Lou Still Has A Back Issue | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lou Still Has A Back Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou played most of last season on 2 torn tendons in her ankle and was 2nd in the AP POY voting. She has up to 6 collegiate games left. Think she's going to show up? I was at the "barf bucket" game at Maryland. That's now just routine for Lou. She is one tough player.

Reaction Score
Does the player have any say so at all? She says she is ready, she is cleared by the medical staff, it is her senior year, she wants to play . There is nothing to indicate that playing in the first game will be detrimental to her. Not playing makes it harder for her to get back in the groove. If I were her , I would be so glad I played for Geno ,and not for you. Is there some information that you possess that allows you to claim she has only so many minutes in her back? Back sprains are all unique, and must run quite a gamut from mild to severe. I have not heard anyone say that her sprain is such that it is time limited. :confused:

Why the anger? Am I not allowed to have an opinion all of a sudden? I was just quoting one of my kid's orthopedists at the Hospital for Special Surgery after he saw her for the third time in six months with back spasms.................if the medical staff can guaranty that she'll have no further issues in the next five games that would be fine but I doubt they would give that kind of assurance ................Personally I'll take a slightly rusty KLS over a bench ridden KLS any day of the week...........

Reaction Score
Good luck with that.....

as far as I know the coach still has the final say when it comes to who plays and who doesn't......................are you concerned that UConn needs her to beat Towson State tomorrow?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'd keep her on the bench for this game unless absolutely necessary......she has only so many minutes in that back and I'd be pretty ticked off if she reinjured it against a weak first round opponent...

She said today her back is fine, but her lungs not so much. She needs these games to get her game wind back.

Reaction Score
Lou played most of last season on 2 torn tendons in her ankle and was 2nd in the AP POY voting. She has up to 6 collegiate games left. Think she's going to show up? I was at the "barf bucket" game at Maryland. That's now just routine for Lou. She is one tough player.

depends on her condition........................she may just feel a bit limited with her flexibility but if it flares up again she'll have a difficult time standing never mind running on a basketball court.............

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
as far as I know the coach still has the final say when it comes to who plays and who doesn't.......are you concerned that UConn needs her to beat Towson State tomorrow?
It doesn’t matter what I think. Lou wants to play and Geno says she’s playing. End of story.

Reaction Score
Low Back Strain

Well from what good ol’ doctor google says, back strains resolve in either a few days or a few months depending on how severe it was. An interesting note is that light exercise is good and more helpful than bed rest for a back strain.

Regardless, I hope this is just a minor setback and she can play. Chronic back issues are no joke and affect everyday life. No need for her to go through that this early on in her life.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I hope these are good for your back, and your shooting and passing :rolleyes:
Insomnia Cookies.jpg

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Why the anger? Am I not allowed to have an opinion all of a sudden? I was just quoting one of my kid's orthopedists at the Hospital for Special Surgery after he saw her for the third time in six months with back spasms.......if the medical staff can guaranty that she'll have no further issues in the next five games that would be fine but I doubt they would give that kind of assurance ......Personally I'll take a slightly rusty KLS over a bench ridden KLS any day of the week......
I am not angry at all, just curious as to what information you had that the rest of us did not have. Because someone does not accept your opinion at face value does not mean that they are angry, or mad at you. You seem quite defensive. And no medical staff can guaranty any player will have no issues. I was curious , wondering how you seemed to know something that none of us knew. But, as you so readily confessed, it is merely your opinion, based on something that happened to someone other than Katie Lou. And I doubt that the special surgery orthopedist that you are "quoting" has divulged information on Katie Lou to you. So I hope Geno and Katie Lou decide what to do and that all is good. Go Huskies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I hope these are good for your back, and your shooting and passing :rolleyes: View attachment 41197
God, I love Insomnia Cookies.

And when you have cookies and ice cream delivered, the cookies are warm and the ice cream is still frozen...

It’s magical.
Why do you guys intentionally try to provoke @triaddukefan? Keep it up, 'cause when he gets word you guys are toast. French toast.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Channel 3 at 11 had a video feature on today's practice. Interviewed KLS and she said her legs and back feel good but it's her LUNGS she's most concerned about (I'm paraphrasing - not exact quote). Doesn't sound like she has any apprehension about contact.

Reaction Score
No need at all to play her until the fourth game at earliest.
The problem with not playing her is she will not be in game shape. She needs to play as much as she can because the longer she sit out the harder it is to get the stamina back. Heard Geno say the injury would not get worse if she plays and I do not believe he would risk her health even if it meant loss of a game. I say let her play as long as she is productive and not hurting.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hope these are good for your back, and your shooting and passing :rolleyes: View attachment 41197
God, I love Insomnia Cookies.

And when you have cookies and ice cream delivered, the cookies are warm and the ice cream is still frozen...

It’s magical.

Reason #134 why I shouldnt enter threads that don't concern me. Lucky for me.... I had 3 thick ultimate chocolate chunk cookies, a jar of nutella, a vanilla frosty from Wendy's, and a microwave. :p

Reaction Score
Crossing my fingers that Katie's back spasms have gone and from my own experience I think that's correct.

Look for UCONN/Katie to be OK in this game

Reaction Score
I am not angry at all, just curious as to what information you had that the rest of us did not have. Because someone does not accept your opinion at face value does not mean that they are angry, or mad at you. You seem quite defensive. And no medical staff can guaranty any player will have no issues. I was curious , wondering how you seemed to know something that none of us knew. But, as you so readily confessed, it is merely your opinion, based on something that happened to someone other than Katie Lou. And I doubt that the special surgery orthopedist that you are "quoting" has divulged information on Katie Lou to you. So I hope Geno and Katie Lou decide what to do and that all is good. Go Huskies.

exactly where did I ever say that I had any special information about KLS? All I know is that back issues are really difficult to deal with and that I hoped KLS would be held out for a more meaningful game..................

Reaction Score
My prediction based upon nothing but casual observation: KLS will start and play. But she will play more like her freshman year - floating out to the corner for threes rather than using the interior game she developed so well this year. I also expect that she will be instructed not to try to draw charges. I also look for her to sit in the second half, likely with a heating pad to keep those muscles loose.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My prediction based upon nothing but casual observation: KLS will start and play. But she will play more like her freshman year - floating out to the corner for threes rather than using the interior game she developed so well this year. I also expect that she will be instructed not to try to draw charges. I also look for her to sit in the second half, likely with a heating pad to keep those muscles loose.
Once the game starts, it’s difficult, if not impossible, to play a game different than the one you’ve played all season. At this point in her career, I don’t think Lou knows how to play the game other than all out, all the time.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
exactly where did I ever say that I had any special information about KLS? All I know is that back issues are really difficult to deal with and that I hoped KLS would be held out for a more meaningful game...
"she has only so many minutes in that back "

The rest of us haven't heard any time limits on her back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom