Louisville vs Depaul | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville vs Depaul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Then don't rank UConn. You won't rank them 1-8 because they haven't played but you're willing to rank them #9 and ahead of an Oregon team that has played 3 games. This makes no sense.
It happens in every sport where there are rankings. No one has ever claimed a system that uses rankings makes any sense.

Reaction Score
UCONN is 0-0 after two weeks of play. They should not even be ranked at this point, so #9 is overly generous and is ultimately a paper ranking.
I hate dumb comments.

Reaction Score
From a Louisville fan its great to read your opinions on last nights game. The funny thing is with all the talk about Kianna, Olivia, and Hailey not one person has mentioned Dana likely the best player on the team. Fact is every player on our team can come in against nearly anyone and be a valuable contributor.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Didn’t see the game, but if it was typical Bruno Ball, it’s rare that a really good team can’t blow them away at some point during a game. A team that can run with them but defend and rebound better is a bad match for Doug. He’s the Harry Perretta of the same style no matter the opposition. I’m sure LVille is very good, though. It usually does take a good team to expose DePaul.

Ranking discussions are just blather until sometime in January. This years craziness of cancelled and shifting games makes it more so.

Reaction Score
I think that you're joking, but Jeff Walz would never say he's glad to have dodged any opponent. Ever since he came here he's been vocal about being willing to play anybody anywhere.
More like Geno saying "Thank God Louisville wasnt our first opponent." : )~

Reaction Score
I think that you're joking, but Jeff Walz would never say he's glad to have dodged any opponent. Ever since he came here he's been vocal about being willing to play anybody anywhere.

What clued you in that I was joking..was it this? :rolleyes:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
UCONN is 0-0 after two weeks of play. They should not even be ranked at this point, so #9 is overly generous and is ultimately a paper ranking.
Did you say that about SC when they were ranked number one before the season started? No team had played a game.

Reaction Score
I was impressed with Louisville. They are the best team that I have watched so far this season. I have seen them play two games and see them as the team to beat right now. I haven't seen Stanford play but expect them to be very good. I think we match up well against L. I think if we stop their fast break and rebound we should be very competitive.

Reaction Score
I was impressed with Louisville. They are the best team that I have watched so far this season. I have seen them play two games and see them as the team to beat right now. I haven't seen Stanford play but expect them to be very good. I think we match up well against L. I think if we stop their fast break and rebound we should be very competitive.
Stanford's killing UNLV right now! The other Haley we missed out on, Jones, is having a good game.

Reaction Score
Obviously I havent seen you play but I do not see you on paper matching up well. Maybe your starting five matches up but like I said EVERYONE on our team plays well and come in and contribute. No disrespect but I cannot see Geno playing an 11 player rotation with of the 3 others one being a Mckie D.

Personally I would love to play Stanford!!!

Reaction Score
Syracuse will be very good at the end of the year. The games with Louisville should be exciting. Cardoso is going to be very good, and Williams is a 6-2 shooter as a guard. Having Tiana who can score, and distribute, getting them good looks, will be fun to watch. Uconn, Louisville, and Syracuse should be a good example of how important having a good distributor at guard can be.
I’ve seen 2 of those 3 you named play so far . UConn lost Dangerfield I’m interested to see how the distribution is spread out with a new back court leader . Really wish I could have seen LV vs UCONN instead of DePaul .

Reaction Score
I’ve seen 2 of those 3 you named play so far . UConn lost Dangerfield I’m interested to see how the distribution is spread out with a new back court leader . Really wish I could have seen LV vs UCONN instead of DePaul .
If you have ever watched any of Paiges HS or Fiba games you will see. Have you seen any of Nika's games from Europe? Not a bad PG either she has great court vision and quickness. Anna has been known to make a good pass from time to time. Will will be OK.

Reaction Score
I saw all of Paige's FIBA games and she is good and so is Hailey Van Lith. That said nearly were the best player on the team and I dont care who won the MVP. The best player on that championship team was Rhyne Howard which hurts me to say because she plays for our archrival Kentucky.

My point is Paige and Hailey Van Lith's talent is at best a wash. A potential matchup between Louisville and UConn will come down to the bench and who can defend IMO.

Reaction Score
I saw all of Paige's FIBA games and she is good and so is Hailey Van Lith. That said nearly were the best player on the team and I dont care who won the MVP. The best player on that championship team was Rhyne Howard which hurts me to say because she plays for our archrival Kentucky.

My point is Paige and Hailey Van Lith's talent is at best a wash. A potential matchup between Louisville and UConn will come down to the bench and who can defend IMO.
Hailey Van Lith is a two guard and Paige is a PG who looks to pass first but can score at will. We have some really good defenders in Aubrey, Liv and CW. The freshmen if they want to play will have to guard more than a chair. I have seen Edwards defend Pheesa well and Nika is a terror on defense. Bring them on

Reaction Score
If you have ever watched any of Paiges HS or Fiba games you will see. Have you seen any of Nika's games from Europe? Not a bad PG either she has great court vision and quickness. Anna has been known to make a good pass from time to time. Will will be OK.
I have watched plenty of paige , but im not one to live in false reality when it comes to competition. This is college now .

Reaction Score
I have watched plenty of paige , but im not one to live in false reality when it comes to competition. This is college now .

Based on "college" games I have seen to date, IMO Paige should fit right in with the crowd...when UConn starts to play.

Reaction Score
DePaul is just a weird, streaky team. If I recall we beat them last year by about 30 points in the first half and lost to them by about 28 in the third quarter and the first half of the fourth quarter. I went from relaxed and smug to screaming and heaving things at the TV. Sort of. In the first half of the Louisville game they just could not even come close to hitting the 3. That is their offense. And their defense was pretty bad too. But other than that, they were ready to play. I just think a lot of teams are going to be out of sync at different times this year, just try to keep it to a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom