Losing Club's Message Boards... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Losing Club's Message Boards...

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This is why I think the Johnnies will be better sooner rather than later. Pitino is a good coach and this is the last round up. No reason to leave anything in the bag. There is much parity in the middle of the conference. The opportunity to emerge from that pack is waiting for someone. Rick is as good a bet as any of them.
He is a HOF coach. Hyper competitive. Having a NYC team and MSG. I don't think it will take him long. He is one of the few coaches I really don't like to see on the other sideline. I hate to say it but having a good team at St John's in NYC is good for the league. Even if it has to be Slick Rick. He always brings a rock fight.

Reaction Score
My view was from upper level, but I bet if you take out the student section, band then it may be close to 40% UConn in lowers. The turnout was impressive considering 200s was 80+% UConn
We were in 119, and were outnumbered by Johnnies for sure, but we let them hear thru the 2nd half. Husky fans got loud.

Reaction Score
If Hurley wins another title this year we’re gonna have to give him a blank check

Reaction Score
UConn is a better program than either of them, only place he would possibly leave for is the NBA but it would have to be the right job at the right time.
I was going to say, I'm way more afraid of some crappy nba team, if the Pistons come calling, for example.
If Hurley wins another title this year we’re gonna have to give him a blank check
Even if he "just" wins the conference and makes the elite 8 that's likely the case. Would be shocked if a basement nba team hasn't come calling yet or at least by June this year. Will pop retire soon? Eeep
for the right amount of money DH would definitely walk away. He's freaking human.
He said it was very hard for him to leave RI for Uconn (even with the pay bump). I believe him, the guy has conviction. I don't think he runs 100 percent on money. Still worried what happens if the nba calls, he's said he wants a chance. Maybe he'd go to the Pistons or spurs when pop retires and give Luke the keys to the program. Who knows.

I honestly think Hurley or Calhoun just have a personality more suitable for college ball than the nba, more so Calhoun.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah but not to joint the NEW Big East. $30 million is still more than $5.5 million. Be serious. If they leave it will be to join the B10 or SEC. It is possible the ACC will blow up, but more likely a New ACC will emerge. If so, I hope we will be part of it.
My point is that a new ACC will be deluded of the best teams. Why would you think that if the ACC blows up, teams would get $30M at the NEW ACC?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom