Louisville lost today...so did Tenn. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville lost today...so did Tenn.

Reaction Score
Concur with you @MSGRET

SC has 3 losses....but some continue to think they deserve a #1 seed. 1 loss A&M continues to win and 2 loss NC State has beaten both SC and Louisville. Both deserve attention.
Still more BB to be played that could change the entire landscape. "Stay Tuned"
A&M and SC play each other soon, and perhaps again in a conference tournament. whichever team impresses there will likely be a number 1 seed. Louisville and NC state could play in a conference tournament and Stanford potentially against a team that could beat them. Uconn is the rare top seed that on paper doesn't potentially face a serious threat before the national tournament with a number 1 seed virtually assured.

Reaction Score
No room at the inn. Spot reserved
Geno generally likes to take his picks from the cradle but times are a changing with new transfer rules shortening the time to development winning programs. It isn't unusual to have Jr's now leaving for the pros, look at Stevens and Walker for us. Each year will require a new look for the coaches. Were mimicking the men's programs.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Louisville lost today...so did Tenn.
Oh Yeah Lol GIF by Focus Features

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No room at the inn. Spot reserved
This is scary. I was going to text the ”no room at the inn” response too. You beat me to it. Azzi and “buckets” already have a bond. They’ve played together for years.

Like a quarterback and a receiver can communicate with a quick glance at each other (and they both know what the other one is thinking, and what the other one is going to do), so can these two. If you think UConn women’s basketball is fun to watch now, wait until the next class gets here. That has to be the deepest team Geno will have in some time.

Once that team gets “oiled” (a well oiled machine) and in sync, they are going to be hard to beat. When they play on the road, I would imagine their games will be sold out, or close to it. Who would not want to see them in person if they had the chance?

I hope they come to California in the next 4 years. TV is ok, but I’d like to see THAT show in person. If I lived within 100 miles of Storrs, I’d be a season ticket holder.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No way South Carolina a #1 tournament seed after yesterday. Creme, and the like, are too enamored with that championship banner and statue they hung and erected last year!
"After today" meaning after Tennessee. Okay. I agree that we do not deserve a Top 4 after that 4th quarter collapse.

However, we will add a win over Kentucky and possibly over A&M by the time of the next reveal. We will have a shot at winning more games against top 16 teams in the SEC tourney and be back in the top 4 by the real seeding.

So, yeah. I agree with you - for now.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
"After today" meaning after Tennessee. Okay. I agree that we do not deserve a Top 4 after that 4th quarter collapse.

However, we will add a win over Kentucky and possibly over A&M by the time of the next reveal. We will have a shot at winning more games against top 16 teams in the SEC tourney and be back in the top 4 by the real seeding.

So, yeah. I agree with you - for now.
Hey visiting, don’t sweat ratings or rankings, Just hope for a good draw in your bracket, and play your best basketball every time out. You can win 6 games from any spot in the bracket. That would be my only concern at this point. What teams are in my bracket (some 1/2 seeds have an easier draw than others. There are some teams you'd rather not see before the regional championship game), and are all my players healthy and ready to go.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When Dana Evans leaves she will play better and score a lot more.

Reaction Score
Hey visiting, don’t sweat ratings or rankings, Just hope for a good draw in your bracket, and play your best basketball every time out. You can win 6 games from any spot in the bracket. That would be my only concern at this point.
I don’t sweat them but there are advantages to seeds 1-8. Normally 1-4 have an advantage over 5-8, but not so much this year. So, yeah. I wanna see us seeded in the top 8.

where in the top 8 doesn’t really matter to me.

Reaction Score
If they beat A&M at the end of the season and win the SEC tournament, South Carolina will
be a 1 seed.
Yes, they will - but right now, should not be considered anything above a #3!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
An even better trick is to just have fewer flaws than your opponent!

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I’m happy about that!
UCONN all the way!
Our team should have fresh legs for Thursday!
Pizza, Sam Adams and B’ball forThursday’s game!
What’s your game day meal?
I'm waiting for Triad to establish the menu. ;)

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Rankings

1 UConn
2 NC State
3 TAM
4 SC
Tonyc...how long ago did I tell you that NC State was a very good team and was going to be a very tough out in the NCAAs. And, look here they are.

Reaction Score
Yes, they will - but right now, should not be considered anything above a #3!
So, you would consider them ("us") to be no better than the ninth best team."

I don't think that position is tenable when you compare them with other teams in the 5-8 positions.

First, SCar is still ranked third according to the NET today. This is supposed to be the primary guide for the committee. If a committee member looks to other guides, Scar is still in the top 5 of the AP, he coaches' Poll, Massey and RPI.

If you look at factors like Strength of Schedule, . NET ranks Scar as having the 4th toughest schedule. Massey ranks Scar as having the 4th toughest SoS. RPI (remember that?) has SCar with the number 2 SoS. No other team in the Top 16 has a tougher schedule. Only Stanford is close.

SCar has three losses. All three are to top 16 teams. They also have 5 wins against the top 25. Very few of the top ten teams have played a schedule that is near the same category. Basically only Stanford. UCLA plays a good schedule but has 4 losses. Arizona plays a good schedule but has the same number of losses as SCar.

Again, I do not advocate that SCar is worth of being 1-4. However, I do wonder what 8 teams you believe are more worthy than SCar

Reaction Score
So, you would consider them ("us") to be no better than the ninth best team."

I don't think that position is tenable when you compare them with other teams in the 5-8 positions.

First, SCar is still ranked third according to the NET today. This is supposed to be the primary guide for the committee. If a committee member looks to other guides, Scar is still in the top 5 of the AP, he coaches' Poll, Massey and RPI.

If you look at factors like Strength of Schedule, . NET ranks Scar as having the 4th toughest schedule. Massey ranks Scar as having the 4th toughest SoS. RPI (remember that?) has SCar with the number 2 SoS. No other team in the Top 16 has a tougher schedule. Only Stanford is close.

SCar has three losses. All three are to top 16 teams. They also have 5 wins against the top 25. Very few of the top ten teams have played a schedule that is near the same category. Basically only Stanford. UCLA plays a good schedule but has 4 losses. Arizona plays a good schedule but has the same number of losses as SCar.

Again, I do not advocate that SCar is worth of being 1-4. However, I do wonder what 8 teams you believe are more worthy than SCar
I place them today at a #7 overall ranking. That would give them a 3 seed. You make good points, but 3 losses are still 3 losses.

Reaction Score
I place them today at a #7 overall ranking. That would give them a 3 seed. You make good points, but 3 losses are still 3 losses.
We are apparently speaking a different language.

In my language:
a 3 seed would be the #9 , 10, 11 or 12 ranked teams
#8 would be a 2 seed.
#7 would be the third of the 2 seeds chosen.

Go in peace. We have no argument. #7 would not be a unfair position at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom