Louisville beats Baylor! ... | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Louisville beats Baylor! ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I actually feel for you guys, ETT. That was a terrible way to go out. Just an ugly game all around. I am not really a Louisville fan, they play kind of rough, but Baylor didn't step up in the way they should have.

And I thought Mulkey did a terrible job throughout. And her post-game remarks were classless.

Reaction Score
Wow. Absolutely Shocking. I am so glad she (sorry, don't remember the player's name) hit those 2 free throws at the end.
Nice to not see a player choke in those situations.

Monique Reid

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I actually feel for you guys, ETT. That was a terrible way to go out. Just an ugly game all around. I am not really a Louisville fan, they play kind of rough, but Baylor didn't step up in the way they should have.

And I thought Mulkey did a terrible job throughout. And her post-game remarks were classless.

I agree. Baylor could not stop the three point shot. I always figured that Baylor would lose to a team that got hot from three point range as Baylor's guards have always had a tendency to lose the shooters. It really cost them tonight.

Louisville, I thought, took the court with instructions to abuse BG. For that I will have a tough time respecting Walz. But it worked. The guards quit passing the ball to her and Mulkey should have gotten a technical after that play where the player fouled BG about 4 times and then took a swing at her. She did not stand up for BG when she needed it early. A "T" early on would have cleaned that up.

But Baylor's defensive execution at the end was horrible. BG should have been waiting under the basket, not chasing the player from mid court.

Reaction Score
She also said Brittney should have gotten the ball, put it on the floor and tried to find a way to get more involved offensively. I'm pretty sure you don't want her putting the ball on the floor.

Yes...a 6-8 woman dribbling with three smaller players around her...only good things could happen...how many wide open shots did Baylor have to miss in the 1st half...this was a team loss...I wouldn't point any fingers...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Most posters on this board have been more than gracious to me. Although Baylor won't be challenging for a championship any time soon I still look forward to posting on this board. UCONN has become my second favorite team to watch.
ETT - really enjoy your posts on this board (mostly:)!) Folks like you and Triad and Cardfan coming here and adding outside perspective really improves the board. And I certainly appreciate that you all do not take too much offense when we become partisan!

Reaction Score
In the offseason the head of officials for the women's game, needs to get a handle on the physical nature of the game. One of the great aspects of the women's game, is the basic fundamentals most players have. The problem with a lot of these games this year, is the ref's have allowed the game to become a hockey match without pads. They need to start protecting the players, before someone is badly hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom