Louisville beats Baylor! ... | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Louisville beats Baylor! ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yep. She's like a 12th year senior. Seems like Mo Reid has been at Louisville forever. But, she's been plagued with injuries and other travails - I'm happy to see all her hard work pay off for her.
Maturity probably helped her keep her cool for the free throws.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Louisville may have just won ND the NC. I honestly believe if we don't beat them no one will. And my expectations for that have taken a big hit with Stefs injuries.

Crazy year!

Agree 100%, but I would rather have ND win than Tennessee. (Anyone else is fine-but in the end would rather it be UCONN)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Hitting those FTs was huge. That girl took the ball right at BG and then stepped up and hit the FTs. She had all the pressure on her and shrugged it off and sealed the game.

I thought Louisville was really rough in the first half but that was cleaned up and I thought played well down the stretch. Baylor waited too long to really press and put pressure on the ball.

Sims had a great offensive game but she did not get BG involved at all. Louisville tempted the Baylor guards to shoot a lot and they took the bait with the guards shooting a combined 41 shots to BG's 10. That has also been my fear with this team, which is they forget to get BG the touches she needs.

But hand it to the Cardinals. They came out and executed a game plan that worked to perfection. Walz completely out coached Mulkey and deserved the win.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And the L-ville men blow out Duke.

As disappointed as I was with the Louisville men, Im ecstatic about the Louisville women

Lets go Cards... beat The Vols.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Geno's technical wasn't stupid at all
Actually, he called himself a dumba$$ for losing it. "I'm old enough to know better. I cost my team 4 points.

Reaction Score
The bucket should have at least counted on the charge. The ball was way out of her hands before there was contact. Don't like the charge call in that situation at all - I say inconsequential contact, no advantage gained, get up and play. But if you are going to call it, the bucket is good.
I agree so much. I think that was Waltz's argument, for which he got the technical. They wouldn't even look at it, to be sure????? What kind of officials are doing the NCAA tournament???? Then Baylor's coach goes totally nuts on a legitimate call on the other side and NO TECHNICAL????? What kind of justice! Louisville loses a basket and Baylor gets two free throws, a big deal in a close game. It reminds me of the same crappy officiating that almost allowed Ohio State to win their game against Wichita State. You'd almost think the ref's had some money on the games. I am so sick of Baylor getting every call in every game, ala Notre Dame! When these teams start having a couple of calls go against them and fight through it, maybe I'll have a little more respect for them. I personally think Sims is a thug as is Griner that have really benefitted from the refs over their careers. For every bad call against them, they've had about twenty going for them. I think this Baylor loss was one of the most enjoyable things I've ever seen in sports. Yet here was Rebecca Lobo who came across as a cheerleader for Baylor and I think that's really lousy of a color commentator. I think she's a wonderful person but to have her calling games really shows that's a role she has no business having. She should continue her sideline interviews and that type of thing, which she does well. I've rarely heard anyone call a game who seems more out of sync. You'd never know she was the college and WNBA player that she was.

Reaction Score
I guess Georgia and Cal are saying "What about us"?

Duke still has the toughest road to make it to the title game.

Tenn's FF drought might be over.

Will Diggins finally win a NC?

How fitting it would be if Geno won his eight NC against Tenn (tying Pat in the process) or if Holly won her first NC in her first year.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Hitting those FTs was huge. That girl took the ball right at BG and then stepped up and hit the FTs. She had all the pressure on her and shrugged it off and sealed the game.

I thought Louisville was really rough in the first half but that was cleaned up and I thought played well down the stretch. Baylor waited too long to really press and put pressure on the ball.

Sims had a great offensive game but she did not get BG involved at all. Louisville tempted the Baylor guards to shoot a lot and they took the bait with the guards shooting a combined 41 shots to BG's 10. That has also been my fear with this team, which is the forget to get BG the touches she needs.

But hand it to the Cardinals. They came out and executed a game plan that worked to perfection. Walz completely out coached Mulkey and deserved the win.
Yeah, but without Sims, Baylor loses this game by 20. Brittney couldn't hit the broadside of a barn early. Sims had a few big threes and several steals or Baylor doesn't keep it close.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Actually, he called himself a dumba$$ for losing it. "I'm old enough to know better. I cost my team 4 points.
But it may well have helped jumpstart the team in the second half because the team knew he had their back. It was a very good T. And Geno's comments sounded pretty tongue in cheek.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Will Diggins finally win a NC?

If this happens, I will make one final post and then leave the BY for good as I jump off of the roof of my house....better go to my neighbors, it's taller.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Yeah he says that but don't think it will enter his mind the next time he goes beserk. Besides most people think it was a "Good" one. including his players who were happy he had their back.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
But it may well have helped jumpstart the team in the second half because the team knew he had their back. It was a very good T. And Geno's comments sounded pretty tongue in cheek.
No, he was serious. You can listen to the post game presser at the NCAA site.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, he was serious. You can listen to the post game presser at the NCAA site.
I did hear him and I thought he was playing it low key. He has said the same thing after other Ts and it hasn't stopped him from ever doing it again.

Reaction Score
I'm breathless. Don't think I'll ever forget that game. Try to imagine the pressure on the Louisville player shooting the last two free throws to win the game!

One other ESPN memory of the day: Dave O'Brien talking about Skylar Diggins, Skylar Diggins, Skylar Diggins, Skylar Diggins, Skylar Diggins, Skylar Diggins, Skylar Diggins, Skylar Diggins, and more Skylar Diggins,.
I hope that Notre Dame loses and quickly and Skylar Diggins is the goat of the game. That she fouls out with zero points with, eleven turnovers and that they lose the game by a single point. Although I concede she is talented, she is probably the most hyped player in the history of woman's college basketball and she has never won a title. I never saw Maya Moore ever get the kind of reverence and all the calls that she has in her career. I guess when you're a pinup girl with some talent you will be privy to every call in the world.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
I'm breathless. Don't think I'll ever forget that game. Try to imagine the pressure on the Louisville player shooting the last two free throws to win the game!

One other ESPN memory of the day: Dave O'Brien talking about Skylar Diggins, Skylar Diggins, Skylar Diggins, Skylar Diggins, Skylar Diggins, Skylar Diggins, Skylar Diggins, Skylar Diggins, and more Skylar Diggins,.

Now we know how annoyed everyone else was with Diana

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score

I thought it was smart, he was protecting his players

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I blame Vowelguy for this loss. He needs to start one with the title "UCONN Wins National Championship" and it will come true.

Good luck to UCONN the rest of the tourney. Hopefully Dolson gets healthy and can play close to full strength and lead UCONN to a title.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but without Sims, Baylor loses this game by 20. Brittney couldn't hit the broadside of a barn early. Sims had a few big threes and several steals or Baylor doesn't keep it close.
Because she plays the game with a lot of energy, it seems like Sims almost never commits a foul (sarcasm) and if she misses any shots while driving, it must mean that someone fouled her, even if the closest player is wearing a Baylor uniform. She seems to have a lot of the Skylar Diggins working for her, though I definitely think she's a better player than Diggins and deserves her success a lot more than Diggins. Without the support of a lot of half ass officials, Diggins would be just another good ballplayer, not a potential All-American.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom