Louisville's Notice of Allegations Coming this Week | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Louisville's Notice of Allegations Coming this Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
F"KING JOKE
We self imposed a post season ban on a top 10 team and took away 2 schollys.
Nobody received any cash or items. Boils down to a staffer that spent his own money on adult entertainment wrecklessly.
The University of Louisville set a new standard for cooperation and openness with the NCAA over this matter.
Some men cant handle their bourbon. Some men cant handle discussions involving sex without losing perspective either.

I am still waiting for someone to explain how the "rogue" coach was able to bankroll these parties with is salary. Either The Quick knew about it, or some bag man related to the program did. No way did he pay for all of that on his own.

caw

Reaction Score
Somebody doubled down on stupid pills today. Nobody received cash or items? It is not illegal in society (just NCAA rules) to give cash and items. No the Louisville recruits only got hookers. Last time I checked soliciting hookers is an actual crime. So logic NCAA follows is that it is far better to have broken a law than it is to break one of their stupid rules. Again their decision making follows no logic whatsoever.

Guy probably went to UL, isn't stupid a given?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Hardly even worth looking into.

First off, Mcgee wasnt a coach, he was a member of the staff. We are talking about only 5000 dollars over 5 years he spent on strippers that peformed parties that anyone was welcome to. The most he spent at a single party was around 500 bucks. The actual value of any improper benefit was very low. What is the value of a bj? The self imposed sanctions are more than adequate and it seems the NCAA agrees.
Looking forward to this being behind us and happy it seems to have no affect on recruiting. Good luck on your permanent future as a g5 school.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
How many times did Pitino mention 9/11 in his presser?

He led with it and brought it up twice more. The hooker claims she received 10 grand.

The NCAA calculated the value of the services to 5480, I beleive. So the biggest sin the Louisville staff is guilty of seems to be overpaying for hookers.

The NCAA apparently has identified 17 or more players/recruits as having received impermissible benefits. If any of those players were on the roster in 2013 and the chip is not vacated, the NCAA should be. (vacated).

Reaction Score
First off, Mcgee wasnt a coach, he was a member of the staff. We are talking about only 5000 dollars over 5 years he spent on strippers that peformed parties that anyone was welcome to. The most he spent at a single party was around 500 bucks. The actual value of any improper benefit was very low. What is the value of a bj? The self imposed sanctions are more than adequate and it seems the NCAA agrees.
Looking forward to this being behind us and happy it seems to have no affect on recruiting. Good luck on your permanent future as a g5 school.
Did you spend your entire day today going to every college basketball message board defending your scumbag coach and the reputation of your commuter school?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hookers and blow got Looeyville into the ACC. Hookers and blow never hurt nobody.

Jim Calhoun kicked ass and broke some hearts.

Reaction Score
First off, Mcgee wasnt a coach, he was a member of the staff. We are talking about only 5000 dollars over 5 years he spent on strippers that peformed parties that anyone was welcome to.
And there is the key. Just like UNC Since everyone was welcome the hookers benefitted the whole student body so there is nothing the NCAA can or should do!

Reaction Score

You're joking....right?

Reaction Score
Anybody who believes that Rick Schultz...I mean Pitino didn't know what was going on is just in denial. I heard one of the ex-coaches recently saying all head coaches are control freaks and it defies belief that Rick who is more of a control freak than most didn't know his assistant was providing "extra benefits." As the NCAA called it or whores for the players as everyone else calls it. Then some real knuckledragger Louisville fan called in and started arguing that they were supporting a family business, I guess because the woman also brought her daughters. Do they make you go through decontamination when you leave that campus?

Reaction Score
Anybody who believes that Rick Schultz...I mean Pitino didn't know what was going on is just in denial. I heard one of the ex-coaches recently saying all head coaches are control freaks and it defies belief that Rick who is more of a control freak than most didn't know his assistant was providing "extra benefits." As the NCAA called it or whores for the players as everyone else calls it. Then some real knuckledragger Louisville fan called in and started arguing that they were supporting a family business, I guess because the woman also brought her daughters. Do they make you go through decontamination when you leave that campus?

Rick as contradicted by the Louisville lawyer in the press conference.

Reporter: "Do we know which players received these impermissable benefits?"

Pitino: "No, we don't know who they are."

Lawyer: "Well, um, yeah, we do know the names of the players involved in this."

Reaction Score
I don't feel like starting another thread...

Not new but getting worse.

Kristi Dosh@SportsBizMiss 8 hours ago
Univ. of Louisville got an amazing deal on Yum! Center lease...and now city is worried arena is going bankrupt.
Official: Yum! Center faces bankruptcy

I have friends in Louisville and have been hearing about it for a while. The Yum Center deal is a key reason why Louisville always ranks #1 in the revenue category of college basketball because their costs are so low. It if goes bankrupt, as the arena primary tenant, the UofL will likely have to take on the actual operating costs of the arena of face having it shut down. Between that and possible legal and civil implications as a result of the hooker scandal, the Cardinals could be facing some hard times soon. And the UofL should not expect much help from the Commonwealth of Kentucky as taxpayers are ripped that they have given away $100 million to keep the Yum Center afloat while the Cards bank $20 million a year in revenue along with the fact that the state house is dominated by U Kentucky fans.

Reaction Score
While this looks really bad on the surface, there was no punishment that the NCAA was going to be able to dole out here that would have satisfied everybody. The punishment, in a vacuum, isn't so lenient - Pitino's reputation takes an irreparable hit (whether it should is another matter) and a team with legitimate final four aspirations is barred from the tournament. If Louisville and Nova played on a neutral court before the tournament, it would have been close to a pick 'em. This was no slap on the wrist.

Now, the fact that the NCAA continually allows the programs (cough Syracuse) to do the legislating is what is problematic, as it does nothing but serve the long-term interests of the wealthy while dashing dreams of the innocent.

And the fact that UNC and Louisville - for what amounted to rampant academic fraud and sexual misconduct - sat the same number of postseasons out combined as UConn did for running a red light will always be impossible to stomach. I'm not a conspiracy theorist guy but there isn't a shadow of doubt in my mind that there are ulterior motives in these vetting processes.

Reaction Score
And the fact that UNC and Louisville - for what amounted to rampant academic fraud and sexual misconduct - sat the same number of postseasons out combined as UConn did for running a red light will always be impossible to stomach. I'm not a conspiracy theorist guy but there isn't a shadow of doubt in my mind that there are ulterior motives in these vetting processes.

It's not a conspiracy theory if it's actually happening. The NCAA won't hammer a "blue blood" (program or coach.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom