Louisville to B12 is spreading all over the web | The Boneyard

Louisville to B12 is spreading all over the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Oh boy. Herbst and Malloy have basically come out against UConn's future inclusion in the Big East. UConn athletics are in a world of hurt if the ACC doesn't expand to 16. Delaney...where are you?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Oh boy. Herbst and Malloy have basically come out against UConn's future inclusion in the Big East. UConn athletics are in a world of hurt if the ACC doesn't expand to 16. Delaney...where are you?

I'm sure Marinatto is typing up his banishment letter now...

Reaction Score
I just hope it's a quick clean death. Not looking like that's going to be the case though.

Reaction Score
It appears that the worst possible scenario is unfolding. I am just curious if we will go Indy, CUSA or hang around with USF and ECU in the Big East.

Reaction Score
If true, WVU is SEC or ACC bound. No way B12 passes on WVU unless they cant get them.

Reaction Score
How can that be? they pledged their loyalty to the Big East. How could they possibly be secretly looking for another home.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How can that be? they pledged their loyalty to the Big East. How could they possibly be secretly looking for another home.

It stopped being secret once WVU, UConn and Rutgers made it clear they wanted out. Those three schools could not have played this situation any worse, and now all 3 are hoping for a miracle.

Reaction Score
It stopped being secret once WVU, UConn and Rutgers made it clear they wanted out. Those three schools could not have played this situation any worse, and now all 3 are hoping for a miracle.

Right, we should have pretended we didn't want to go to the ACC and Louisville would have fallen for it. Those people from Kentucky are so gullable.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Could it be that Nelson was right on about how this whole thing would shake out after all? Do we all owe him an apology for thinking him delusional the past 10 days?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Could it be that Nelson was right on about how this whole thing would shake out after all? Do we all owe him an apology for thinking him delusional the past 10 days?

His opinion was based on re-building the Big East with terible teams, so no.

Reaction Score
Oh please, every school in the room could have pledged life long loyalty to the BE that night, and it would have had zero impact on any events that would have transpired afterwards. If the SEC, ACC, or a potentially stabilized B12 (for the time being anyways) came calling for any of the 7 schools, they'd be gone. regardless of any empty commitments made that night.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
His opinion was based on re-building the Big East with terible teams, so no.

I wanted to add exactly one school, so yes, I was 100% right and you were 100% wrong.

Reaction Score
If the Big East sucks so bad, per all the talking heads, why are all the conferences poaching us?

Just sayin'.......

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I'd like to point out that this is not over. We are still in an enviable position compared to some of our conference mates (like USF and WVU). Cincy and Louisville departing will force Notre Dame to make a quick decision whether or not they want to join the ACC.

If ND declines, UConn and Rutgers are probably off to the ACC. If ND accepts, we have a slightly better than 50/50 shot at admittance...I am worried they will take Rutgers due to their superior TV market.

Reaction Score
Delany won't call until if/when we get admitted to the AAU...Nebraska was a member when they came aboard altgough they are not now.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
If the Big East sucks so bad, per all the talking heads, why are all the conferences poaching us?

Just sayin'.......

Because there are zero legitimate powerhouses. None. It's a collection of mediocrity. With that said, we don't have any Indiana's either.

Reaction Score
I'm telling you, when this is all over the BBall onlies are not going to want a football side. So if UConn doesn't get into another BCS conference, they may have the option of playing BBall in the BE, and finding another home for our football. There was NEVER any solidarity between the football schools. It was ALWAYS every man for himself with back room dealing looking for a way out.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Oh please, every school in the room could have pledged life long loyalty to the BE that night, and it would have had zero impact on any events that would have transpired afterwards. If the SEC, ACC, or a potentially stabilized B12 (for the time being anyways) came calling for any of the 7 schools, they'd be gone. regardless of any empty commitments made that night.

UConn and Rutgers were the only ones that appeared to have other options that night. The other 5 would have agreed to anything. Herbst should have figured out by that point that she was getting played, as I had with absolutely no inside information, and locked up all 7 schools media rights for the next 6 years. Instead, she blows it off and basically thumbs her nose at them. Now Louisville, and potentially WVU and Cincinnati all have homes, and UConn and Rutgers are screwed.

She blew it. Good poker players don't blame a bad river card. She had a chance to protect the athletic program AND increase our chance of getting into the ACC all at the same time, and now we are begging for an ACC invite or we will be playing in the MAC East.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Delany won't call until if/when we get admitted to the AAU...Nebraska was a member when they came aboard altgough they are not now.

Conference realignment is driven by money, not academics. UConn is a plenty good enough school to get into the Big 10.

If the Big 10 thinks we have value, they will scoop us up. Are we valuable to them? Probably not.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I wanted to add exactly one school, so yes, I was 100% right and you were 100% wrong.

Not one school you wanted made any damn sense. Pledging allegiance to crap isn't logical.

And we both know that WVU/RU/UL would NEVER have agreed to lock up a rights deal. So this is stupid.

Reaction Score
Source on the UofL rumor? Their Scout board was buzzing it came from a Wichita news station but nothing confirmed on their website nor a link to the report anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom