Lou's Journey | The Boneyard

Lou's Journey

Reaction Score
Lou will have some tough competition with Abby Meyers and Ashley Joens also drafted by Dallas.

Dorka might be in a better spot.
I was thinking the same thing. Does anyone know how Lou’s ankle and knee are doing? I’m hoping that she will be 100% in training camp, but didn’t know the current status of her health. She’s such a tough and smart player who could be a really solid pro, so I hope she can show her best when competing against some other good draft picks. Go Lou!

Reaction Score
Is this a professional basketball draft, or a designer clothes catwalk?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The best thing I saw n tonight's draft was that the WNBA has expanded charter flights this year. The WNBA will expand its charter flights program for players this season, the league announced in a press release Monday. Here’s what you need to know:
  • Flights for all postseason games beginning with the start of the 2023 playoffs through the WNBA Finals will be chartered.

Reaction Score
Lou will have some tough competition with Abby Meyers and Ashley Joens also drafted by Dallas.

Dorka might be in a better spot.
But what's remarkable to me is that Lou was picked so high, ahead of Haley Jones. Why use such a high pick if you don't believe that she'll be an instant asset?
At 6'5" and with Dorka's skills (with growth ahead), she's a very valuable commodity. Look for her to stick. Best to both.

Reaction Score
Things happen for a reason. If Uconn had been fully healthy this year, Lou would probably have won a national championship but I don't think she would have had the opportunity to fully showcase her talent/toughness and be in the position she was in tonight. Life is funny that way.

Reaction Score
But what's remarkable to me is that Lou was picked so high, ahead of Haley Jones. Why use such a high pick if you don't believe that she'll be an instant asset?
At 6'5" and with Dorka's skills (with growth ahead), she's a very valuable commodity. Look for her to stick. Best to both.
Exactly. I think we've all learned by now you never count Lou out. You just have to read about her journey to know that her will, motivation, and competitive nature will drive a very successful WNBA career.

Reaction Score
Why? Are you saying that fashion is trivial whereas playing basketball is as consequential as brain surgery?
That's quite a straw man fallacy. Where did I compare/contrast fashion or basketball to brain surgery? If you want to dispute my position regarding fashion.......fine.......but don't introduce brain surgery into the conversation. I didn't.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Things happen for a reason. If Uconn had been fully healthy this year, Lou would probably have won a national championship but I don't think she would have had the opportunity to fully showcase her talent/toughness and be in the position she was in tonight. Life is funny that way.
Who knew when Lou was first introduced to us last summer that she would be a starter and such an integral part of the team? She came here to grow, improve, and expose her talents. She did all three.

How rewarding and humbling it must be to finally reach a goal she's been pursuing over half of her life. Congratulations to Lou and her family. I'll continue to follow and root for Lou as she continues her career as a professional.

Reaction Score
Amazing!! Congrats to Lou for proving her skills to the world and flying up the draft charts!!!

Reaction Score
Actually, the men’s draft isn’t that much different when it comes to being wearing fashionable clothing.
Will the men's draft also have an awkward and cringe Holly Rowe walk through or whatever they called it at the start?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
So happy and proud for Lou. She is an amazing young woman who happens to be a fantastic player.

I still don't see the Wings game plan for building a team. Why all the shooting guards? And they already have Arike. Makes no sense.

At least Chrystal Dangerfield is there to drop dimes for people.

Reaction Score
So glad to see when a situation works really well for both the players and teams. Unlikely Lou gets to the WNBA without UCONN. Uconn would have been in real trouble without her. Same for Dorka. Contrats!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom