wins. Some are treating this BC game as bad tasting medicine we're being forced to swallow. This isn't difficult. Embrace the venue, embrace the rivalry and embrace the exposure. Buy your tickets, spend a great day in Boston, get frothy and cheer on the Huskies. Rinse, repeat.

That's how I feel--I'm really excited for the game. I never would have thought that I'd get to see UConn play at Fenway. Sure, it might create a weird on field environment and maybe the seating arrangement will make for crappy views, but whatever. One thing that bums me out is the price of tickets...way too expensive. I'm waiting until the day of the game and I'll scalp.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the financial benefit of playing this game in Boston. Maybe I don't know all the details but it seems to me that giving up a home game for a payment of 1.2 million is basically a wash. If we drew 30,000 for the game at an average ticket price of $40 that would equal 1.2 million. Please tell me there is some other revenue stream I am overlooking.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I don't understand the financial benefit of playing this game in Boston. Maybe I don't know all the details but it seems to me that giving up a home game for a payment of 1.2 million is basically a wash. If we drew 30,000 for the game at an average ticket price of $40 that would equal 1.2 million. Please tell me there is some other revenue stream I am overlooking.
I think it's 1.2 mill plus our cut of the seats.

Reaction Score
I think it's 1.2 mill plus our cut of the seats.

I don't believe that to be true... the guaranteed payment of $1.125 by the Fenway Group is all in.

The is also an expense offset of not paying the game day lease cost for Rentschler to CRDC/OPM.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom