Louisville vs Depaul | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Louisville vs Depaul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obviously I havent seen you play but I do not see you on paper matching up well. Maybe your starting five matches up but like I said EVERYONE on our team plays well and come in and contribute. No disrespect but I cannot see Geno playing an 11 player rotation with of the 3 others one being a Mckie D.

Personally I would love to play Stanford!!!

I guess if you could play EVERYONE at once you would have an advantage “on paper”. Really a silly post considering Uconn has not played a game yet and frankly, neither has Louisville had anything resembling a signature win; beating DePaul is at best a good win, nothing more, nothing less.

Reaction Score
My point is Paige and Hailey Van Lith's talent is at best a wash.

I don't agree with this at all. I thought Paige was just flat out better than Hailey Van Lith.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Its ok you were just wrong. We all are wrong at some point. I was even wrong back in 2012.

Reaction Score
The rest of the country correctly IDed the Depaul win as significant. Sorry they didnt consider your incorrect analysis.

Reaction Score
Its ok you were just wrong. We all are wrong at some point. I was even wrong back in 2012.

Ditto back at you.

Next time don't fall asleep during until the last minute. JUST KIDDING.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Paige was the better player in the U17 they played as juniors overseas. Hailey Van Lith was darn good - but Paige was better. I think we're all going to be ecstatic very very very soon.
Just realize that the play of some players translates better to college game. Hailey Van Lith could well make the transition better, not saying Paige won’t, but she isn’t the player I see leading UConn this season. I watched Paige’s U17 games and wasn’t blown away, I watched a dozen of her high school games and thought she was very weak on defense. Good coaching can change that.
As to making projections, 32 “expert” NFL GMs passed on Philip Lindsey in the draft. I watched every one of his college games. I wasn’t shocked that he wasn’t drafted, I was shocked he didn’t go in first round.

Reaction Score
Paige and Hailey Van Lith were the youngsters on the team. I was not blown away by either as well. The best player on that team was Rhyne Howard who is this years national preseason player of the year.

Reaction Score
Paige and Hailey Van Lith were the youngsters on the team. I was not blown away by either as well. The best player on that team was Rhyne Howard who is this years national preseason player of the year.
It is a good thing we are all entitled to our own opinions. You have yours and I have a completely different one. Paige was selected the MVP because she earned it. Rhyne Howard was very good, a bit of a gunner in my view, but good. Played a totally different role. I'd certainly take her on my team but I value the distributer who gets everyone their best shots.

Reaction Score

I don't know what "blown away" means when looking at a high school player playing with other all-stars in the summer.

I was focused on Paige and Hailey Van Lith in the U19. As stated before I felt without a doubt Paige was "better." Don't know or care about the degree other than she was just flat out better.

Secondly, I was extremely impressed with Paige. IMO the beauty of her game is her simplicity. She has flair etc but with her combo of skill, size and handle - she can get anywhere she wants on the floor. She remains a triple threat even as she gets in the paint. Her game is so fluid=- so easy.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige and Hailey Van Lith were the youngsters on the team. I was not blown away by either as well.

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
Well Paige was absolutely NOT better than Hailey Van Lith, but maybe you could see it that way because you are a UConn fan. Rhyne Howard was clearly better than both of them and her play alone would seem to have made a neutral viewer lessen their opinion of anyone else on the team. I get it though. You are biased and want to express your biased opinion about her as if it were relevant.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Paige was selected MVP because Howard set out a game and part of another due to injury. Paige absolutely played well but had Howard played in every game there is no doubt in my mind she was the best player in the tournament and would have won MVP.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige was selected MVP because Howard set out a game and part of another due to injury. Paige absolutely played well but had Howard played in every game there is no doubt in my mind she was the best player in the tournament and would have won MVP.

Howard: 7 GP, 13.1 points, 5.1 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 blocks, 10 steals, 38% FG

Bueckers: 7 GP, 11.6 points, 4.1 rebounds, 38 assists, 4 blocks, 13 steals, 43% FG

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Howard: 7GP, 13.1 points, 5.1 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 blocks, 10 steals, 38% FG

Bueckers: 7 GP, 11.6 points, 4.1 rebounds, 38 assists, 4 blocks, 13 steals, 43% FG
Once Bueckers acclimates and gets the feel of the college game, IMO she'll be one of the very, very few who can singlehandedly control the pace of a game.

Reaction Score
Well Paige was absolutely NOT better than Hailey Van Lith, but maybe you could see it that way because you are a UConn fan. Rhyne Howard was clearly better than both of them and her play alone would seem to have made a neutral viewer lessen their opinion of anyone else on the team. I get it though. You are biased and want to express your biased opinion about her as if it were relevant.

So your bias is not bias, but his bias is bias? Got it. :confused:

Reaction Score

This isn't true at all regarding Paige vs Hailey Van Lith. You're just lashing out because you are not being agreed with.

So we're to think with Paige getting MVP that the voting were all bias UCONN fans too?

Reaction Score
There is absolutely no question that Paige will be an amazing player!!! Comparing her and Hailey is a little unfair. Paige will need to play PG meaning she will have the ball in her hands a lot. If you are honest its more important Paige is a star for you now. Contrarily although Hailey is very very good she does not have to be a star and its almost impossible since she is playing on a team with the best PG in that nation.

Reaction Score
Where was I biased? I am a Louisville fan and it pains me to come here and tell the truth. Howard, who plays for UK and whom I hate so bad I wont even buy blue tooth paste or wear blue jeans, was the best player in the FIBA tourney last year. Save the stats, although they are very comparable with Paige's, were only offensive.

Reaction Score
LMAO you northeasterners think this is lashing out? haha

Not lashing out. But you came out, stated an opinion with nothing to support it, and then accused anyone with a different opinion as being biased. And, in case that wasn't enough, you disparaged the other poster by stating that an opposing opinion was not "relevant." What am I missing? :confused:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't know much about Bueckers or Van Lith.... but I do know that Louisville beat the brakes off of Depaul last week, yet the Blue Demons remained ranked at 1-2.

Reaction Score
I watched virtually all the USA games and I thought that Paige was simply a better all-around player than Van Lith. She (Van Lith) is extremely impressive but Paige just seemed to be more under control. I would have to say that Van Lith is good enough that it would not surprise me in the least if we have to beat Louisville to win the NC. I think she is clearly stronger and more physical than Paige and she is imo helped by the fact that she does not have to run her team, as they have other options. Paige just seems like she is a more polished player. I would also point out these are all opinions (including yours) and stating absolutes based on opinions is just silly. If Paige was “absolutely not better than HIV” then why did she (Paige) win the MVP award? Regardless, I think we can all look forward to a solid rivalry with Louisville for the foreseeable future. Good luck (except when you are playing us)!

Reaction Score
Well, Louisville and Hailey Van Lith have to hit the brakes for 10? days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom