Lou Still Has A Back Issue | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lou Still Has A Back Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a little confused. If she hasn't run enough in the last 10 days or so to rehab some of her wind conditioning how could she, the medical staff or the coaches have any idea how playing in a real game is going to go. None of what I've heard sounds very good for KLS or the team. Because anything less than a complete 90% KLS is not going to be good enough for either her or the team moving forward.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm a little confused. If she hasn't run enough in the last 10 days or so to rehab some of her wind conditioning how could she, the medical staff or the coaches have any idea how playing in a real game is going to go. None of what I've heard sounds very good for KLS or the team. Because anything less than a complete 90% KLS is not going to be good enough for either her or the team moving forward.
As far as Lou’s conditioning, all that we know for sure is that she hasn’t played in a game in almost 3 weeks. The suggestion that she hasn’t run enough in 10 days is alarmist speculation. Game conditioning only comes from playing in games.

UConn’s medical staff is as good as it gets. Any idea that the training and coaching staff would allow Lou to play if she wasn’t ready to play is complete nonsense.

Reaction Score
By Geno’s assessment Lou is shooting at 95%. I’m assuming he’s talking about her 3-pt shooting. If Lou is shooting it at 95%, I certainly wouldn’t give her any open looks from the 3-pt line if I was playing UConn.
If MOLLY were shooting 95 percent Geno would be using her! If she is shooting 95 percent--from the FT--it seems the back is FINE. With all the talk of her back not being perfect, my assumption seems to say-her 3 ball and long shots will be off. . Legs Arms and backs are needed for the long shot, a twing and the shot is off.
Or did Geno say or mean it's at 95 percent of what it was--like 95 percent of 39 percent?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If MOLLY were shooting 95 percent Geno would be using her! If she is shooting 95 percent--from the FT--it seems the back is FINE. With all the talk of her back not being perfect, my assumption seems to say-her 3 ball and long shots will be off. . Legs Arms and backs are needed for the long shot, a twing and the shot is off.
Or did Geno say or mean it's at 95 percent of what it was--like 95 percent of 39 percent?
I guess we’ll find out what Geno meant tonight once the game starts.

Reaction Score
As far as Lou’s conditioning, all that we know for sure is that she hasn’t played in a game in almost 3 weeks. The suggestion that she hasn’t run enough in 10 days is alarmist speculation. Game conditioning only comes from playing in games.

UConn’s medical staff is as good as it gets. Any idea that the training and coaching staff would allow Lou to play if she wasn’t ready to play is complete nonsense.

I beg to differ in Game Conditioning. If a player isn't conditioned prior to the beginning of the season, and before games, they will be out of condition during games--that's Uconn's secret weapon--conditioning. I do however believe in laying off for 3 weeks, no really hard practicing, no games her "game" conditioning will at least rusty to START, I hope that isn't the case with KLS.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Listen carefully starting around 10:15 of Geno's presser:
She's going to stay in as long as she feels right, but if she comes out she's staying out, because athletes with back issues ....
So, I didn’t really see or hear anything alarming so while I don’t want to call this being “Fake News” I am curious that after reading what you have wrought, I am hopeful you’ll reconsider your “headline” nomenclature unless your intent was reek havoc than I tip my cap to you as “Mission Accomplished” and claim you’re treading into my “snark” territory so “stay in your lane bro”! :cool:

Reaction Score
"she has only so many minutes in that back "

The rest of us haven't heard any time limits on her back.

an opinion..........................don't remember saying I had met with her doctors.....................I will be thrilled if she gets through the rest of the season without any additional back issues, that said, as far as I'm concerned every minute she plays should be important minutes...............

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So, I didn’t really see or hear anything alarming so while I don’t want to call this being “Fake News” I am curious that after reading what you have wrought, I am hopeful you’ll reconsider your “headline” nomenclature unless your intent was reek havoc than I tip my cap to you as “Mission Accomplished” and claim you’re treading into my “snark” territory so “stay in your lane bro”! :cool:

@DefenseBB I don't think I overstated or sensationalized "it." Geno said he's treating her as someone with a back issue, so he's not going to have her sit for a while during the game and then send her back out there. So, Geno's treating her as someone with a back issue, meaning she has a back issue. As for the havoc, I leave that up to you, unparalleled in the snark tank. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lou played most of last season on 2 torn tendons in her ankle and was 2nd in the AP POY voting. She has up to 6 collegiate games left. Think she's going to show up? I was at the "barf bucket" game at Maryland. That's now just routine for Lou. She is one tough player.
Concur @MilfordHusky. She will be good to go. No doom and gloom.... enjoy the ride all.

Reaction Score
The problem with not playing her is she will not be in game shape. She needs to play as much as she can because the longer she sit out the harder it is to get the stamina back. Heard Geno say the injury would not get worse if she plays and I do not believe he would risk her health even if it meant loss of a game. I say let her play as long as she is productive and not hurting.
Good reply. No right/wrong answer, but one of the risks of coming back from an injury is hurting another muscle group due to inactivity. Would suggest if as Geno says there is no risk of making the back worse, the primary focus should be on getting Lou back to game shape.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
To be fair I don't think Lou has to be 100% against Towson to help both the team and her get back into game shape. However, each game after, 100%, or close to it will be needed.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
just quoting this guy who said that very thing about all athletes to my daughter recently......if you disagree give him a call

James J. Kinderknecht, MD - Primary Care Sports Medicine | HSS
IF, I gave him a call it would be more on the order of be careful what you say to people. There on some out there that will take anything you say and misapply it where it doesn't belong.

On the other hand, I've known doctors who didn't have clue either.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
To be fair I don't think Lou has to be 100% against Towson to help both the team and her get back into game shape. However, each game after, 100%, or close to it will be needed.
FYI, Arica Carter is sitting out the Louisville first round game against Robert Morris. She also sat out the ACC championship game against ND. She a big difference maker for Louisville who can make shot especially if Durr is struggling.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou is the Kevin Love of women’s basketball. She’s an all star but frequently injured at the worst times.

Reaction Score
No need to play her if she's not 100%. Give Liv and Mikayla even more time to acclimate with the starters. Bring her back when she's completely healed. We shouldn't need her the first weekend.

Of course the coaches and trainers know best, but UCONN fans in general are worry warts so...

You'll recall that when Lou got her one NC ring, she was sitting on the bench unable to play. I don't think she wants to miss a single moment of this tournament. If she can participate, she will. It's too difficult to imagine that she'd be foreclosed the opportunity to shine in a play-off again. Really, too sad.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
"she has only so many minutes in that back "

The rest of us haven't heard any time limits on her back.
Thank you very much. I just cannot deal with that guy! Better for me to withdraw from the field! :confused:

Reaction Score
IF, I gave him a call it would be more on the order of be careful what you say to people. There on some out there that will take anything you say and misapply it where it doesn't belong.

On the other hand, I've known doctors who didn't have clue either.

oh I see.................... so you're the medical expert now..................a predictable answer after being confronted with the inconvenient truth.........

Reaction Score
FYI, Arica Carter is sitting out the Louisville first round game against Robert Morris. She also sat out the ACC championship game against ND. She a big difference maker for Louisville who can make shot especially if Durr is struggling.

what a novel idea.......................:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Thank you very much. I just cannot deal with that guy! Better for me to withdraw from the field! :confused:

you know where the ignore button is.................feel free to use it.............

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
you know where the ignore button is.......feel free to use it...
Better to practice patience and discretion than ignore. I never ignore anything. What one does not know can indeed hurt them.

Reaction Score
Better to practice patience and discretion than ignore. I never ignore anything. What one does not know can indeed hurt them.

.................. just don't want you to get overly exasperated with these important discussions

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
FYI, Arica Carter is sitting out the Louisville first round game against Robert Morris. She also sat out the ACC championship game against ND. She is a big difference maker for Louisville who can make shot especially if Durr is struggling.

what a novel idea........:rolleyes:
Yea..... for Louisville. Head bang Not sure that's a program UCONN would want to emulate. That was kinda my point. Thanks for amplifying.

Reaction Score
Yea..... for Louisville. Head bang Not sure that's a program UCONN would want to emulate. That was kinda my point. Thanks for amplifying.

What kind of injury did she have and was she given a clean bill of health? Do you think it's fair to compare and criticize Louisville when you don't know her condition or compare two different players who may have different injuries? BTW, how did Louisville make out in that game with out her today? Perhaps a couple extra days of rest will be the difference between her playing and not playing in the rest of the season...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom