Louisville | The Boneyard

Louisville

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Casual fan that I am, while I knew they got off to a rough start, I had not realized how bad UL's season has been.

Louisville’s past four recruiting classes heading into the season ranked 12th, 29th, 17th, and 24th in the country, according to 247Sports.

And they're 3-23!!! How is that even possible?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
ACC having buyer's remorse.
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Reaction Score
The thing about us enjoying our imagined ACC discomfort about Louisville's collapse is that LV did not get into the ACC because it was anywhere near the educational institution that UConn is, nor because it was better in basketball. It joined the ACC and we didn't because the ACC wanted the better football program and didn't conclude that going forward that was likely to be us. And guess what? Over the course of the years subsequent to their decision, THEY GOT THEIR DECISION RIGHT.

If stupid stuff makes folks happy, great I guess. I tend to only take enjoyment from my enemies actually suffering, as opposed to my pretending they are.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
The thing about us enjoying our imagined ACC discomfort about Louisville's collapse is that LV did not get into the ACC because it was anywhere near the educational institution that UConn is, nor because it was better in basketball. It joined the ACC and we didn't because the ACC wanted the better football program and didn't conclude that going forward that was likely to be us. And guess what? Over the course of the years subsequent to their decision, THEY GOT THEIR DECISION RIGHT.

If stupid stuff makes folks happy, great I guess. I tend to only take enjoyment from my enemies actually suffering, as opposed to my pretending they are.
Do you think football is king in Louisville?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

The basketball program’s collapse is temporary anyways. They won’t be down for long.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Casual fan that I am, while I knew they got off to a rough start, I had not realized how bad UL's season has been.

Louisville’s past four recruiting classes heading into the season ranked 12th, 29th, 17th, and 24th in the country, according to 247Sports.

And they're 3-23!!! How is that even possible?

How have you missed it?

It’s literally been one of my favorite things this season.
The basketball program’s collapse is temporary anyways. They won’t be down for long.
Eh.

We were down, but we were not 3-23 down. That’s the kind of down that takes a while to come back from.

Reaction Score

This is pretty ridiculous - If we were in the ACC you think we hire Randy Edsall for $80k or whatever? It was a self fulfilling prophecy.

Also, Louisville's basketball team is 3-23, their fans are actually suffering. Who cares if their athletic department balance sheet looks good? Is that what you banter with your friends and co-workers about?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Funny but down here in Florida when you say UConn the response is wow that women’s team

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I’ve been betting them here and there. Have won every time. They were +17 vs Virginia the other night and kept it close. Always getting too many points. Kind of like the opposite of us, who have been favored by too many points.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
How have you missed it?

It’s literally been one of my favorite things this season.

Eh.

We were down, but we were not 3-23 down. That’s the kind of down that takes a while to come back from.

2 kids under 4, busy time at work including a trial, etc. I’m not a college basketball fan these days. I’m a UConn fan.

I’m told at some point I will again get to do stuff I enjoy like watching live sports and traveling.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Louisville fans always traveled well - lots of enthusiasm for basketball. I cannot imagine UConn having a 3-23 season. It’s a pain I wish to never feel.

Reaction Score

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The UConn fan base can poke fun at old big east foes that got better opportunities but fail to produce. Narrow your scope and giggle at the stupid stuff like the rest of us.

Reaction Score
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The UConn fan base can poke fun at old big east foes that got better opportunities but fail to produce. Narrow your scope and giggle at the stupid stuff like the rest of us.

There are still people in the world who consume news not to make ourselves feel good but to help us discern truth. I’m not sad that I’m one of them.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
2 kids under 4, busy time at work including a trial, etc. I’m not a college basketball fan these days. I’m a UConn fan.

I’m told at some point I will again get to do stuff I enjoy like watching live sports and traveling.
Keep your head down and keep grinding, it does get better. And you'll appreciate your time so much more when it comes back around!

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

Jeesus christ who pi$$ed in your Wheaties?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Looks like they'll be in the market for a new head coach this offseason. I wonder if that upstart at Iona will get a look? He's doing some good things over there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom