Louisville in Crisis | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Louisville in Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So we're back to laughing at others misfortunes and ignoring our own football woes and not trying to get into a better conference? Ok.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So we're back to laughing at others misfortunes and ignoring our own football woes and not trying to get into a better conference? Ok.
I wouldn't exactly label this as a school's misfortune. Not only was this a self inflicted wound, it stretches so far beyond the bounds of what a reasonable person would believe occurs when a school steps over the line in recruiting it is mind boggling.

Reaction Score
Duke Lacrosse was self inflicted too, right? Or UVA's fraternity rape story? If this is true, I'll laugh at Louisville with you guys. I've just learned to not jump the gun until the story's all the way out there, and right now this doesn't feel like it is.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Whether is was merely paying a stripper to perform (which was what the evidence strongly suggested the true story was) or a rape (which the accuser had claimed), what the Duke lacrosse team did, in on campus housing no less, was very wrong. Are you trying to claim they were vindicated and did nothing wrong because all the did was hire a stripper?

Do you honestly believe that the Louisville case in question may be similar to the fabricated story published by Rolling Stone magazine? My guess is that you realize that it is not but hope that some here may be dumb enough to say "hey, he may have a point there". There is evidence of the $10k payment to the woman making the allegations. There has been admission of the events having actually taken place by some of the basketball players & recruits who were allegedly in attendance and as recently as a few hours ago the ringleader resigned from his position with the UMKC.

Somehow I have a feeling that once all is said and done you will only be laughing if the school, its athletic department and more specifically its men's basketball program walks away unscathed as I don't see how anyone who is in fact a Husky fan (whether he has or has not rusted) would join this message board solely to claim we are too exuberant (and possibly premature) in our amusement over this issue.

Reaction Score
Whether is was merely paying a stripper to perform (which was what the evidence strongly suggested the true story was) or a rape (which the accuser had claimed), what the Duke lacrosse team did, in on campus housing no less, was very wrong. Are you trying to claim they were vindicated and did nothing wrong because all the did was hire a stripper?

Do you honestly believe that the Louisville case in question may be similar to the fabricated story published by Rolling Stone magazine? My guess is that you realize that it is not but hope that some here may be dumb enough to say "hey, he may have a point there". There is evidence of the $10k payment to the woman making the allegations. There has been admission of the events having actually taken place by some of the basketball players & recruits who were allegedly in attendance and as recently as a few hours ago the ringleader resigned from his position with the UMKC.

Somehow I have a feeling that once all is said and done you will only be laughing if the school, its athletic department and more specifically its men's basketball program walks away unscathed as I don't see how anyone who is in fact a Husky fan (whether he has or has not rusted) would join this message board solely to claim we are too exuberant (and possibly premature) in our amusement over this issue.

Wait -- you seriously think it's any of our business if a group of 19 to 24 year olds, with their own funds, hire a stripper? Seriously?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Never said it was our business BL, merely that it (especially as it occurred on campus) was wrong. I imagine that many college students do things that can be considered wrong yet are not the business of the general public (which I am a member). Where the Duke lacrosse case differs is that it became public knowledge. And for the record I'm guessing that it was actually their parents' funds that paid for the stripper.

Reaction Score
Andre McGee resigned his post at UMKC.......Pinto and Louisville have there answer

Rick goes next!

Reaction Score
Never said it was our business BL, merely that it (especially as it occurred on campus) was wrong. I imagine that many college students do things that can be considered wrong yet are not the business of the general public (which I am a member). Where the Duke lacrosse case differs is that it became public knowledge. And for the record I'm guessing that it was actually their parents' funds that paid for the stripper.

Making a lot of leaps here. The house was owned by the school, but it wasn't on campus. The players were renting it. And beyond that, the questionable morality of hiring a stripper to perform is so far short of what they were accused of and then convicted of in the press that pretending that they weren't vindicated is patently offensive. They were accused of a horrifying Kavanaughed, called liars, thugs, entitled, racists, etc., by their own school administration and by the public at large.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Making a lot of leaps here. The house was owned by the school, but it wasn't on campus. The players were renting it. And beyond that, the questionable morality of hiring a stripper to perform is so far short of what they were accused of and then convicted of in the press that pretending that they weren't vindicated is patently offensive. They were accused of a horrifying Kavanaughed, called liars, thugs, entitled, racists, etc., by their own school administration and by the public at large.
Exactly what leap have I made? Please reread what I posted.

Are you claiming that the kids who were falsely accused were doing something right when they went out and hired a stripper? Unless you are your disagreement is not with my point but with something you are inferring from my post.

Reaction Score

I have no clue why someone would view it as wrong for young men to hire a stripper to perform. Why is it wrong? Even if it is my business to judge.

Reaction Score
I have no clue why someone would view it as wrong for young men to hire a stripper to perform. Why is it wrong? Even if it is my business to judge.
Helps to concentrate on aiming the sperm rather than letting it spray like some fire hose.

Just don't hate me now. Pretty please? The NCAA doesn't care, anyway.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score

I'm trying to figure out why my pointing out (to an apparent poser) the differences between the Duke lacrosse situation and that this thread is titled after has evolved into a debate over whether or not the Duke lacrosse players were right or wrong in hiring a stripper. My personal opinion is that it was wrong, not from a moral perspective but rather from one of common sense. They were in a high enough profile situation where they should have considered something less than positive could come from that. Does my opinion matter? No, not at all.

Reaction Score
Rocktheworld said:
Nothing a little Scotch-Gard won't prevent

Lmao. But the fact that she has pics with the girls and players and pics of McGee's car and of text messages means you can't just dismiss it.

Reaction Score
Exactly what leap have I made? Please reread what I posted.

Are you claiming that the kids who were falsely accused were doing something right when they went out and hired a stripper? Unless you are your disagreement is not with my point but with something you are inferring from my post.

To say that their punishment was self-inflicted is so far beyond intellectually dishonest that I don't even know what to say. Their season wasn't cancelled and they weren't pilloried and called monsters in the press and by their school's faculty because they hired a couple of strippers to an off-campus party. You can think that's not appropriate, but you're going to have a hard time arguing that's immoral, and certainly not that it's close enough to gang-rape that the punishments to both should be interchangeable.

Not only that, but one of the players who was falsely accused wasn't even on-campus at the time, and another left when the strippers arrived.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
To say that their punishment was self-inflicted is so far beyond intellectually dishonest that I don't even know what to say. Their season wasn't cancelled and they weren't pilloried and called monsters in the press and by their school's faculty because they hired a couple of strippers to an off-campus party. You can think that's not appropriate, but you're going to have a hard time arguing that's immoral, and certainly not that it's close enough to gang-rape that the punishments to both should be interchangeable.

Not only that, but one of the players who was falsely accused wasn't even on-campus at the time, and another left when the strippers arrived.
I'm beginning to wonder if you and I are even speaking the same language as you are taking things from my posts that were never there.

I claimed that Louisville's wounds were self inflicted and in a follow-up post, where the poser was attempting to equate what happened with Duke's lacrosse team and what has been stated in the book about Louisville's recruiting parties were not similar. From here somehow you've jumped to the conclusion that you've stated above. Please show me what it was that I posted that led to your conclusions.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Can we interrupt this to announce that L's rabid FB fanbase looked like a lot of empty seats this afternoon. Nice pick ACC.

Reaction Score
One NY Columnist wrote that the reported Lville allegations are not at all shocking. Shocking! would be reports of the recruits visiting the library.

I'm not shocked at all by what happened. I'm shocked at the source (and the story) - mom pimping out all 3 of her daughters, etc. Just goes to show how different some people view their options in life.

Reaction Score
University of Louisville president under fire after photo emerges showing his Mexican-themed Halloween party with staff holding maracas and wearing sombreros

The University of Louisville apologized to the school's entire Hispanic community Thursday after a photo surfaced showing President James Ramsey among a group of staffers at a Halloween party dressed in matching stereotypical Mexican costumes.

They wore bushy mustaches and sombreros, and rattled maracas as they posed for the photo.

Ramsey's chief of staff, Kathleen Smith, issued a statement expressing 'deep regret' over the incident.

'We made a mistake and are very sorry,' she wrote, adding that the university pledges to train staff and engage with the campus over diversity and racial equality issues. 'This event shows we have much more to learn about our community.'

Sarah Nunez, the university's director of the Office of Hispanic and Latino Initiatives, said she said heard from many of the university's 712 Hispanic undergraduates, and some of the 150 faculty and staff.

'Some students shared that they felt this was degrading to them, and disrespectful,' she said. 'They feel hurt. They feel like their trust was broken.'

The photo emerged at an inopportune time for the university, which is already mired in a sex scandal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3296132/University-president-posed-photo-sombrero-poncho.html#ixzz3q5U6Yujm

Reaction Score
University of Louisville president under fire after photo emerges showing his Mexican-themed Halloween party with staff holding maracas and wearing sombreros
Meanwhile, a decidedly more PC costume in Storrs. No shocker, Louisville CC's president may not be the sharpest tool in the set. Or, have an abundance of common sense during a fairly controversial period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom