Longtime Boneyard Poster Passed Away - Robertelamin | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Longtime Boneyard Poster Passed Away - Robertelamin

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
@Mano sorry to hear this, that's crushing. Such a young age. Remember all the good times that he made you smile, itll help.

Reaction Score
So sorry for all his friends and family. He'll be missed on the Yard for sure.

Reaction Score
I wish there was a place on the Boneyard to memorialize significant members who have passed on. Sadly, there's been far too many in the last few years. Every one is a harsh reminder of our own mortality, a call to remember what's important in life, and a reminder to appreciate this common bond we all have in UConn. We may disagree on things here, but we have a strong bond. RIP.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
@Mano, I'm very sorry to hear of your personal loss.

Warmth & good humor between you two showed up in a number of posts, and led me to be surprised when in the first days of April he and I briefly tangled in the Cesspool. I expressed being surprised by his tone, because I'd associated him with a good sense of humor (aided by a truly great name here), and @Kathy soon provided me with an early March quote from Robert that expressed anger and frustration with Baby Boomers.

I couldn't discount his perspective, even if I didn't think it applied necessarily to me. I empathized with the generational friction and offered subsequent validation that he saw with an undeniable clarity certain things that are indeed structurally troublesome, after someone else complained about something he'd said.

Long term friendships are rare and vital. A couple weeks ago I lost the guy who taught me how to drive a stick shift when I was 15.

I offer my deepest condolences, and wish you comfort and strength in the days ahead. I hope that this community is a healing source for you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boomers, if you want to know why young people hate you right now, perhaps consider that it's pretty gauche to bring up feuds and arguments with a person in a thread mourning their death. It's particularly so when you lament that they won't get to live as long as you.

@Mano I'm sorry for your loss. I always liked Robertelamin.

Reaction Score
@Mano, I'm very sorry to hear of your personal loss.

Warmth & good humor between you two showed up in a number of posts, and led me to be surprised when in the first days of April he and I briefly tangled in the Cesspool. I expressed being surprised by his tone, because I'd associated him with a good sense of humor (aided by a truly great name here), and @Kathy soon provided me with an early March quote from Robert that expressed anger and frustration with Baby Boomers.

I couldn't discount his perspective, even if I didn't think it applied necessarily to me. I empathized with the generational friction and offered subsequent validation that he saw with an undeniable clarity certain things that are indeed structurally troublesome, after someone else complained about something he'd said.

Long term friendships are rare and vital. A couple weeks ago I lost the guy who taught me how to drive a stick shift when I was 15.

I offer my deepest condolences, and wish you comfort and strength in the days ahead. I hope that this community is a healing source for you.

Bring back the dislike for tone deaf individuals like @hans that don’t know there’s a time and place for their petty nonsense.

Rest in peace, Robert. I wish I was able to interact with you more.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Surprised, shocked and very sad to hear this. We sparred many times as he liked to blame boomers for everything and wanted us out of the way. So it's a shame and a tragedy to learn he won't be around to experience old age and the opportunity to have collected many more memories and wisdom along that journey.

OK Boomer.

-Roberto from the other side probably

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Condolences to anyone on the board that knew him personally.
Odd thing about this message board... you don’t really know the other posters but you sorta DO know them.
I always smiled reading his handle thinking I wish I thought of that first.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Been offline the last few days and this is the last thing I wanted to see when I logged on just now.

RIP young man. Thoughts, love and prayers to your family and friends. You will be missed.

Keep your head up, Mano.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom