Louisville beating UConn aint in the CARDS | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville beating UConn aint in the CARDS

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Tony, I don't know.....Anything is possible. Let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

Exactly. In the prognosticators thread the lowest UConn point total predicted for the UCF game was 78; the vast majority were 85-plus. It's unlikely, but not impossible that they'll play that way against Louisville.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wow alot of "IF's" in this thread. UConn has 6 AA canidates LVille 1. UConn has 6 players better then Asia Durr and LVille has one. Plain and simply. If Durr goes off which will be a very difficult task against UConns defense who else will score for LVille? Hines Allen? maybe. Hey LVille has to play UConn one on one with no slacking off any player. UConn is gonna win this game big and be up over 2o pts most of the game. It aint even close. The UCF game people are referring to dont forget UCF didnt score in double figures in how many quarters? It was a slow down, stall game and UConn was up over 20. Thats alot in a game that is played slow. Im not concerned about LVille at all. I realized along time ago that there is only one UConn. FWIW what is UConns record over the past 3 years? What is UConns record over the past 7 years, how bout 10 years. They dont lose often and when it happens I call it a fluke or a law of averages. Hey they gotta lose sometime but looking at their record not too much.
TonyC- I love and respect your passion but immediately your first sentence is wrong. Only KLS has outplayed Durr this season. She has been awesome and IS THE REASON Louisville is doing so well. You are always observant and logical in you UConn analysis as the rest oft you post demonstrates, but please give credit where credit is due to Asia and even Hines-Allen, who is also very, very good. I am not saying H-A is better than any of our top 6 but it’s not clear cut either that she’s lower.
The nuttiness that this forum predicts 20-25 point blowouts over very good teams is truly mind boggling to me. That is what comes across as arrogant and is beneath us as knowledgeable fans. Could it be a blowout of course, but it should be under 15 point win which is also amazing. For those that bemoan the UCF game- get a grip as that game was over halfway thru 1Q. UCF was tenacious on D but at no time was UConn in any danger of losing. If you want to find weakness in the handling the press, go ahead and try but that same press was handled pretty well for 3Qs.
Again, opinions are great, just use a bit more measured logic and respect.
Humbly submitted.-DefenseBB

Reaction Score
UConn loses if UConn doesn’t come to play. How often does that happen?
UConn by 18.

If L’ville loses by single digits I will be very impressed with them.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
TonyC- I love and respect your passion but immediately your first sentence is wrong. Only KLS has outplayed Durr this season.
I'm afraid @Tonyc is correct (as usual). Both KLS and Kia Nurse have played better than Durr this season. Kia Nurse in particular has out played her in every category possible.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I'm afraid @Tonyc is correct (as usual). Both KLS and Kia Nurse have played better than Durr this season. Kia Nurse in particular has out played her in every category possible.
First- Tony said we have 6 players better than Durr, he’s wrong. Second, he said we have 6 AA candidates, no we don’t. Z and despite Crystal Dangerfield’s great game today, are not AA candidates this year. Next year, absolutely.

Let’s agree to disagree on Kia. No way anyone outside of UConn faithful thinks Kia has out played Durr. Look, I think Kia derseves the WBCA 10 member team as she’s A Jack of All trades with awesome defense. That said, no one goes into a game and says “the key for us to win is stopping Kia”. That’s what everyone does when facing Louisville- try to stop Durr. It’s why Kia will be on Durr as will Gabby- TO STOP HER. That’s a big difference when you get to go unchecked to shoot wide open 3s and lead the layup brigade on turnovers. So thanks for you reply but I am going to pass and stand by my comments Durr is better than Kia at this point in the year.

The good news is we get to see it live Monday.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Kia could carry a team on her back and be counted on to be the primary scorer game after game like Asia does. Kia is a terrific system player and complementary player. She is not targeted as the player teams go after to shut down every game. Kia has 5 other players who can be the teams primary scorer in any game. Asia has one which is Hines-Allen. Huge difference. Can Kia create her own shot? Not really.

Reaction Score
If Louisville is smart, they will follow a similar game plan as UCF. Uconn's Achilles heel is their lack of depth, marginal defensive quickness against fast guards, sporadic offensive rebounding, compounded by nagging injuries caused by the "depth" issue. Don't get me wrong, I am an avid Geno and Uconn women's basketball fan, but various factors are catching up with his teams that do not bode well for this or next year. The things that contributed to their repeated successes are wearing thin.....like two years of mediocre recruiting.....and other programs that know what they have to do to beat them. Sadly, it is a fact and it shows.

I have posted nearly everything you say above except: Mediocre recruiting or "Sadly, its a FACT". "The things that contribute ----are wearing thin" Your OPINION as I often say is your opinion and it belongs to you --opinions, in my opinion, are just that and you are entitled to your opinion. FACTS are quite different. There are a dozen or more on the BY who state FACTS--and add facts to verify what they say. Unfortunately, I am not one.
Facts require FACTS to make them valid.
You are not without friends or people that believe as you do.

Reaction Score
Logic must be founded on sound information. Your basis is incorrect because it does not contain the understanding of what constitutes a quality recruiting class. Of course I must also allow that you don’t have a true understanding of the definition of ‘mediocre ‘.

Listen to the wise counsel of your elders on the board.

We be happy happy happy wid wat we got

to hear Geno talk about the lack of help from the bench, both recruits and transfers, I'm not sure he's happy, happy, happy.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I don’t think Kia could carry a team on her back and be counted on to be the primary scorer game after game like Asia does. Kia is a terrific system player and complementary player. She is not targeted as the player teams go after to shut down every game. Kia has 5 other players who can be the teams primary scorer in any game. Asia has one which is Hines-Allen. Huge difference. Can Kia create her own shot? Not really.
Can Asia create her own shot if Kia (or Gabby) is guarding her? I am thinking we may find out on Monday.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
First- Tony said we have 6 players better than Durr, he’s wrong. Second, he said we have 6 AA candidates, no we don’t. Z and despite Crystal Dangerfield’s great game today, are not AA candidates this year. Next year, absolutely.

Let’s agree to disagree on Kia. No way anyone outside of UConn faithful thinks Kia has out played Durr. Look, I think Kia derseves the WBCA 10 member team as she’s A Jack of All trades with awesome defense. That said, no one goes into a game and says “the key for us to win is stopping Kia”. That’s what everyone does when facing Louisville- try to stop Durr. It’s why Kia will be on Durr as will Gabby- TO STOP HER. That’s a big difference when you get to go unchecked to shoot wide open 3s and lead the layup brigade on turnovers. So thanks for you reply but I am going to pass and stand by my comments Durr is better than Kia at this point in the year.
The good news is we get to see it live Monday.
You name the stat FG%, Total Assists, Assist per game, Fewer turnovers, 3Pt shooting Percentage, Steals, Rebounds, Blocks, Minutes per game, Games played Kia is beating Durr soundly. The only stat where Durr is ahead is in PPG because....Durr has shot the ball 150 more times than Kia Nurse.
Louisville Athletics - 2017-18 Women's Basketball Cumulative Statistics
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2017-2018/teamcume.html#TEAM.IND

Men lie, Women lie , Numbers don't! -JayZ

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
What is UCONN WCBB record since 2015? Seems like UCONN is doing more than just "prevailing".
Building on someone else's post from maybe two weeks ago (@DavidinNaples?), since the beginning of the 13-14 season, UConn is 176 and 2. That would be a cool 98.8764 percent.

Reaction Score
If Louisville is smart, they will follow a similar game plan as UCF. Uconn's Achilles heel is their lack of depth, marginal defensive quickness against fast guards, sporadic offensive rebounding, compounded by nagging injuries caused by the "depth" issue. Don't get me wrong, I am an avid Geno and Uconn women's basketball fan, but various factors are catching up with his teams that do not bode well for this or next year. The things that contributed to their repeated successes are wearing thin.....like two years of mediocre recruiting.....and other programs that know what they have to do to beat them. Sadly, it is a fact and it shows.
Sorry but I don't fully agree with you about two years poor recruiting. CD is becoming a premiere point guard and to get or develop one is about as hard as getting a quality big. The rest of last years class haven't been significant contributors but I believe Kyla will become a secondary contributor.
I think it's too early to tell about this years class. I think MW will be a quality player but that may not happen this year!
Just to clarify my earlier comment, 2015....Butler....Boykin....Samuelson....Collier.....2 for 4. In 2016.....Dangerfield.....Irwin.Bent....1 for 3. I like the last 2, but they have not proven they can play a major role. In 2017.....Walker.....Coombs.....Hunter.....Gordon. Hardly a stellar recruiting class. You can disagree, but I don't see where 2015-2017 has resulted in the kind of (and amount of) top notch players Uconn needs to prevail in today's competitive environment.
You're leaving out almost all the details and color in your comments. Two for four in the current junior class and those two made AA as sophomores. PLEASE!
The sophomores include CD whose having a phenomenal year and is a
Becoming or already is a top point guard.
They also got two transfers one that will make AA next year and the other has been injured. Oh I missed it that's one for two. The freshman so far have not contributed a great deal yet, but except for the greats most don't usually develop right away.
And next year we have the top or the next to top recruiting class with a superb guard and a very quality mobile big and the possibility of one more.
And many of the top 2019, 2020 & 2021 recruits have some level of interest.
I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not sure what your watching!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Keep in mind what Kia did with the Canadian team, when she did put her team on her back and was the primary scorer. Just because she doesn't have to do that with UConn doesn't mean she couldn't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom