Louisville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I’m told at some point I will again get to do stuff I enjoy like watching live sports and traveling.
Don’t bet on it if they play competitive sports. Lol. Takes a lot of planning. Though I always make time for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
The thing about us enjoying our imagined ACC discomfort about Louisville's collapse is that LV did not get into the ACC because it was anywhere near the educational institution that UConn is, nor because it was better in basketball. It joined the ACC and we didn't because the ACC wanted the better football program and didn't conclude that going forward that was likely to be us. And guess what? Over the course of the years subsequent to their decision, THEY GOT THEIR DECISION RIGHT.

If stupid stuff makes folks happy, great I guess. I tend to only take enjoyment from my enemies actually suffering, as opposed to my pretending they are.
Just curious, how have you decided as to whether or not the ACC got their decision “right”?

Who’s to say that UConn doesn’t go 62-52 (Louisville’s record since joining) if we were chosen in 2012, less than 2 calendar years (and of course the behind-the-scenes discussions and decisions were being made long before official announcement) after going to the Fiesta Bowl?

The ACC picked Louisville because BC and Syracuse didn’t want us there; and because the powers of the South didn’t want another Northern school because of similar bias.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
tragic, really.

maybe my boy mick will just be a quick drive away next year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
2 kids under 4, busy time at work including a trial, etc. I’m not a college basketball fan these days. I’m a UConn fan.

I’m told at some point I will again get to do stuff I enjoy like watching live sports and traveling.

Lol….no.

It will get worse before it gets better. You’re like 18 years away from getting your life back.

You will attend live sports, though. They will be early in the morning and you will be in charge of feeding and transporting the athlete that you will be watching.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Lol….no.

It will get worse before it gets better. You’re like 18 years away from getting your life back.

You will attend live sports, though. They will be early in the morning and you will be in charge of feeding and transporting the athlete that you will be watching.
Ha ha if you’re as lucky as me, you will also coach said athlete. The biggest surprise about being a soccer coach for 9-10 year old girls was that one will cry at every practice and game. To be fair, it’s very enjoyable and fun but I wish I was actually an experienced player/coach and not just coaching based off YouTube videos.

Reaction Score
There are still people in the world who consume news not to make ourselves feel good but to help us discern truth. I’m not sad that I’m one of them.
Lol….no.

Nope, I have six children, buy them all instruments and sound proof their rooms and take them to a few concerts and in case that doesn’t work prepay for their college tuition. Worked for me they all went to college and no pop Warner midget football or soccer for me.

Reaction Score
The thing about us enjoying our imagined ACC discomfort about Louisville's collapse is that LV did not get into the ACC because it was anywhere near the educational institution that UConn is, nor because it was better in basketball. It joined the ACC and we didn't because the ACC wanted the better football program and didn't conclude that going forward that was likely to be us. And guess what? Over the course of the years subsequent to their decision, THEY GOT THEIR DECISION RIGHT.

If stupid stuff makes folks happy, great I guess. I tend to only take enjoyment from my enemies actually suffering, as opposed to my pretending they are.
Not sure about your analysis. Although just conjecture, how would our football team be right now if we were in the ACC vs Ville? How much better would our BB Team(s) be if never sent to AAC? Maybe given that alternate universe the ACC made the wrong decision?

Fun to dream stupid stuff!

Reaction Score
Ha ha if you’re as lucky as me, you will also coach said athlete. The biggest surprise about being a soccer coach for 9-10 year old girls was that one will cry at every practice and game. To be fair, it’s very enjoyable and fun but I wish I was actually an experienced player/coach and not just coaching based off YouTube videos.
I hear ya and feel for ya. I had two that were year round for 12 years each. One even played at UNC on a scholarship--took me over 20 years before the carpooling and games ended but always be proud of the children and family!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Lol….no.

So what you’re saying is I’ll be collecting social security before I can just do stuff whenever I feel like it again.

The consequences of living my 20s twice…

Reaction Score

If you think the ACC wouldn't change their decision based on all the embarrassment Louisville has brought to that conference, you are crazy. And although Louisville has been better at football, they brought no actual benefit to the league based on their football "success".

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

dook does this for the AP Poll finish too, in years they don't win. Like 1999 :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

For LCC - it could be worse, at least they're 3-23 in a great basketball le.......oh, wait, the ACC is hot garbage this year. Hahahahahaha

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that Kenny Payne is much of a coach. He was Cal's head development guy at Kentucky; I've never been sold on the ability to do all that much developing of kids who are on campus for 6-8 months. The Knicks then hired him as an assistant to be a key piece in developing their young players and he did jack squat with that group, granted the Knicks aren't known for their draft prowess. Now a complete disaster at Louisville. Yeah, he just might not be very good at this.

Reaction Score
Hey I did it before YouTube and won a championship. Took over when the mom who originally did it had a problem pregnancy 1 game into the season. It was great fun and every now and then I run into one of the “kids” somewhere. Sometimes with her kids. They always remind me that I taught them to play defense. I used my old hockey experience. LOL Thank god we had a kid who went on to play at Rutgers many years later. She carried the team and was the only won who never cried!! The next year she started for the boys travel team.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Lol….no.

I waited until my first was 21 to start over again, now a 4 month old. I’ll be in Gampel tonight though :)

Reaction Score
I waited until my first was 21 to start over again, now a 4 month old. I’ll be in Gampel tonight though :)
Make sure everyone fulfills their obligation and gets a $2 beer so they are loud and rowdy ;)

pj

Reaction Score

They got their decision right for about 12 years. But Connecticut has got to have more NIL money than Louisville. It's only a matter of time before UConn football overtakes Louisville football, if the university supports it. And media wise, all of the Connecticut market is a more valuable property than 1/3 of the Kentucky market

Last edited:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Lol….no.

I can verify the truth in this. However, it probably extends to age 22 or 23 for the youngest. If you’re lucky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom