Lou, Pheesa, Crystal on Wooden List (merged threads) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lou, Pheesa, Crystal on Wooden List (merged threads)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Wooden Award has been presented to women since 2003-04.

While there has never been a year where at least 1 player (generally more) from UConn didn't make the Pre Season list there have been 2 years were none made the Mid Season list.

In 2006-07 (Charde Houston made Pre-Season list)
In 2004-05 (Ann Strother and Barbara Turner made Pre Season list)
The Dark Years. Most UCONN fans have put them out of their minds.

Reaction Score
No one likely. If I had to pick one sleeper, it would be Bridget Carleton. If Iowa State can continue to impress in Big 12 play and climb the rankings, she'll start to get some buzz. Averaging 20 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 4.5 apg. She does it all for them.

But still, it'll be awfully hard for an "outsider" to beat out 6 of those players. Right now I'd say Gustafson, Ionescu and Ogunbowale are virtual locks. Gotta think two of Collier, Lou, Brown, Durr, Smith and McCowan will likely be in as well.
I would think since Lou was on the past two that will carry weight. As long as her shooting percentages increase a little bit (which is her pattern over the years) I do not see how she does not make it with doubling her rebounding rate, better defense and leadership of the team.

Reaction Score
Should be an interesting battle for the 5-person AA team. I don't watch nearly as much as some of the experts on this board, so anyone else in the running outside of these 11?
  • Kalani Brown, Baylor (Sr)
  • Kaila Charles, Maryland (Jr)
  • Napheesa Collier, UConn (Sr)
  • Asia Durr, Louisville (Sr)
  • Megan Gustafson, Iowa (Sr)
  • Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon (Jr)
  • Teaira McCowan, Mississippi State (Sr)
  • Arike Ogunbowale, Notre Dame (Sr)
  • Katie Lou Samuelson, UConn (Sr)
  • Jessica Shepard, Notre Dame (Sr)
  • Alanna Smith, Stanford (Sr)
My top five, no particular order, is
Kalani Brown
Asia Durr
Teaira McCowan
Katie Lou Samuelson
Napheesa Collier

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Y'all don't know how to take a compliment.
Ha well, I am nerdily fastidious about spelling and language, but I don't want to claim the credit for ESPN's work.

Reaction Score
My top five, no particular order, is
Kalani Brown
Asia Durr
Teaira McCowan
Katie Lou Samuelson
Napheesa Collier
If You go off of play. I’d choose Arike instead of Asia but just slightly. I could see why someone would choose Asia tho. Just Arike averages about a point more per game, averages more in rebounds and assists. But Arike has like one more turnover per game. Arike has a better FG%. Asia has the better FT%, and Asia has a slight edge in 3 PT %, and a better 2 pt %.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
If You go off of play. I’d choose Arike instead of Asia but just slightly. I could see why someone would choose Asia tho. Just Arike averages about a point more per game, averages more in rebounds and assists. But Arike has like one more turnover per game. Arike has a better FG%. Asia has the better FT%, and Asia has a slight edge in 3 PT %, and a better 2 pt %.
I would guess Arike would lose votes for dirty play

Reaction Score
I would guess Arike would lose votes for dirty play
Could be that’s why I said if You just go off play. That’s one of the reasons why I said I could get why people would go with Durr. The way they play especially offensively they have a lot of similarities

Reaction Score
I know that many of you who live in the eastern US don't get to see many PAC-12 games. Probably the same for the voters for this award. Alana Smith is still my favorite for this award, and Destiny Slocum is finding her groove within OSU's system, and turning a lot of heads out west. Does anyone know the date of the final voting?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom