Losing Club's Message Boards... | The Boneyard

Losing Club's Message Boards...

Reaction Score
I love going on the losing club's message boards and read how bad their team sucks and perhaps an occasional post abut why UConn is number 1.

This week, fans are trashing Pitino because nothing ever changes year to year with the Johnnies. Always on the bubble hoping to get in.

Reaction Score
I love going on the losing club's message boards and read how bad their team sucks and perhaps an occasional post abut why UConn is number 1.

This week, fans are trashing Pitino because nothing ever changes year to year with the Johnnies. Always on the bubble hoping to get in.

Are they forgetting how bad they have been? Pitino had them like 30 on Kenpom recently

Reaction Score
They should be thanking Pitino every day for bringing Jenkins with him and going crazy in the portal. 1 of their 9 best players was on the team last year. No coach in the world is going to overcome that much turnover and make a team a legit contender, it’s just not feasible.

Reaction Score
They should be thanking Pitino every day for bringing Jenkins with him and going crazy in the portal. 1 of their 9 best players was on the team last year. No coach in the world is going to overcome that much turnover and make a team a legit contender, it’s just not feasible.

True, but he did appear to run some talented guys out of town--namely AJ Storr.

Reaction Score
True, but he did appear to run some talented guys out of town--namely AJ Storr.
According to rumbleinthegarden.com, which is St. John's SB Nation site, one of the posters stated Pitino wanted to keep Posh and AJ Storr. Storr is from Rockford, Illinois so he is closer to home.

Reaction Score
I was surprised at the amount of Johnny fans it seemed like were there on TV. I have said forever that building should be a recruiting diamond. Maybe Slick Rick is the guy to take advantage of it.

Reaction Score
According to rumbleinthegarden.com, which is St. John's SB Nation site, one of the posters stated Pitino wanted to keep Posh and AJ Storr. Storr is from Rockford, Illinois so he is closer to home.

David Jones is averaging 22 a game and on the mid season Wooden list. Lotta talent that left.

Reaction Score
I was surprised at the amount of Johnny fans it seemed like were there on TV. I have said forever that building should be a recruiting diamond. Maybe Slick Rick is the guy to take advantage of it.
Isn’t it their home game?

Reaction Score
I can’t blame them for feeling this way.

St John’s is better, but still a fringe tourney team with an expensive OLD coach, the latter people seem to forget.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
It's deceptive. The Johnie fans were sitting close to the court. UConn fans absolutely owned the 200s. So the noise from SjU fans may have sounded loud due to proximity.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score

They want to skip the Cyrulik part and jump straight to the Big Jake, Okafor, Thabeet part, immediately, right now.

Reaction Score
It's deceptive. The Johnie fans were sitting close to the court. UConn fans absolutely owned the 200s. So the noise from SjU fans may have sounded loud due to proximity.
TV clearly made it look like there was a pretty equal turnout.

Reaction Score

St. John’s should be patient, I think they’ll be singing a different tune in four years if Pitino sticks around and they don’t hammered with infractions.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is also a patchwork team in Pitino's first year.
Filled with graduating seniors, so it'll be a "patchwork team" in Pitino's second year as well.

CL82

Reaction Score
Announcers said it was a 60/40 split in favor of St. John's.

CL82

Reaction Score
Got to give him credit for the huddle speech about not giving Cam space to shoot. Got to take away credit that they couldn’t execute it.
The dude can definitely coach, there's no doubt about it. For what it's worth, I love the in the huddle segments. Listening to danny say that they're finally starting to rebound and the whole game can turn on it it's just great stuff.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
My prediction is they're dancing

They don't have to play us again

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I was going to ask about this. From watching the game on TV and the "noise" for each team, it did indeed sound like the stadium was about 60% SJU fans. Apparently the opposite was true, but our fans were further away? Anyway thanks for clarifying...

Reaction Score
St. John’s should be patient, I think they’ll be singing a different tune in four years if Pitino sticks around and they don’t hammered with infractions.
There are only 5 coaches over age 70 out of 380 D1 programs. At his age, "sticking around" has bigger meaning than basketball coaching. I personally wouldn't want a 71 year-old coming in to lead a rebuild of my team, I don't care who it is. Pitino is the Aaron Rodgers of college basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom