Lou’s injury | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lou’s injury

Reaction Score
So when will we know if she gets on the plane or not?

Reaction Score
[Q
Since they fly charter, she might get to travel with the team as an inspirational leader as long as whatever therapies they are using are portable. I would be very surprised to see her play Monday.[/QUOTE]

OLD ALUM: Like the idea of the inspirational presence. but the way teams are focused on beating up on Katie Lou, they'll probably be waiting for her as she comes off the plane. Wish I was MOSTLY joking instead of just partly .

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The girl from Huntington Beach heard that Storrs was expecting 8-12 inches of snow.;)

Seriously, if there was no chance of her playing, I doubt they would send her down. Anyhow, good news one way or the other.

She came out a little late for the second half but then proceeded to drain shot after shot in warmups. Yay! But, she was obviously in discomfort running the court and trying to defend, looked like she was going 60-70%. Her comments after the game were somewhat reassuring. So, whether she plays tomorrow or not, I think we dodged a bullet. Unfortunately, a lot of teams have not.

Now take Kobe`s advice and stop diving for loose balls!

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’ve had a couple hundred back spasms in my life, including knee buckling ones, when I couldn’t even walk. Worse case, I was back to normal in 3 days, and even at my youthful best, I was never as well conditioned as Lou. I fully expect Lou to be back in the lineup at USF on Monday.

Judging from her body language during her post game interview with Justine, she did not appear to be in distress. I’m with you OD, I think she’ll answer the bell tomorrow night. It will hinge on her ability to endure a plane ride down to south Florida. Her desire to play and be out there with her teammates, coupled with the advancement of modern medicine may be enough to trump the odds of not playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The back story on the back. It wasn't up to what Lou wanted:

"We'll see how she responds to it tomorrow," Auriemma said. "If she's good to go and can sit on the plane for a couple of hours, then she'll come. And if they tell me she can't, then she won't. So we'll know tomorrow."

UConn's Katie Lou Samuelson talks about injury that forced her from Saturday's game

"They" thought she was good to go. She'll be evaluated in Florida just as she was today before they got on the plane.

Reaction Score
The back story on the back. It wasn't up to what Lou wanted:

"We'll see how she responds to it tomorrow," Auriemma said. "If she's good to go and can sit on the plane for a couple of hours, then she'll come. And if they tell me she can't, then she won't. So we'll know tomorrow."

UConn's Katie Lou Samuelson talks about injury that forced her from Saturday's game

"They" thought she was good to go. She'll be evaluated in Florida just as she was today before they got on the plane.[/QU
Not much in the article. Too bad they start off with a "glaring error"... stating that the injury occurred in the 2nd half...rather than the 2nd quarter. :rolleyes:

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
1551648561401.png

Back spasm therapy in Florida.

Reaction Score
The very worst thing about my back spasms is you never know when they are coming and you just do not know what to do when they occur. I have been able to walk them out and I have been restricted to bed rest. Sounds to me like Lou was able to walk it out!

Reaction Score
Guilty as charged. I throw myself on the mercy of the court (boneyard). After reading this comment, I reflected back over the past few years to other poster’s responses to players injury. One must understand that all Boneyarders have a medical degree from the University of Hard Knocks, just like we are all experienced basketball referees that can recognize a bad call or no call when we see one.

I’d call it human nature, without any malicious intent. Just folks wanting to share their experience with fellow fans, in some cases hoping to allay one’s fears. It would not surprise me to learn that some BY’ers have taken up permanent residence at a Holiday Inn. So there. ;)

SCOOP: VERY well said. And, from this corner, also right on target.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Guilty as charged. I throw myself on the mercy of the court (boneyard). After reading this comment, I reflected back over the past few years to other poster’s responses to players injury. One must understand that all Boneyarders have a medical degree from the University of Hard Knocks, just like we are all experienced basketball referees that can recognize a bad call or no call when we see one.

I’d call it human nature, without any malicious intent. Just folks wanting to share their experience with fellow fans, in some cases hoping to allay one’s fears. It would not surprise me to learn that some BY’ers have taken up permanent residence at a Holiday Inn. So there. ;)
We're doooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!

Reaction Score
With the AD $41mm in the red they have decided to forego having physicians associated with the athletic department. As a result coaches like Geno must now visit webmd and read the boneyard to determine what actions to take concerning injuries. From my reading of the boneyard it would appear that Geno took Lou to Florida against boneyard advice. Fortunately he did sign the release form absolving the boneyard of any and all responsibilty.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I believe she is making the trip. Whether she plays, and how much is another story.

I would think the odds of her playing are way better than 50-50. With a back issue, they shouldn't put her on a plane for three hours without a good reason, and "so that she can sit on the bench" isn't a great reason as far as I'm concerned.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The very worst thing about my back spasms is you never know when they are coming and you just do not know what to do when they occur. I have been able to walk them out and I have been restricted to bed rest. Sounds to me like Lou was able to walk it out!

Naugh. Vitamin B -12 shot.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ah the beauty of being spied on 24/7 thanks to Goggle. Guess what ad just popped up at the bottom of my page:

1551665916747.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I expected Lou to make the flight as long as the doc allowed it. She's tough. I wouldn't be surprised to see her play some.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom