Lou's injury | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lou's injury

Reaction Score
I'm going to go to the XL early tomorrow so I can see if she's standing during the initial shoot-around.

But i think a big marker will be: will she travel with the team to California? If it's serious, she might be better off not going (cabin pressure, moving around, etc.) -- actually I have no idea what I'm talking about here: I'm making this up as I go along!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm going to go to the XL early tomorrow so I can see if she's standing during the initial shoot-around.

But i think a big marker will be: will she travel with the team to California? If it's serious, she might be better off not going (cabin pressure, moving around, etc.) -- actually I have no idea what I'm talking about here: I'm making this up as I go along!
I think she makes the trip home injured or not.

Reaction Score
Presumably, large numbers of friends and family will be coming to see her in the UCLA
game. It would be a shame if she can't play.

Reaction Score

All good bags! Your heart is always in the right place!!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Love the Al Capp reference. Joe Btfsplk was the guy in Lil Abner who walked around with a rain cloud over his head.
Thank you for explaining that. I had no idea.

Reaction Score
A midfoot sprain, also referred to as a Lisfranc injury can be mild to serious requiring anywhere from a few days to heel to several months, sometimes requiring surgery. Fingers crossed that Lou’s injury is on the mild end.
My daughter had a Lisfranc injury from basketball that required a plate and 6 screws be installed in her foot. Hopefully Lou’s injury is not that severe.

Reaction Score

Stealing my material? If I can't make it up---lies always work wonders--. But how somehow ever: Your projection is as good as any. If the Team medico did as the By expected; she'd be on a stretcher inhaling POT (for medicinal purposes only, of course)

Reaction Score
My daughter had a Lisfranc injury from basketball that required a plate and 6 screws be installed in her foot. Hopefully Lou’s injury is not that severe.
Not what any of us want to hear.... and unfortunately can't unread your post. Positive thoughts

Reaction Score
Mikayla Cowling did a sort of falling tackle on UCONN Player Samuelson - causing ankle injury ! Not a quality play
I think the contact was completely unintentional. These things just happen in basketball.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Problem is that everything you add to the body to try to 'limit' movement of bones and ligaments restricts an athlete's movement. And because of the complexity of especially hands and feet with lots of individual bones and tendons and cartilage, restricting the range of their movement is almost impossible. Add to that the issue of not restricting blood flow or constricting nerves, muscle, etc that pass over or surround the bones and it really is impossible. Starting with tape and progressing through all sorts of braces and supports, trainers, doctors, and scientists have tried to reach some happy medium of protection/support and performance. And you see most athletes still being frustrated by the restrictions that say a knee brace enforces even when they know the benefit it is providing in stability. The billions of dollars invested in professional athletes ensures that the investment in research and development to both prevent and recover from athletic injuries is very high. The developments in the field are staggering and benefit us all, but as you say they have not led to a way to prevent injuries and they likely never will.

Agree with you, as long as you add the word 'today' after impossible. We already have smart fabrics that the astronauts use for temperature regulation, and I've heard they're available to groundhuggers for an exorbitant fee.

We also have fibers that change their length in response to electrical current and fibers that generate current when their length changes. Not hard to imagine a fabric that senses impending over-extension and stiffens up to prevent it. Adjustment of the programming would be done for each individual. The strain-sensing fibers might even be implanted in the tendons & ligaments for those who can afford it.

Reaction Score
Agree with you, as long as you add the word 'today' after impossible. We already have smart fabrics that the astronauts use for temperature regulation, and I've heard they're available to groundhuggers for an exorbitant fee.

We also have fibers that change their length in response to electrical current and fibers that generate current when their length changes. Not hard to imagine a fabric that senses impending over-extension and stiffens up to prevent it. Adjustment of the programming would be done for each individual. The strain-sensing fibers might even be implanted in the tendons & ligaments for those who can afford it.

You say "in the tendons & ligaments" interesting; not wrapping around or parallel but connected to the tendon/lig--really interesting a ligament strain gauge! . I'm having mine repaired (hand not foot) in the next few weeks, but a pre-surgery visit first; I'll ask about it then. Interesting.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I hope someone with a direct connection with Geno's staff makes them aware of these pics. I would think they could be very helpful. They strike me as much more revealing than the video.
Helpful how?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Seems you arrived at the right place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom