Lost a true Husky fan | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Lost a true Husky fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Today was a great day for us to get a much needed win but in the meantime we lost a huge fan.

My mom passed today at 91 beautiful years of age, sitting next to her besides her family was her UConn Jonathan pillow dog, her UConn blanket was on her for the season and she went peacefully to visit dad. She will be missed but I assure you if there's any chance she can help, she will because she hadn't missed a mens or women's game for the last 25 years at least if only to the last few months.

I share this with the BY because I need to with my cyber friends - it helps, can't sleep yet but will get back there.:(
Best wishes to your family at this time of grief. BY family is always here for you.

Reaction Score
Today was a great day for us to get a much needed win but in the meantime we lost a huge fan.

My mom passed today at 91 beautiful years of age, sitting next to her besides her family was her UConn Jonathan pillow dog, her UConn blanket was on her for the season and she went peacefully to visit dad. She will be missed but I assure you if there's any chance she can help, she will because she hadn't missed a mens or women's game for the last 25 years at least if only to the last few months.

I share this with the BY because I need to with my cyber friends - it helps, can't sleep yet but will get back there.:(

My condolences Mau. It is hard to lose a loved one that has been a part of your life for so long. I lost my mom and dad in 2012 and it was rough, but I lost my wife in 2009 and that was really tough. Best to you in the grieving process.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score

Very sorry for your loss

Reaction Score

I'm just seeing this now, Mau. I'm so sorry for your loss. As you know, my dad passed away this past July at the age of 93, so I know how this feels. So true, that we lost a great Husky fan and who I'm sure was a great mom as well.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear of your loss. Hopefully the games will be a source to always remember good times with her.

Reaction Score
When I have a chance everyone will get a "Like" because it's amazing what this little cyber place can do for you - THANKS so much everyone seriously. Had "that day" yesterday where we tightened all the plans, the Obit and this and that (never had to before) and came back to read this outpouring for a person you hardly know. It's incredible the family we've become just because we share one love, UConn basketball. I slept good last night thanks to things like this - beautiful stuff.:D

Got a few very nice "Inbox" thoughts as well as a real nice phone call - so unexpected yet I guess it's not, that's why I shared with 'my other family" right? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom