Looks like McCallie is staying... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Looks like McCallie is staying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I disagree about the $2M price tag issue. IF it's a won-lost issue, then, yes, it may be a matter of finances. But IF it's a question of how players are treated, then $2M is an extremely cheap way for a school to avoid a potentially terrible outcome. Don't think of it as how much a school values WCBB; think of it as how an extremely high profile school values avoiding ANY potential crisis resulting in physical or mental danger. Duke has had its run-ins with disastrously bad publicity, and would glady spend $2M to avoid something similar. $2M is a rounding error on Duke's annual budget, and I suspect it pays out that sort of money pretty casually to make other problems disappear, let alone to prevent them in the first place.

It's fun to slam other schools or unpopular (to us) ADs and HCs, but sometimes other people actually have information that we Boneyarders don't have and sometimes they actually process that information effectively. :)

All of what you say is true. So far, no players or assistants have come forward to respond to any complaints of mistreatment or those that have (none to my knowledge) didn't have damning allegations. Without that exactly what does the AD have to hang her out to dry?? We are finding that many are leaving many College teams for "abuse", it appears to be a current trend--leaving not abuse!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Here's an rough analogy to illustrate how most Duke WCBB fans (or at least me) felt Sunday Night.

Lets say the only food in your refrigerator is broccoli, chicken livers, collard greens, orange jello and tomato juice.. All things you find rather unpalatable. For the last several weeks you have read the messageboards and internet pundits.... most have been saying be patient.... and soon enough your refrigerator will be cleaned out.. and replaced with fried chicken, cheesecake, pizza, bbq ribs and Cheerwine..... and your like.... oh cool :D.. lets keep hope alive. An then, when that fateful moment arrives... you walk in the kitchen and open up the refrigerator and

disappointed.gif

Same ol chicken livers, collard greens, broccoli, orange jello, and tomato juice. :( Thats how I felt Sunday night. :oops:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Same ol chicken livers, collard greens, broccoli, orange jello, and tomato juice

A little wine, some garlic and a dash of bitters and you've got something going there, as long as "ol" doesn't mean high. Truly I feel your pain. We need her gone "for the good of the game."

Reaction Score
Are you sure - always felt that was a financially arranged resignation.

It is true. Gail voluntarily resigned and left the money behind. Even though things did not work out at Texas, she is still liked and respected by many here in Austin.

Reaction Score
A little wine, some garlic and a dash of bitters and you've got something going there, as long as "ol" doesn't mean high. Truly I feel your pain. We need her gone "for the good of the game."
Wouldn't mind seeing her land on the Rocky Top in a couple of years - there may be a vacancy. As they say, "timing is everything"!:cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind seeing her land on the Rocky Top in a couple of years - there may be a vacancy. As they say, "timing is everything"!:cool:

Now that is a "Remember the Alamo" type post.

Reaction Score
how many years before they decide not to renew her contract ?
With a little advance notice we could start a go fund me page! ;):D
:cool: Agree....

Reaction Score
Hope she does well. Pretty good record coaching Duke 241 - 54. She certainly has the ability to right the ship.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It is true. Gail voluntarily resigned and left the money behind. Even though things did not work out at Texas, she is still liked and respected by many here in Austin.

If she was going to get fired anyway, wouldn't this make her one of the dumbest college coaches in history? Who walks away from 2 mil when you don't have to lift a finger to get it?

Reaction Score
If she was going to get fired anyway, wouldn't this make her one of the dumbest college coaches in history? Who walks away from 2 mil when you don't have to lift a finger to get it?

Well, she would have had to "lift a finger", probably a couple fingers, to get it. She would have had to coach the last two years of her contract....And she wasn't about to get fired...

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
All of what you say is true. So far, no players or assistants have come forward to respond to any complaints of mistreatment or those that have (none to my knowledge) didn't have damning allegations. Without that exactly what does the AD have to hang her out to dry?? We are finding that many are leaving many College teams for "abuse", it appears to be a current trend--leaving not abuse!

The AD should contact MoFANclub a moderator at the Devils Den She claims knowledge of a lot of over the top stuff by coach P.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Well, she would have had to "lift a finger", probably a couple fingers, to get it. She would have had to coach the last two years of her contract....And she wasn't about to get fired...

In discussing my opinions of McCallie's Xs and Os, offensive and defensive schemes, record against quality opponents, and her communication and relationship with players, I *definitely* "lifted a finger" when mentioning her name...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
In discussing my opinions of McCallie's Xs and Os, offensive and defensive schemes, record against quality opponents, and her communication and relationship with players, I *definitely* "lifted a finger" when mentioning her name...
Something like this? (caution: unedited version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom