Liverpool! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Liverpool!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wow, up 5-0 and just threw the tie away. Roma's got them right where they want them now. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Wow, up 5-0 and just threw the tie away. Roma's got them right where they want them now. :rolleyes:

the amount of LFC fans moaning and throwing this crap around is really sad. 5-2 in a UCL semi final is something to be darn proud of. What a night!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My favorite headline: As for Mo Salah, no Egyptian has screwed the Romans quite like this since Cleopatra.

OTOH, my man the Ox is "out for the rest of the season with a knee injury, and that "no specific timescale" has been placed on when he will return."

Reaction Score
alexoxchamberlain Absolutely devastated to have picked up this injury at such a crucial time in the season. Gutted I won’t be able to play any further part now in our Champions League run for Liverpool, and also the World Cup with England. But now it’s all about supporting the boys and getting behind them. I know we have what it takes to do something special in this tournament. I’m going to give everything I have to make sure I’m back as quickly as possible. However, this all pales in comparison to how the family of the liverpool fan badly hurt before last nights game must be feeling. My thoughts are with him and his loved ones. Thank you for all your kind words, messages and support. I’ll see you soon. #YNWA

pure class from the OX on IG. gutted for him.

Reaction Score
the amount of LFC fans moaning and throwing this crap around is really sad. 5-2 in a UCL semi final is something to be darn proud of. What a night!
Yeah but it's all about timing. If Liverpool were down 0-2 and won 5-2 the vibe would be 100000x different.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Seriously, they couldn't score a goal against Stoke?!? FFS....would helped out Swansea if they didn't give Stoke a point and some hope

Reaction Score
The race for top 4 is getting interesting.
Chelsea are applying pressure, playing really well as of late... next weeks match v Liverpool is massive. Liverpool will be playing their 5th game in 3 weeks, just returning from mid-week @ Roma with either the hangover of clinching a final spot in UCL, or devastated from blowing a 3 goal advantage and not advancing... it will be tough to go to Stamford Bridge. As great as Liverpool has been in UCL their league form has suffered as a result... drawing against the bottom two teams in the league (@WBA and v Stoke) in their last 2 league games. It could make for an interesting Liverpool home finale v BHA if Chelsea wins out.

With a game in hand, Chelsea will essentially have a chance to draw even on total points, but do have a huge goal differential to overcome (-17 to Liverpool, - 9 to Spurs)

Spurs are getting ‘Spursy’, but have a couple games in hand. Hopefully they right their ship, play with a chip on their shoulder, and stop settling for draws v lesser side. They need to handle their business Monday v Watford.

Remaining schedules:
Liverpool 72 points (2 remaining) @Chelsea, v BHA
Spurs 68 points (4 remaining) v Watford, @ WBA, v Newcastle, v Leicester
Chelsea 66 points (3 remaining) v Liverpool, v H’field Town, @ Newcastle.

Buckle up!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If Liverpool draws with Chelsea they will be all right.

Reaction Score
If Liverpool draws with Chelsea they will be all right.
Would love a Liverpool win there, happy with a draw. Spurs might need all the help they can get.

Reaction Score
Even if Liverpool loses at Chelsea, their worst case is that they are tied with Chelsea, and comfortably ahead in goal differential, heading into the last game of the season against BHA. My guess is that they will live with that risk and put everything they have into making sure they don't get blown out in Rome midweek. If that costs them the Chelsea game, they still control their own destiny with just one win needed.

Spurs hasn't looked the same since Kane came back into the lineup, and he hadn't looked like Kane. Hopefully, with 9 days between games, they now look normal. They only need 8 points from 4 winnable games for safety (probably only 7 because of goal differential), and if Chelsea only draws against Liverpool Spurs only need 6 or 5 from the 4. I don't think they're sweating yet.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If Chelsea wins out, Liverpool will have to beat BHA. It's no given to beat anybody. I'd rather not have to worry about it. But I think Liverpool will play well against Chelsea, the Champions League pressure will have dissipated by then.

Reaction Score
Good result today for Spurs (thank god for Lloris), now we are all Liverpool fans Wednesday and Saturday!

Agree with BL, Kane does not appear fully fit, may have returned a little too soon.

Reaction Score
Looks like it will be a Liverpool/Real final. Should make for a high scoring match. FOX is going to promote Ronaldo vs. Salah all month long.

Reaction Score
Good result today for Spurs (thank god for Lloris), now we are all Liverpool fans Wednesday and Saturday!

Agree with BL, Kane does not appear fully fit, may have returned a little too soon.

Spurs doesn't need help from Liverpool to finish ahead of Chelsea. Spurs needs to take care of business and finish ahead of Liverpool.

Kane looked better against Watford, but he still didn't look like Harry Kane. My guess is that the moment Spurs wraps up the Champions league slot, Kane gets to sit and recuperate for the World Cup.

Reaction Score
Breaking news: Liverpool has a heck of a counter attack. Now go and take care of Madrid

Reaction Score
Spurs are 1 point down to Liverpool with a game in hand. They aren't sweating. They need to take care of business but are closer to 3rd than they are 5th.

Reaction Score
I predict off the charts ratings for the final in the US.

So how much will Liverpool have to sell Salah for?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom