Louisville's Notice of Allegations Coming this Week | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville's Notice of Allegations Coming this Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If anyone has ever followed the NCAA I have no idea why you would expect more than the post season ban, scholly reduction, recruiting limitations they imposed, and then a suspension for Pitino.

They got exactly what you should have expected them to get.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The university was not charged with any violations, including a lack of institutional control or failure to monitor, the two most egregious NCAA infractions.

Yeah, well it's not like they did anything serious, like text kids too many times, or actually make kids go to classes.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
IF lville was still in AAC they would have been given a much harsher penalty
Not much more to say but the NCAA is like today's media/journalists - penalize those you don't like and close your eyes on things done by those you share a bed- screw equity
DISGUSTING
Pitino will get the something in the area of can't coach first 5 regular season games but will be back by ACC play

Reaction Score
Is the NCAA telling Louisville they didn't need to restrict themselves from March Madness last year?

Never mind they did note the self imposed sanctions

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Does anyone doubt that this is going to come out Friday afternoon and will be a slap on the wrist?

I'm more surprised that this wasn't buried at the end of the week than I am of the result of the investigation.

Reaction Score
So...it's okay to pay for hookers to influence recruits, but not phone calls, or airplane rides or anything dirty like that.
Were the punishments for these acts remotely similar?

Reaction Score
LOL...

Jody Demling ‏@jdemling 28m 28 minutes ago
Rick Pitino: "Do I agree with the charge that failed to monitor one of my people? No. I absolutely do not."

Jody Demling ‏@jdemling 27m 27 minutes ago
Rick Pitino: "I'm not guilty of failing to monitor but I am guilty of trusting someone."

Jody Demling ‏@jdemling 21m 21 minutes ago
Chuck Smrt speaks: “We don’t believe a vacation of records penalty is appropriate."

Jody Demling ‏@jdemling 8m 8 minutes ago
Tom Jurich: "We feel very strongly that coach Pitino had no knowledge of this. Trust me we scoured."

U of L legal counsel Steve Thompson: "The University of Louisville has gone above and beyond in its pursuit of the truth in this case."

Reaction Score
We self imposed a post season ban on a top 10 team and took away 2 schollys.
Nobody received any cash or items. Boils down to a staffer that spent his own money on adult entertainment wrecklessly.
The University of Louisville set a new standard for cooperation and openness with the NCAA over this matter.
Some men cant handle their bourbon. Some men cant handle discussions involving sex without losing perspective either.
I assume you didn't post this as a joke, which actually makes it more hilarious.

Reaction Score
In retrospect if UConn self imposed a ban in 2012
Plus the scholarships already in place we would have been good to go in 2013
With a team that included AO,Bazz,Ryan DD, Niels, and maybe even Rodney
That team might have been decent.
Anyone actually believe that

Reaction Score
Nobody received any cash or items. Boils down to a staffer that spent his own money on adult entertainment wrecklessly.
The University of Louisville set a new standard for cooperation and openness with the NCAA over this matter.
Some men cant handle their bourbon. Some men cant handle discussions involving sex without losing perspective either.

I have to agree that Ville understands sexual abuse better than most schools. After all you do have Rick and Bobby on staff.

Reaction Score
LOL...

Jody Demling ‏@jdemling 28m 28 minutes ago
Rick Pitino: "Do I agree with the charge that failed to monitor one of my people? No. I absolutely do not."

Jody Demling ‏@jdemling 27m 27 minutes ago
Rick Pitino: "I'm not guilty of failing to monitor but I am guilty of trusting someone."

Jody Demling ‏@jdemling 21m 21 minutes ago
Chuck Smrt speaks: “We don’t believe a vacation of records penalty is appropriate."

Tom Jurich: "We feel very strongly that coach Pitino had no knowledge of this. Trust me we scoured."

U of L legal counsel Steve Thompson: "The University of Louisville has gone above and beyond in its pursuit of the truth in this case."

His tweets ignore the fact that the NCAA changed the rules so that any violation made by the staff falls squarely on the coach. 'I did not know' is not a defense. Of course, this assumes that the NCAA will actually enforce its rules, which is a separate subject.

Reaction Score
i-5f2b4ed1de84da0e3664e782242a2beb-he-got-gamejesus1.jpg

Reaction Score
Somebody doubled down on stupid pills today. Nobody received cash or items? It is not illegal in society (just NCAA rules) to give cash and items. No the Louisville recruits only got hookers. Last time I checked soliciting hookers is an actual crime. So logic NCAA follows is that it is far better to have broken a law than it is to break one of their stupid rules. Again their decision making follows no logic whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom