Louisville to B12 is spreading all over the web | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville to B12 is spreading all over the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Source on the UofL rumor? Their Scout board was buzzing it came from a Wichita news station but nothing confirmed on their website nor a link to the report anywhere else.

Let's pray it is false. BYU's main board seems a little more optimistic that their President will accept an offer than it was Friday. Let's hope it is BYU.

Reaction Score
It stopped being secret once WVU, UConn and Rutgers made it clear they wanted out. Those three schools could not have played this situation any worse, and now all 3 are hoping for a miracle.
Played what any worse? You mean NOT LYING about your intentions? Where is YOUR integrity?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Not one school you wanted made any damn sense. Pledging allegiance to crap isn't logical.

And we both know that WVU/RU/UL would NEVER have agreed to lock up a rights deal. So this is stupid.

Scoreboard.

UL and WVU wanted a lockup. UConn and RU walked away. They blew it. Stop justifying a terrible play by Herbst and Rutgers.

Reaction Score
So I guess this is all final and Herbst blew it. At least according to Waylon. Let us not forget this thread.

Reaction Score
In hindsight the only way to have saved the conference would have been to agree to raise the exit fee to an outrageous amount (say 50 million) for a 2 - 4 year period, until the new tv contract was negotiated and signed, so that our commitment to each other carried weight. This temporary increase in the exit fee should have been made before they rejected the ESPN contract so that when it was rejected everyone was standing on solid ground. Someone should have asked the question, what happens if a current member or members leave while we are in TV limbo?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So I guess this is all final and Herbst blew it. At least according to Waylon. Let us not forget this thread.

Weak.

Ironically, you and I have been on the same side of this issue for the last few days, and now you are taking cheap shots against me?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
His opinion was based on re-building the Big East with terible teams, so no.

That's my bad. I should have dripped my post with a wee bit more sarcasm. I wasn't actually thinking he was right... at least not yet. This whole mess isn't over.

Reaction Score
UConn and Rutgers were the only ones that appeared to have other options that night. The other 5 would have agreed to anything. Herbst should have figured out by that point that she was getting played, as I had with absolutely no inside information, and locked up all 7 schools media rights for the next 6 years. Instead, she blows it off and basically thumbs her nose at them. Now Louisville, and potentially WVU and Cincinnati all have homes, and UConn and Rutgers are screwed.

She blew it. Good poker players don't blame a bad river card. She had a chance to protect the athletic program AND increase our chance of getting into the ACC all at the same time, and now we are begging for an ACC invite or we will be playing in the MAC East.
Every school was, is, and will continue to be out for themselves. No one was going to lock up media rights for the next 6 years with the exception of USF and Cinci. Definitely not UL, WVU, UConn, RU, or TCU. Any commitments made that night would have been empty, and wouldn't have changed one thing about the situation all 7 find themselves in right now.

Reaction Score
Weak.

Ironically, you and I have been on the same side of this issue for the last few days, and now you are taking cheap shots against me?

If posting what you said is a cheap shot you need to get a thicker skin. Not once did I say she blew it or was doing a bad job. We are far from being on the same side.

It's so unlike you making it up as you go.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
OK...West Virginia has begged to get into the ACC and according to CBSsports, has been denied...

UConn has also begged and not only have we not been denied, but sources close to Kevin Nathan and a North Carolina radio station indicate that the ACC is interested in us but wants to wait to see what Notre Dame and Penn State will do (as they should).

Herbst is apparently so confident in UConn's ability to get into a BCS conference not named the Big East, that she gave Marinatto the proverbial finger when other BE leaders (sans Rutgers) met at an emergency BE meeting. Keep in mind that Herbst knows things that no one on this message board know. She is also smarter than 95% of the residents of this message board, including myself.

It's WAY too early to panic. Let this all play out. UConn is in solid shape.

Reaction Score
Nelson even you have to admit there is no evidence that your "plan" would have worked. You are making an assumption.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Every school was, is, and will continue to be out for themselves. No one was going to lock up media rights for the next 6 years with the exception of USF and Cinci. Definitely not UL, WVU, UConn, RU, or TCU. Any commitments made that night would have been empty, and wouldn't have changed one thing about the situation all 7 find themselves in right now.

Since I was essentially going to type exactly this, I will simply like it, quote it, and throw in a +1 for good measure.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We can discuss integrity in three years at halftime against Akron.

Didn't you call out this board a few days ago by saying that it was too "depressing" for you to read? And you come up with this?

It's not impossible that WVU departs for the SEC, Notre Dame and Rutgers/Navy are invited to the ACC, the Big 10 holds at 12, and we are banished to the MAC. That possibility simply isn't as likely as you think.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Didn't you call out this board a few days ago by saying that it was too "depressing" for you to read? And you come up with this?

It's not impossible that WVU departs for the SEC, Notre Dame and Rutgers/Navy are invited to the ACC, the Big 10 holds at 12, and we are banished to the MAC. That possibility simply isn't as likely as you think.

How dare this board be depressing and discuss actual scenarios that UConn's ACC flirtations have zero impact on.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nelson even you have to admit there is no evidence that your "plan" would have worked. You are making an assumption.

All the choices were lousy when Pitt and Syracuse skipped out. Herbst happened to choose the worst of the bad strategies. Her approach is a very high risk, low probability strategy.

You would NEVER sell a company the way Herbst is going about trying to sell UConn to the ACC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

It goes up every day UConn pursues this ACC or Bust approach.

Reaction Score
UCONN is a top 20 academic institution, UCONN's athletic department is the tops in the Northeast (East of PENN State for that matter) and nobody is even close. UCONN will be all right in the big picture. It might take 2 or 3 years in a mid major conference but at the end of the day we will be ok. We just need to show some patience. Continue to support the school and we'll be fine. WE ARE UCONN!!!!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
All the choices were lousy when Pitt and Syracuse skipped out. Herbst happened to choose the worst of the bad strategies. Her approach is a very high risk, low probability strategy.

You would NEVER sell a company the way Herbst is going about trying to sell UConn to the ACC.

By highlighting the advantages a certain company would bring to another through partnership?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How dare this board be depressing and discuss actual scenarios that UConn's ACC flirtations have zero impact on.

Do you know what Game Theory is? If you don't, look it up before we continue this discussion.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
With Louisville and Cincinnati likely gone, what do you propose at this point? A national, football only conference with the likes of TCU, Houston, WVU, UConn, Rutgers, Boise State, Air Force, UCF, USF, and Temple? That might not be the worst thing in the world but seems awfully implausible.

Reaction Score
If WVU heads to the sec, and louisville and Cincy head to the Big 12, doesn't Notre Dame joining the ACC become a lot more likely?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
By highlighting the advantages a certain company would bring to another through partnership?

I have covered this elsewhere. The right way to sell UConn to the ACC would be to make it look like UConn would succeed without the ACC. You must always leave yourself options, and more importantly, the buyer needs to think you have options.

If the ACC thinks that if UConn doesn't join it will become a MAC team, why bother paying for UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom