Louisville beats Baylor! ... | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Louisville beats Baylor! ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dare I think it, could I possibly utter it out loud. I'm so excited I can't help myself.....UCONN - TENN for the NCAA National Championship.

Kelly Faris is Superwoman in disguise!!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I agree so much. I think that was Waltz's argument, for which he got the technical. They wouldn't even look at it, to be sure????? What kind of officials are doing the NCAA tournament???? Then Baylor's coach goes totally nuts on a legitimate call on the other side and NO TECHNICAL?????

I sit here wondering about all the coaches' antics, past and present. Geno gets a T, legitimately so, I didn't see Walz, so I cannot comment. But watching Mulkey today (ripping of your jacket, really?), Summitt in the past, it makes me wonder how often male coaches are T-ed up compared to females. Maybe it's just me, but it just seems a bit lopsided.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
If it continued as was someone was likely to get hurt. He was protecting his players. he had a 13 point lead and still ended up 9 at the half.
Waltz got the T at the 2 minute mark, up by only 6???

Reaction Score
Couple of games to be played before we go there...
A person has to have dreams. Tough thing is I am now rooting for TENN to win. Kind of gives me an upset stomach but I don't think there would be a better matchup for the N.C.

Kelly Faris is Superwoman in disguise!!

Reaction Score
Dare I think it, could I possibly utter it out loud. I'm so excited I can't help myself.....UCONN - TENN for the NCAA National Championship.

Somebody should point out to ESPN that UConn-Tennessee is probably the best matchup they can get now for the Final, ratings-wise.

Reaction Score
Somebody should point out to ESPN that UConn-Tennessee is probably the best matchup they can get now for the Final, ratings-wise.
Absolutely, and maybe it will start the season series again.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
As Kara Lawson said tonight, it's amazing to think one of TENN, GA, CAL or Louisville will be playing for the NC.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Surprise, surprise a dumb comment by Carolyn peck. She said this upset was at the same level of duke over tenn in 1999.
That certainly was a huge upset, but tonight tops them all. No question.

This one may be bigger but I think they are definitely comparable. Tennessee was a 3x defending national champion that had rolled to the Elite 8. Holdsclaw was in her last season and had averaged about 30 a game in the first three rounds, hadn't lost in the post season since middle school (don't know if she even lost then) and was playing on a mission, everybody thought it'd be Tennessee-Purdue for the title. Tennessee beat Duke easiler earlier in the year too. Duke had never played in a Final Four, had good players but none near the caliber of Holdsclaw/Catchings/Randall and managed to pull off the colossal upset.

Similar to this in how Louisville played the game of their lives, shut down Griner (so to speak) and were playing with a bunch of players while never being ranked in the top 10. Nobody game them a chance and they basically played as well as the could have possibly could have and somehow pulled off the win in an incredibly exciting game.

This may be bigger because 1999 Duke was stronger on paper than 2013 Louisville....but those are definitely two of the biggest upsets of all time, especially considering how the upsets ended the careers of two of the most decorated players of all time who were coming off undefeated seasons and were overwhelming favorites to cruise to a repeat championship.

Reaction Score
As I said, that was a huge upset. And would be #2 or 3 on my list. But this is undoubtedly #1. Everyone thought this was baylor's title, with ease. And they lost in the sweet 16???

The comparison is not even close.

Reaction Score
Suddenly I'm so conflicted. I find myself wanting to root for Dook and the Orange State. Rooting for them in hopes of getting a chance to beat them, of course.

Reaction Score
I thought they let Louisville get very rough with BG but I never blame refs for a loss. Both teams got away with some fouls that should have been called.
That's why there were such point swings in each half. Louisville butchered BG in the first half, hack, hack and more hacking. In the second half Baylor was allowed to push, bump, hand-check and hack, while UL got whistled for the fouls. The Ref's were a huge factor in this game especially with the technical fouls. Waltz "T" was probably right call, but we didn't see it. Sims/Schimel double "T" was a bad call, ref should have stepped in warned them, told them to knock the crap off, then T'em if it doesn't stop. Schimel should have been T'd up after woofing at BG after the lay and foul. If you give Waltz a "T" for what he did, then Mulkey deserved one for her tirade as well.

Very inconsistent ref'ing is not helping the Women's game this weekend.

Reaction Score
I would send in a seldom used player, such as Higgins, and lay Slaughter out with an accidental elbow.
It does not matter now, Kim and Griner and Baylor can go home and rest ............

Reaction Score
What Mulkey did was worthy of an ejection. That was flat out embarrassing. Of course, her outfits take the work embarrassing to a new level.

Reaction Score
That's why there were such point swings in each half. Louisville butchered BG in the first half, hack, hack and more hacking. In the second half Baylor was allowed to push, bump, hand-check and hack, while UL got whistled for the fouls. The Ref's were a huge factor in this game especially with the technical fouls. Waltz "T" was probably right call, but we didn't see it. Sims/Schimel double "T" was a bad call, ref should have stepped in warned them, told them to knock the crap off, then T'em if it doesn't stop. Schimel should have been T'd up after woofing at BG after the lay and foul. If you give Waltz a "T" for what he did, then Mulkey deserved one for her tirade as well.

Very inconsistent ref'ing is not helping the Women's game this weekend.
I have to agree with you on every point. And can only assume they are trying to make the game a little wilder so they can bring in some new fans that like the tougher action that they can see in the men's game.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Mulkey is given way too much leniency. I can't stand her sideline antics. Geno uses technicals to motivate his team (i.e. Maryland) and usually apologizes for them afterwards. Mulkey whined about the refs in the post game instead of apologizing for her TERRIBLE end-of-game coaching. Griner at halfcourt with nine seconds left? What on earth was she thinking??

Reaction Score
Unreal performance from Louisville. The basketball gods shone Down on that university today. Mulkey was complaining about the refs but L'ville had three players foul out and was in double bonus with more than 8mins left. Waltz got a tech for sitting on the press table and mulkey didn't get anything called on her when she damn near took her top off after that late offensive foul call. Any given Sunday you can lose. Baylor won't be as good next year without BG and they all know it which was why they knew they had to win it all again this year.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
dang ETT has been silenced... now you can stick your chest back in :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads