Louisville. The Nation's best team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville. The Nation's best team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Louisville against Memphis late in the tourney, assuming Memphis can stay alive by then.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I can only image that the game the lose, they must get a lot of foul called on them for all the hand checking that doesn't get called when we play them

The odd thing is that in both losses to Memphis and the loss to Cincy, Ville went flat at the end. In one of them, Memphis went on a 16-1 run with 4 mins left. I don't know how that's possible, but apparently Ville shot 9 treys in that time and missed all of them. Just sounds like they melted down. Memphis closed with an 18-6 run in the game at Yum. I just can't see UConn getting it together enough to do that vs. Ville.

UNC fouled out Harrell and had 4 others with 4 fouls. UNC also kept a big at half court for easy outlet transition baskets.

I think the common thread is that UL was out-rebounded in every loss and Smith was in foul trouble in four of the five.

I guess they can be beaten, but not with our current roster.

Reaction Score
Pending a look at the bracket, Louisville is my pick to win it all. I don't care who they played, or what they did early in the season, they are playing lights out, have an unstoppable Guard in Smith, and their style is unique enough that no team, except maybe us, will be adequately prepared. Plus, they've been there before.

Can we beat them? Probably not, but Villanova could not beat Georgetown many years ago, until they did.

Reaction Score
I like UL as the favorite as well. They and UF are very good. I like UL's speed a little better. I feel like UF can have trouble with speed and a team with our speed and a little more beef in the paint will catch them in this tourney.

That said, if you told me I had to bet $100 on UL /UF to win or someone else from the field, I'd take the field. I don't like that UL was swept by Memphis and I don't like that UF is riding a huge win streak assuming they win today. It's tough to win 35 or so games in a row and I don't think the SEC is challenging enough to smack them in the mouth most nights like some of the other conferences.

Reaction Score
I have PC going all the way. They look like the team to beat. We won the BE Tourney in 2011 in the toughest conference in America and they just won the BE Tourney in 2014 in the ......nevermind

Reaction Score
Ville is playing lights out LATELY. That can change mid game. 2 is probably what they end up with.

Reaction Score
Don't think there is much separation between Louisville, Arizona, Florida, and MSU.

I think your on to something there my friend! Still give Fla the edge. It will be interesting to watch MSU today. My expectations are high for a big performance before the tourney starts from MSU. Bluedogs expectations have been known to be popped though on a regular basis.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
The ville is not the best team in the nation.

Reaction Score
they are basically the same team that won the title last year, I think they make it back to the final four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom