Lobster Roll in CT | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Lobster Roll in CT

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's the way they do it and DGAS, I think. I was in CA for work years ago and CA Public TV had long segment about Abbott's. Showed them out on the water catching the lobsters, then showed how they make the sandwich. They stuff the meat into a 4 ounce condiment cup and plop it on the flattop. They pour the melted butter on top, then placed on the roll.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In your travels..., Little Rhody Lobster and Seafood could be worth a stop just off 95N in Hopkinton/Ashaway on Frontier Rd.
. The exit right after the truck stop that's on the state line.
Stopped here. Family place. New. From what I saw at our table, I would say yes. On a grilled brioche roll not hamburger bun. Comes with fries, slaw and pickle spear. $25. Alot but it looks like you get alot.
Plenty outdoor seating. Outdoor lobster cooking hut area where you pick up your lobster meal. Indoor service also. Pick your own lobster to cook if desired. If you have your clubs there is driving range. Lol.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Burger roll = not a highlight (and you’d think they would make the lobster look a little less pre-formed for the picture).

It’s fine. You’re a doofus.

The recipe for a burger-shaped roll and a hot dog-shaped roll is exactly the same. Also, the recipe for a lobster lumped onto a round roll is the same as the recipe for a lobster lumped into a long roll. I believe the butter also uses the same butter recipe.

It is literally the same food.

Go eat the round lobster roll.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It’s fine. You’re a doofus.

The recipe for a burger-shaped roll and a hot dog-shaped roll is exactly the same. Also, the recipe for a lobster lumped onto a round roll is the same as the recipe for a lobster lumped into a long roll. I believe the butter also uses the same butter recipe.

It is literally the same food.

Go eat the round lobster roll.
I’ve had a few times. Of course it’s fine. But it’s better in a hot dog roll. And Ford’s is better.

Reaction Score
Had dinner tonight at Sea Level Oyster Bar at Newburyport and my first experience today with lobster mashed potatoes. Paired with a simply prepared salmon and mixed greens.

Loved it. I’m not a fan of mixing seafood, but I saved the larger chunks of lobster until the salmon was eaten. A match made in heaven.

Reaction Score
I have been eating my first lobster rolls this week on my lobster roll tour...first one was at Tommy G's in Sturbridge...my second was at the Saltwater Grille on Portland Harbor (in the running as one of the two finalists for best roll in Maine)...my third was at Barnacle Billy's Perkin's Cove...

Interestingly, Maine places have rolls on their menu listed as "Connecticut style" and "Classic Style"...I prefer the Connecticut style...lobster warmed in butter, not chilled, no aioli, no mayonnaise, no lettuce,

I'll next be trying the lobster roll at the Crown Jewel on Great Diamond Island before moving on to Camden and Bar Harbor.

(as an aside, we were sitting at the bar at Tommy G's next to an inebriated fella who said..."It is "Woost Uh"....except for the Maine folks who say
"Woost Ah"....LOL...like Alabama vs Georgia dialects.)

Reaction Score
We had Newburg (lobster, scallops, haddock) in a sherry cream sauce in a large croissant like pastry shell at Beall's at the docks in Portland...good...rich...lots of lobster..

I've eaten so much lobster that my pee smells fishy (no offense Fishy).

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Stopped here. Family place. New. From what I saw at our table, I would say yes. On a grilled brioche roll not hamburger bun. Comes with fries, slaw and pickle spear. $25. Alot but it looks like you get alot.
Plenty outdoor seating. Outdoor lobster cooking hut area where you pick up your lobster meal. Indoor service also. Pick your own lobster to cook if desired. If you have your clubs there is driving range. Lol.
directions? nailed it.
decor? nailed it.
cuisine, ambience, pricing? nailed it, nailed it, nailed it.
verdict? nailed it.
amenities? priceless.

this may be the greatest restaurant review. ever.

Reaction Score
I’ve had a few times. Of course it’s fine. But it’s better in a hot dog roll. And Ford’s is better.
Simply a better vehicle for a loose meat filling type sandwich.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Do you eat sloppy joes or pulled pork on hot dog buns as well?
Well there's a reason they're called "sloppy" joes. As for pulled pork, I prefer it with no roll at all.

I think the hot dog bun provides greater support with less bread. Both pluses imo.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Well there's a reason they're called "sloppy" joes. As for pulled pork, I prefer it with no roll at all.

I think the hot dog bun provides greater support with less bread. Both pluses imo.
Pulled pork should go on a bed of crumbled cornbread and/or mac n' cheese. Best eaten out of a bowl.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
On the cape. Found a place that doesn’t ruin it with mayo !

lobster boat w. Yarmouth

40D79918-CAE0-4BFA-9A30-3C66D0102439.jpeg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But the fries look like the spray-on starch kind.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
On the cape. Found a place that doesn’t ruin it with mayo !

lobster boat w. Yarmouth

View attachment 68144
'Interestingly, Maine places have rolls on their menu listed as "Connecticut style" and "Classic Style"...I prefer the Connecticut style...lobster warmed in butter, not chilled, no aioli, no mayonnaise, no lettuce,'
Konnecticut, the Kollasus astride the Kulinary earth. hooking folks up with the right way to eat since the 1500s, or since the 1000s if those viking guys get their props.
iffn ur in a place that offers lobster swimming in warm pesto -leave.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The worst abomination that I have seen up north is "Poutine"...french fries covered in cheeses curds slopped over with gravy.

The French...sometimes, maybe rarely, take a culinary left turn....and fries ain't french.

Now, Duck Fat"s, an eatery in Portland serves fries that are fried in duck fat.....now that could be french...or bulgarian. But good.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The worst abomination that I have seen up north is "Poutine"...french fries covered in cheeses curds slopped over with gravy.

The French...sometimes, maybe rarely, take a culinary left turn....and fries ain't french.

Now, Duck Fat"s, an eatery in Portland serves fries that are fried in duck fat.....now that could be french...or bulgarian. But good.

You have to be an awful human being to not like poutine.

One thing to say you had a bad version of it- gravy out of a can, poorly sliced or cooked spuds, not fresh curds, etc. But to not see the beauty of that delicious concoction is and abomination.

Reaction Score
Chin...excuse me...but you are a product of your nurture...a southern boy knows that french fries slathered with ketchup is the go to....if you want to pretend...you might have Frites with truffle oil...and then slather them with ketchup.

Cheese curds...gawd...From the same folks who think that hominy is grits...

Reaction Score
And who think that rhubarb is edible and that cabbage makes a super casserole.

Reaction Score
And that french fries should be soggy, gravy soaked, and eaten with curds....

We threw the curds and whey to the hogs on the dairy farm.

I will say that you and the hogs love that stuff...and I loved the hogs to like it..pork is God's gift to man.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom