Lobo and Lawson | The Boneyard

Lobo and Lawson

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
need to stop babbling. Love them both but, geez.

Yes pairing those two very good basketball people is proving a detriment to the broadcasts. Instead of doing the game they sound like just another one of ESPN's "Buddy" talk shows. I love them both as well but working together is not a treat for the people watching the game.

Reaction Score
While they are gabbing, Katy Lew is on triple double watch... 11, 5, 5.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Hard to get into a game that has the other team scoring like a middle school rec team.
The announcing is less a thing to me than the fact that GA just won't go beyond MW up 30 in the first half. He really doesn't trust his bench. That would be worth discussing for our friendly broadcasters.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hard to get into a game that has the other team scoring like a middle school rec team.
The announcing is less a thing to me than the fact that GA just won't go beyond MW up 30 in the first half. He really doesn't trust his bench. That would be worth discussing for our friendly broadcasters.
I get that, but do we need a discussion of Kazakhstan? At one point they talked about the tourney or Megan’s international experience, which was much better.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So here we are. When Doris Burke was doing WCBB games she had quite a number of detractors on this board. When Kara became the new darling I pointed out that at one time Burke was the darling, and that familiarity breeds contempt. I stated then that there will come a time when the Kara detractors would show their distaste and they will be equally as loud as the Burke detractors. I just didn't think it would be so soon.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Doris is a fave with me, though not at Drake's level. My fantasy announcer trio for a game like this: Jackie MacMullan play by play, Michelle Beadle and Bill Walton for color commentary. I suspect that for the casual sports fan, a game like this, with such a huge discrepancy in skills, is about as interesting as a bowling tournament. The announcers having fun can be more interesting, so I would give Becca and Kara a break.

Reaction Score
The whole issue is that three game announcers doesn’t work. Solo, both of them are effective color announcers. If ESPN insists on pairing them , put them in the studio, where both of them are so much better. It would also spare everyone the indignity of being exposed to Andy Landers

Reaction Score
No one wins when the game is this much out of control. With subs in throughout second half and Cin. not doing much right, all you can do is criticize (not good), praise (too much in first half), or try to be funny. Was good at first but did get old. Fix the game, not the announcers.

Reaction Score
Anyone ever watched "Players Only" NBA broadcasts. Fantastic! Even sideline reporters and interviewers are players. I like it best when they all sit in studio and just talk hoops. Player makes a great move, they just go off. So, get rid of the play-by-play guy and just let them talk as they watch the game.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I just can't say anything bad about either of them. Some folks have earned all our love and support, and they are really, really, really high on that list.
I cannot say anything bad about either one of them, but I cannot say much good about both of them. They are not additive. They subtract from each other and diminish the whole. Perhaps if they were not expecting their third wheel to keep things rolling, the pair would be good. They are fine in the studio together without Mr Amin. I like them so much that it pains me for them to fail .

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Lower than the Laurentian fan or abyss. Worst I can remember. Hard to believe either can be so unselfaware and even harder to believe no one has told them to throttle it back before we got to tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom