Lou's injury | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lou's injury

Reaction Score
I meant what I said you know who you are. There are so many great posters on this board but there are also those who only support 1 player.
For some reason KLS has become one of those they want to take down and remember the take down of Crystal. I couldn't be happier for that kid.

Reaction Score
Once you break a bone it's never the same. Maybe shut her down til late January? Z is more than capable as a replacement in the starting line up.

Metatarsal fracture and midfoot/Lisfranc injury are 2 totally different injuries.

Reaction Score
I thought lou played an excellent game tonight. She wasn't hot from the outside but her defense and attacking the basket were really good. I think people are just beginning to see some of the potential she has. I saw flashes of it ( beyond her 3pt shooting ) when she was in high school. Her defensive potential was always there it just needed to be forced out. I think Uconn fans now see that it was always ridiculous to compare her to KML. Oh by the way I am not a fan boy- she was often too testy for my taste. Though I think her time under Gino appears to have mitigated that quite a lot.
I think already what we have seen from Lou this season is a player that is committed to being a beast on the court. She had become so confident, aggressive and multidimensional. I really think by the end of the season she would be in the serious conversation for POY and will get it next season.

Reaction Score
I meant what I said you know who you are. There are so many great posters on this board but there are also those who only support 1 player.
For some reason KLS has become one of those they want to take down and remember the take down of Crystal. I couldn't be happier for that kid.
wow. I'd like to say something smarmy or clever in response, but I really am speechless over this remark. I have no idea whom you have in mind, but no one I know on this board comes within lightyears of fitting that description.

Reaction Score

I don't want this thread to wander too far off track, but I am 10000000000% sure there is not a single person on this board that wanted to see Samuelson or any other player get hurt!

Reaction Score
I think we are all adults on this board. Don't speak in veiled terms- point them out.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I did get a series of shots of the collision when Lou was hurt

_Z6U1655.jpg

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Once you break a bone it's never the same. Maybe shut her down til late January? Z is more than capable as a replacement in the starting line up.

Over-generalization. I've broken most of my fingers, both bones in my left arm and a bunch of toes without any restrictions appearing in the 66 years so far. With good care, that should be true of most who follow doctor's orders, unless the bone is crushed.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The sprain she had in tonight's game is it the same foot she broke in her freshman year?

Per SportsMD: A midfoot sprain is an injury to the ligaments of the central region of the foot, known as the midfoot. It is a common injury that occurs during athletics, in particular those sports where there is cutting and twisting that can lead to this injury. It can cause an athlete to miss considerable time from his or her season.

Midfoot sprains are most commonly a momentary stretch of a ligament that subsequently recoils to its original length and is therefore a grade 1 injury. More severe, and less common, injuries may cause a partial (grade 2) or complete (grade 3) ligament rupture. In these cases, the injury is more severe as the ligament does not return to its original length, and the bones it holds together can separate. This is the definition of an unstable injury that usually requires a surgery to repair.

A mild, grade 1, midfoot sprain can be managed non-operatively with a short period of immobilization in a hard-soled shoe or a removable boot. A short period of limited weight-bearing may be necessary to allow the ligament to heal and therefore the swelling and pain to subside. Regular icing, elevation and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDS) are both important to treat the swelling along with the pain. In most of these cases, the athlete will be able to return to participating in their sport in anywhere from a week to a few months.

The Lisfranc injury is a midfoot sprain, that occurs if a bone in the middle of the foot has been broken, or ligaments supporting the bone have been torn.

Reaction Score
Most important thing is for Docs to figure out what Lou has & how to fix it. She gets back when she gets back. She's a tough kid and will work through it. The team will figure it out as well. As has been said by many, the most important part of the season is more than 3 months away.

Reaction Score
I for one am amazed that someone hasn't come up with some sort of sleeve to prevent joints from moving beyond the point they are meant to move. With the number of light weight and amazingly strong materials available I do not see why this would not be possible while still allowing the joints freedom of movement. They would naturally have to be custom made to reflect the size and range of motion for each individual athlete. It would sort of parallel the ligaments range of motion but on the outside.

Reaction Score
Per SportsMD: A midfoot sprain is an injury to the ligaments of the central region of the foot, known as the midfoot. It is a common injury that occurs during athletics, in particular those sports where there is cutting and twisting that can lead to this injury. It can cause an athlete to miss considerable time from his or her season.

Midfoot sprains are most commonly a momentary stretch of a ligament that subsequently recoils to its original length and is therefore a grade 1 injury. More severe, and less common, injuries may cause a partial (grade 2) or complete (grade 3) ligament rupture. In these cases, the injury is more severe as the ligament does not return to its original length, and the bones it holds together can separate. This is the definition of an unstable injury that usually requires a surgery to repair.

A mild, grade 1, midfoot sprain can be managed non-operatively with a short period of immobilization in a hard-soled shoe or a removable boot. A short period of limited weight-bearing may be necessary to allow the ligament to heal and therefore the swelling and pain to subside. Regular icing, elevation and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDS) are both important to treat the swelling along with the pain. In most of these cases, the athlete will be able to return to participating in their sport in anywhere from a week to a few months.

The Lisfranc injury is a midfoot sprain, that occurs if a bone in the middle of the foot has been broken, or ligaments supporting the bone have been torn.

When she did it the commentators we're saying ankle injury but I knew it was foot. I actually thought she hurt the bottom of her foot like a plantar fasciitis deal. From the way she was walking and acting looked like a more mild variety. I've had a grade 1 and it was painful for a week then kinda annoying for another 2 weeks. Eventually it goes away. I'm hoping it's A two week thing and she's GTG.

Reaction Score

My daughter had a lisfranc injury that was misdiagnosed. Cost her the entire freshman season last year. To heal that is 6 weeks in a cast. Then another 4 in a boot. And her high school has no elevator.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Over-generalization. I've broken most of my fingers, both bones in my left arm and a bunch of toes without any restrictions appearing in the 66 years so far. With good care, that should be true of most who follow doctor's orders, unless the bone is crushed.

You should be more careful!!;)

Reaction Score
I for one am amazed that someone hasn't come up with some sort of sleeve to prevent joints from moving beyond the point they are meant to move. With the number of light weight and amazingly strong materials available I do not see why this would not be possible while still allowing the joints freedom of movement. They would naturally have to be custom made to reflect the size and range of motion for each individual athlete. It would sort of parallel the ligaments range of motion but on the outside.
Kinesio tape can be used for this purpose.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't think Mikayla Cowling did anything intentional to KLS on that play stufff happens on the basketball court. If you are trying to do something intentional you don't turn your back to the player you are trying to injury. I'm encouraged that KLS was not immediately put in a boot as she was in the FF and hoping that the additional xrays or MRI will be to confirm that this is a sprain and not a break.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom