Lou's Journey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lou's Journey

Reaction Score
Just so very happy for Lou. She deserves it and I am confident that she will do well. Dallas is a very interesting team now. Lots of offense, that's for sure. I think Lou and Maddy will work great together on the court.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ok, honestly, who thought last April that Lou would be the #5 pick?? Most of us saw her as a nice bench player. I was very impressed with her videos and reviews from Frager and Geno and thought she could go 10-12. But #5 was a stretch even for me. She went ahead of Jones, Horston, Joens, and 4 of the S. Carolina players. Our last player to go that high was Lou S. at 4 in 2019.

Reaction Score
They both had a great night and the opportunity they dreamed of growing up. I really hope they both have a long successful career in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
But what's remarkable to me is that Lou was picked so high, ahead of Haley Jones. Why use such a high pick if you don't believe that she'll be an instant asset?
At 6'5" and with Dorka's skills (with growth ahead), she's a very valuable commodity. Look for her to stick. Best to both.
Haley mailed in this year and it cost her a little. I still think she has a future in the league but maybe that isn't as important to her as it is to others.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ok, honestly, who thought last April that Lou would be the #5 pick?? Most of us saw her as a nice bench player. I was very impressed with her videos and reviews from Frager and Geno and thought she could go 10-12. But #5 was a stretch even for me. She went ahead of Jones, Horston, Joens, and 4 of the S. Carolina players. Our last player to go that high was Lou S. at 4 in 2019.
i think we got a clue early on…. If you let the clips just run, there are several Lou highlights

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
So happy and proud for Lou. She is an amazing young woman who happens to be a fantastic player.

I still don't see the Wings game plan for building a team. Why all the shooting guards? And they already have Arike. Makes no sense.

At least Chrystal Dangerfield is there to drop dimes for people.
It may not be a "perfect" fit, but it's a fit. Being their first-round pick, she'll probably make the cut. Few if any first-round picks don't make the final roster. She's got her foot in the door. Let's hope she takes full advantage of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom