Looks like Josh Carlton will be odd man out | The Boneyard

Looks like Josh Carlton will be odd man out

Reaction Score
Looks like it. I won’t count him out though. He was a monster sophomore year and could be useful against teams like Providence. I hope he keeps working hard and gets meaningful minutes. Whaley was glued to the bench last year and turned out fine

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
maybe not a hot take at all. sanogo looks like a beast, and has much better touch. our bigs looked pretty damn good.

Reaction Score
Especially when Akok comes back too. It's sad in a way, Josh has done everything he's been asked to do, the talent on the team has just passed him by. It's a shame he couldn't have transferred with a guarantee to play (hindsight with the waivers the NCAA handed out this offseason).

Reaction Score
I think there will be a moment or two where he is needed, but it is clear that the talent caught up. We’re obviously not as good as Rash Jones’s senior team, but he had a similar trajectory. Just too much talent now.

Reaction Score
Too early hot take ?
Maybe but its hard to disagree. Me personally am very disappointed in him. I thought he would really assert himself as one of our solid pieces even if its coming off the bench. Sanogo looked fantastic tonight and showed a lot more talent than was said. He may not be the most athletic guy in the world but he doesnt lack athleticism. Hes just a throwback prototypical big. I couldnt help but think of Charles Oakley watching him play.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Whaley and Sanogo clearly ahead of him. Once Akok comes back, I can't see him getting many minutes outside of garbage time and senior night.

He's a great kid, but the talent on this team has passed him by... Rightfully so.

Reaction Score
Carlton can still contribute even if he doesn't get any minutes. Believe it or not its the case with some players some seniors just dont get playing time in a lot of programs. I'm sure he knew this going into this year, I can respect that. Might be the 2014 Olander. Well see you never know who you will rely on in a season especially in the Big East. There will be times Sanogo plays like a freshman foul trouble god willing injuries and covid.

Reaction Score
Cant count anyone out, with COVID ongoing our depth may prove to be a huge difference when we play teams where both teams have a few players out sick. In Hurley we trust, we know top to bottom he will make sure everyone knows their role and contributes the second they are out there.

Reaction Score
Josh has "It" in stretches but can't seem to turn it on at will.

Eye test, game 1? Adama has "It" and doesn't know how turn it off.
Heck i even like what i saw out of Brown. He came in in garbage time and was fired up. Physically hes definitely got a ways to go as hes clearly still awkward and lacks serious strength but i like his enthusiasm. I think hes a year away from getting real playing time. But he showed more in 2 garbage minute than what Josh did in his time in there. Very disappointing.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If Hurley is going to play 4 guard lineups for 30+ mpg, then Carlton, Springs, and Ferguson will all be getting a lot of DNP Coach's Decisions.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Against bigger teams I wouldn't be surprised if Whaley plays some 4 man. So I think in some games Josh will see the floor a little more.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
At this point I think it's a hot take to say otherwise. Outside of Sanogo getting in foul trouble (which will happen) I don't see it

Yep. That's exactly it. Whaley starts, Sanogo is first big off the bench, Josh fills in minutes as needed based on foul trouble for either Whaley or Sanogo.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Heck i even like what i saw out of Brown. He came in in garbage time and was fired up. Physically hes definitely got a ways to go as hes clearly still awkward and lacks serious strength but i like his enthusiasm. I think hes a year away from getting real playing time. But he showed more in 2 garbage minute than what Josh did in his time in there. Very disappointing.
Or promising, depending on how you look at it.

Reaction Score
So we’ve finally recruited over a deficiency. This is good news for the team. Josh will have to work his butt off to earn time.

Reaction Score
If Hurley is going to play 4 guard lineups for 30+ mpg, then Carlton, Springs, and Ferguson will all be getting a lot of DNP Coach's Decisions.
Hurley’s headache is his team is actually loaded and figuring out who to put on the floor in what combinations could be a real challenge. The other is not losing guys on the pine who might not see many minutes. Nice problems to have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom