OT: - Longtime Jazz Coach Jerry Sloan Dies at 78 | The Boneyard

OT: Longtime Jazz Coach Jerry Sloan Dies at 78

Reaction Score
I too always respected him as a coach. I did not realize that he played for the "Original Bulls" and was known for his defensive intensity. He played with Bob Love, Norm Van Lier, Chet Walker and Nate Thurmond.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I laughed out loud when he looked at the box score after Utah got smoked by 40 and said "THAT was really the score?!"

NBA team, 2nd highest scoring in the league according to Phil Jackson, and I think they put up 54 total that night, lolol.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Lewy Body is about as bad a way to go as there is. Your mind basically turns on you and you see hallucinations, which can be quite intense and scary.

RIP Jerry Sloan.

Reaction Score
Very sad to hear this, just the other day Malone mentioned that he wasn’t doing very well, and to pray for him. His teams were always tough he won 50 plus games in the West after Malone and Stockton, and did it without any superstar players(post Stockton and Malone), no lottery picks, never left teams like other coaches have to chase rings to coach super teams and did it in a small market, was never in the limelight. He did it the old fashioned way, there has to be something said for that. RIP Jerry Sloan

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Always liked him, my dad used to tell me about how Jerry Sloan and Stormin' Norman Van Lier were one of the toughest all-time backcourts defensively. He's joining Norm on the other side.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
RIP. Scary, but I remember when he was a big college star at Evansville. Pretty much put them on the map.

Reaction Score
Lewy Body is about as bad a way to go as there is. Your mind basically turns on you and you see hallucinations, which can be quite intense and scary.

RIP Jerry Sloan.
Yes it is. My Dad died from Lewy Body 6 years ago. Terrible. Your mind and body go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom