Louisville vs Depaul | The Boneyard

Louisville vs Depaul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow total beat down of DePaul. Louisville scored over 100 by end of 3rd quarter. Honestly I thought DePaul looked better than either team in the SC game. Hailey Van Lith looked very good although she needs to learn Refs don't appreciate contrary opinions when they call a foul on you. If Louisville is not now #1 I would be shocked.

Reaction Score
I would argue your #9 selection but not your #1 at this point. Heck DePaul scored 75 and were not even in the game except very early and didn't look that bad. Could not rebound with Louisville.

Reaction Score
I turned the game on during the first quarter when the score was close. Both teams were running and scoring - so different from SC/NC. Shortly thereafter Louisville went on a big run and that was all she wrote for DePaul. Even with the big loss DePaul looked to a decent team. They just couldn't deal with the inside hight or hit 3s. Louisville will be a handful; they have talent everywhere on the floor. Couldn't help but notice that Hailey Van Lith looked very comfortable playing at the college level as a frosh.

Reaction Score
Louisville is Damn Good....Really Really Good. Where the hell did the Kianna Smith girl come from? She takes them to a new Level. Evans,Hailey Van Lith , Cochran a 3 headed monster . Belgoun hasn’t even gotten into her groove yet playing with the senior national team. Dixon off the bench is a game changer. I had Syracuse as my ACC champ , but I quickly retract !

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Where the hell did the Kianna Smith girl come from?

Transfer from Cal, where she showed some promise but wasn't a star.

Reaction Score
I would argue your #9 selection but not your #1 at this point. Heck DePaul scored 75 and were not even in the game except very early and didn't look that bad. Could not rebound with Louisville.
UCONN is 0-0 after two weeks of play. They should not even be ranked at this point, so #9 is overly generous and is ultimately a paper ranking.

Reaction Score
Louisville is Damn Good....Really Really Good. Where the hell did the Kianna Smith girl come from? She takes them to a new Level. Evans,Hailey Van Lith , Cochran a 3 headed monster . Belgoun hasn’t even gotten into her groove yet playing with the senior national team. Dixon off the bench is a e changer. I had Syracuse as my ACC champ , but I quickly retract !
Syracuse will be very good at the end of the year. The games with Louisville should be exciting. Cardoso is going to be very good, and Williams is a 6-2 shooter as a guard. Having Tiana who can score, and distribute, getting them good looks, will be fun to watch. Uconn, Louisville, and Syracuse should be a good example of how important having a good distributor at guard can be.

Reaction Score
Depaul's pressure or trapping or whatever they threw at Louisville didn't work. Too many times Louisville broke that pressure and it ended up with too many easy opportunities, layups open 3's, etc.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UCONN is 0-0 after two weeks of play. They should not even be ranked at this point, so #9 is overly generous and is ultimately a paper ranking.

Then don't rank UConn. You won't rank them 1-8 because they haven't played but you're willing to rank them #9 and ahead of an Oregon team that has played 3 games. This makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Which is why talking about rankings is BS. When was the last time UConn was not top 10 or top 5 for that matter. I was trying to ignore this blather, but you kept talking. Can’t believe it.
There should be a moratorium on BY regarding talking about UConn. NOBODY’S seen them play. Praise Louisville all you want!

Reaction Score
Louisville is the best team in the country right now! Hailey Van Lith is the real deal, Bueckers has some tough competition as the best PG in this class.

Paige was the better player in the U17 they played as juniors overseas. Hailey Van Lith was darn good - but Paige was better. I think we're all going to be ecstatic very very very soon.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I absolutely agree with Zinethar
altogether a much more credible exhibition
of the woman's game than the Carolina donnybrook.
The level of athleticism and individual movement
was far superior by both teams to anything
compared to the night before.

I kept thinking of Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby
like their feet were dipped in Molasses or sumpting.

Reaction Score
That game by Louisville was about as much good news for their fans as a game can be. Total domination of a ranked team and two highly recruited freshmen looking like the real deal from day one. They are in the hunt now, and those two top freshmen likely will keep them as contenders for four years with just some additional recruits. Not as good as our last two recruiting classes, but those two didn't just show "potential" or appear to be "fitting in", they looked like dominant stars right now.

Reaction Score

...and you have Stanford at #3 with only one game played? Is there a cutoff number of games that should be played after two weeks?

Reaction Score
Well If Hailey Van Lith is fitting in so easily to WCBB Then we can assume that Paige will be ready to play from day one. As I watched Hailey Van Lith play the point for Walz on the FIBA team she seemed out of position. She is not your pass first PG. She is a scorer and can be guarded by someone like Aubrey Griffin. We surely can't let Smith stand on the perimeter with no one within ten feet of her and shoot three's. They certainly won't have the Loiusville bigs standing by themselves alone under the basket to shoot 8-9 on open 3ft shots. Louisville looks good but as we have seen before DePaul's press against a good team is a joke. Bring them on the Huskies are waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom