Losing Club's Message Boards... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Losing Club's Message Boards...

Reaction Score
Duke is the one that's a little more frightening because of his connection with K and his brother's time there.

Kentucky and Duke are both more historic programs and are exceptional places. The thing is I have a hard time thinking the New Jersey in Hurley has him go to Lexington. Duke and the state of New Jersey, though? More likely. We'll see, though. He might not bite, and there might be other targets.
And again, how much better a job really is Duke/UK at this point? It’s not like we are Cincinnati and DH has taken us to a few elite eights and a final four; and Duke or UK would get his coaching profile over a hump. He has a championship, he’s a god here in the NE (where he’s from) now, he’ll be paid plenty well enough, we have the pedigree, he can and will keep it rolling on recruiting and the portal… what is the actual appeal of a Duke or UK at this point over what he’s built at UConn? I mean we will see in 5 years after everyone on this team (and we’ll see about his staff) is gone; but for now, I can’t see him leaving.

Reaction Score
UConn is a better program than either of them, only place he would possibly leave for is the NBA but it would have to be the right job at the right time.
We'll see. I do think we are aided by the decline of the ACC as a basketball program—a decline further exacerbated by Stanford, Cal, and SMU.

Reaction Score
At some point you have to ask whether more money is your live’s satisfaction or building an enduring legacy like a JC. The later are great men, and the former rich but forgettable like most rich.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
for the right amount of money DH would definitely walk away. He's freaking human.

Reaction Score
Can we make the money essentially the same?

If they offer $10 mil a year (Cal is set to make $9 mil starting in the next year or two), can we really get it there? In a world where we also need NIL money?

Our revenue from what I can tell is around $59 mil and theirs is around $159 mil.

if we need our donors for NIL, can we really double our coaches salary? What if they offer $12 million?
Yeah but MSG

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Care to expand on that
I was at the Biltmore Estate shortly after the championship wearing UConn 2023 championship sweatshirts eating ice cream

Near us were two couples in their late seventies early eighties who were extremely vocal with their disgust of the squid and his touting of his ability to get players into the NBA. If I was wearing a cap I’d tip it to the two women. I swear if Calipari was standing near either one of them they would have hauled off and decked him at that moment they were seething with such passion.

Ice cream never tasted better.

Reaction Score
I was at the Biltmore Estate shortly after the championship wearing UConn 2023 championship sweatshirts eating ice cream

Near us were two couples in their late seventies early eighties who were extremely vocal with their disgust of the squid and his touting of his ability to get players into the NBA. If I was wearing a cap I’d tip it to the two women. I swear if Calipari was standing near either one of them they would have hauled off and decked him at that moment they were seething with such passion.

Ice cream never tasted better.
You hit on a problem with Cal. He has forgotten that his job is to win basketball games. Getting guys into the NBA is a side benefit. He thinks it is his top priority. I think actually K started thinking that way in his last few years too.

Reaction Score
I went there and made a couple of harmless and positive posts. I said they might be dancing this year and Rick will turn them around. They were also talking about Spencer, and I simply pointed out that we might not of had Spencer if Rick didn't tale Alleyne. And I thanked Rick for that :)

I've been banned, the reason, "being a UConn fan"

Geez, and I thought they were a reasoned board before that
Your complements to them were like complementing a guy by saying,"Man, your wife is great in bed!"

Reaction Score
Did DH ever mention Pitino by name during the postgame presser? Seemed like he kept referring to him as "the coach, their coach", etc.

I like last when DH kept calling him the Boogeyman when referring to his perceived mystique.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Your complements to them were like complementing a guy by saying,"Man, your wife is great in bed!"

Well, not exactly. Are you saying that from my perspective, when I was being truthful, or their perspective?

I didn't insult them, I didn't troll, life's too short. I just like talking NCAAB

Reaction Score
Well, not exactly. Are you saying that from my perspective, when I was being truthful, or their perspective?

I didn't insult them, I didn't troll, life's too short. I just like talking NCAAB
I read the posts and it was not you. It was they knew you were a UCONN fan and were not in the mood to talk to one of us.

Reaction Score
Duke is the one that's a little more frightening because of his connection with K and his brother's time there.

Kentucky and Duke are both more historic programs and are exceptional places. The thing is I have a hard time thinking the New Jersey in Hurley has him go to Lexington. Duke and the state of New Jersey, though? More likely. We'll see, though. He might not bite, and there might be other targets.
Why wouldn’t they just get Bobby? Yeah, I think Danny is a better builder, but they really don’t build there.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn’t they just get Bobby? Yeah, I think Danny is a better builder, but they really don’t build there.
Because Danny is a way better coach than Bobby. It's not going to happen though so no need thinking about it.

Reaction Score
I love going on the losing club's message boards and read how bad their team sucks and perhaps an occasional post abut why UConn is number 1.

This week, fans are trashing Pitino because nothing ever changes year to year with the Johnnies. Always on the bubble hoping to get in.
Theyre insane. Pitino has made the program relevant for the first time in 25 years. In another 5 it could be Pitino riding off into the sunset after a national title. I look forward to St. Johns vs Uconn, Pitino vs Hurley top 10 match ups over the next 5 years. A strong St.Johns is absolutely awesome for the big east and could become an insane rivalry with Uconn that generates big bucks and big recruiting for both schools that could trickle down through the conference.

Reaction Score
Because Danny is a way better coach than Bobby. It's not going to happen though so no need thinking about it.
Id be very, very, very surprised if dook poached DH from Uconn. Anything is possible but i have a hard time seeing it. Hes a northeast guy.

Reaction Score
Id be very, very, very surprised if dook poached DH from Uconn. Anything is possible but i have a hard time seeing it. Hes a northeast guy.
Duke fans do see a lot in DH, and the fact that Hurley has a duke connection has lessened the gutteral hate that existed under calhoun. They wanted Brad stevens, and would totally take hurley, and I know for darn sure they'd prefer where uconn is right now to where duke is (to the degree that there are some who wish duke would give up on big time football and join the BE for basketball....oh how the tables have turned)

There isn't as much vitriol for scheyer as there is here, of course, but there is some disappointment how he appears nonchalant all the time, and then after the UNC loss was complaining that the team wasn't fired up. It starts at the top. Scheyer no doubt has a good basketball mind (heck, one of the reasons they won in 2010 was his calm and collected court-generalling), but man....dude needs to learn how to light a fire....night and day how he and DH are in huddles. JS a bit in over his head right now, IMO.

Duke also has some issues with incoming transfers ATM....more difficult to get transfers through admissions than incoming frosh.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
We'll see. I do think we are aided by the decline of the ACC as a basketball program—a decline further exacerbated by Stanford, Cal, and SMU.
And the fact that North Carolina, Duke and others want to leave the ACC.

Reaction Score
both Duke and Kentucky will come a-knocking when it is time.
Boy, I’ll tell you all if we ever lose Danny I’m not sure I can take it. It was soul crushing to lose the Whalers, then being played by Kraft. No wonder we still have the little engine that could mentality despite our basketball program prowess.

Reaction Score
And the fact that North Carolina, Duke and others want to leave the ACC.
Yeah but not to joint the NEW Big East. $30 million is still more than $5.5 million. Be serious. If they leave it will be to join the B10 or SEC. It is possible the ACC will blow up, but more likely a New ACC will emerge. If so, I hope we will be part of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom