Louisville. The Nation's best team | The Boneyard

Louisville. The Nation's best team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They're unique because they can sustain pressure for 75 percent of the game. Eventually even if you can break the pressure, it wears your team down and they start getting easy baskets. Not many other teams can do what they do. I can only image that the game the lose, they must get a lot of foul called on them for all the hand checking that doesn't get called when we play them

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
It is ridiculous that so many talking heads are saying that they are not worthy because they play in a weak conference and then quote overall strength of schedule. Overall strength of schedule is EXTREMELY over-rated. Who cares is the cupcakes you beat are 200s cupcakes , 300s cupcakes or 100+ weaker opponents. They have played 9 very tough competitions against top 25 opponents and have been slobber-knocking opponents lately. They look much stronger than Virginia, Wisconsin, Michigan, Mich State and Dook whom they all think should be #1s. I hope they end up as a 4 and knock the crap out of some weak 1 seed...actually no, I am not a L'ville fan

Reaction Score
Not sure if theyre the best team in the country but they arent to far from it. I think we`ll be ok in the tourney and think we`ll win a couple games which id be thrilled with.

Reaction Score
I have no idea how they're a projected 4 seed.

Reaction Score
I still think that when Arizona plays at its best they're the best team in the country.

Reaction Score
If that makes you fell better fine. Screw L'ville, nobody knows who the best team is.

They lost five games his year. And we helped them win three.

Reaction Score
My ass Louisville is #1 seed. Who did they beat? Houston, Rutgers. There best win is UConn 3x. I think they are a good team but not a #1 seed.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
My ass Louisville is #1 seed. Who did they beat? Houston, Rutgers. There best win is UConn 3x. I think they are a good team but not a #1 seed.

Butt hurt? All it's takes, even for a novice fan, it's easy to see the ville is playin at another level, compared to other programs in the nation. Them & UF, ......Zona is suspect

The emergence of Harrell (imo best big man bruiser in the country) has put them over the top

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Seeds are based, in large part, on your overall body of work. It's not the SOS that's hurting louisville it's their pedestrian recrord versus top 50. They are playing great now but, in my opinion, their overall body of work deserves a 3 and 2 if they get extra credit for crushing teams recently.

Reaction Score
Anyone who kicks our ass more than once in a season is the best team in the nation. That ain't an easy thing to do, actually practically impossible, hell ask Florida. We are no easy beat and certainly no pushover.

Show some respect!!!

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Louisville - 2 seed
Cincy - 4 seed
UConn - 5 seed
Memphis - 7 seed
SMU - 9 seed

Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
I agree with Florida. UL and UF are the two best teams right now. UConn, can beat anyone, but UL is our kriptonite. We can't play vs attacking defense. UConn was on the defensive from the opening bell. UL is just better, thank to Harrell. They just reload at center. He is a very impressive player. I like UConn's chances at FF as long as UL is not in our bracket.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Louisville - 2 seed
Cincy - 4 seed
UConn - 5 seed
Memphis - 7 seed
SMU - 9 seed

Just my opinion.
Little two high on the last two - Memphis will be an 8 (and that sucks for you cause it's so much worse than a 7) and SMU will be an 11 seed. Ville may end up with a three seed and no 2 seed will want to see them in the bracket.

caw

Reaction Score
I agree with Florida. UL and UF are the two best teams right now. UConn, can beat anyone, but UL is our kriptonite. We can't play vs attacking defense. UConn was on the defensive from the opening bell. UL is just better, thank to Harrell. They just reload at center. He is a very impressive player. I like UConn's chances at FF as long as UL is not in our bracket.

Those are my top two right now. I'll say any #1 seed that sees UL as a two or whatever will be crapping their pants.

That said, I don't think there is a single dominate team this year. There is no UConn 2004, no UK 2012, etc.

UL has weaknesses that a team like Memphis exploits with their roster that UConn just can't.

Same with UF, very good team but not dominate.

They both have the fewest weaknesses but this is a pretty open field this year. Super glad UL is in the AAC this year bc it means UConn shouldn't see them for awhile in the Tourney.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Little two high on the last two - Memphis will be an 8 (and that sucks for you cause it's so much worse than a 7) and SMU will be an 11 seed. Ville may end up with a three seed and no 2 seed will want to see them in the bracket.

I'm hoping with UL winning, it makes our 2 wins over them look that much better...coupled with our 4-7 record v the top 50 it could keep us in the 7 seed. (guy can dream)

Reaction Score
I'm hoping with UL winning, it makes our 2 wins over them look that much better...coupled with our 4-7 record v the top 50 it could keep us in the 7 seed. (guy can dream)
I did not see your games against Ville but what was it that you saw that got those wins? Was it physicality of your inside players, taking care of the ball, or were you just shooting well and them not? Just wondering.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I did not see your games against Ville but what was it that you saw that got those wins? Was it physicality of your inside players, taking care of the ball, or were you just shooting well and them not? Just wondering.

It's because they're our main rival...we simply hate them (and respect them), so it doesn't really matter how good they were...in both games we got down late in the second half and simply did what we had to do (threes/and-ones/defense) to scrap out the Ws (the last 6 mins of both games are EPIC!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLOcihYeEws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc