Location of the Coors Club | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Location of the Coors Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Find a suitable location for the memorial. Whatever is desirable for the family, teammates and other stakeholders. Move the memorial to the new location. Build it. Has anyone thought about raising the memorial up on a higher pedestal, so it would be above the crowd? Currently, with all of the foot traffic during the game, it can be hardly seen. Let's face it, the area already is a drinking spot/social spot for many. More people standing and hanging out behind the yellow line all around the stadium than in their seats.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Find a suitable location for the memorial. Whatever is desirable for the family, teammates and other stakeholders. Move the memorial to the new location. Build it. Has anyone thought about raising the memorial up on a higher pedestal, so it would be above the crowd? Currently, with all of the foot traffic during the game, it can be hardly seen. Let's face it, the area already is a drinking spot/social spot for many. More people standing and hanging out behind the yellow line all around the stadium then in their seats.

I’ve been going to the Rent for 4 years now.. the statue is not visible from our seats and since I don’t walk over to that area that often I never knew where it was or noticed it until the last home game last year.. it should either be raised so everyone can see it.. or better yet... moved to a visible spot for everyone to see.. expecially the TV broadcasters ..a shout out remembering Jazz before every home game would be awesome!

Reaction Score
Put it at the front of the tunnel and go ahead with the Coors Club, what is so difficult? Don't give the spiel that it needs to be accessible to fans. Most fans (anecdotally) prefer it

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

This might incentivize some, but unfortunately for tailgaters, beer out of the trunk will still be cheaper no matter how far it gets lowered...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

This might incentivize some, but unfortunately for tailgaters, beer out of the trunk will still be cheaper no matter how far it gets lowered...

That's not a bad idea - not sure if UConn has much say in concession pricing though.

Even if it was just one beer offered at a discount (Coors Light?) I think that would maybe make a difference for the young alumni crowd.

Reaction Score

Interesting concept. As somebody who struggles to get my group out of the parking lot and into the stadium before kickoff, this would definitely give me a little bit more leverage.

It could theoretically help with the security lines if you don't have 20,000 people trying to enter at 11:59.

Reaction Score
Interesting concept. As somebody who struggles to get my group out of the parking lot and into the stadium before kickoff, this would definitely give me a little bit more leverage.

It could theoretically help with the security lines if you don't have 20,000 people trying to enter at 11:59.
LOL, you said 20,000 people. LOL

Reaction Score

Insider info. Apparently, they are lowering the price for the first hour the gates are open. Announcement could come today...

Reaction Score

$5/beer is all day pricing? Holy crap!

Reaction Score
A pretty stupid statement in its own right. Yea, fine another UCONN player out of the current dumpster fire program or perhaps if the program survives who will spend 13 years as a NFL QB and then sign with ESPN as a analyst. Absolutely find someone more successful for the next statue!
Hey, I am glad for him and your family. My cousins went to Shelton HS at the same time as Dan.

I have nothing against Dan. But we need to be remembered for something better in the NFL, such as stepping out of the end zone or being part of the first winless team. I am sure Dan will be part of a UConn Hall of Fame and will probably get a statue anyway, if it is that important to you. I don't care for statues.

I could put on a display at UConn's sports museum that would impress your son and Tom Brady. No need to get so wound up.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Agreed but I find that the more I drink while tailgating, the more likely I am to swallow the higher cost of getting a beer in the stadium. If the prices are a bit lower, I'd likely be buying more in stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom