OT: - "LIVE" music videos | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: "LIVE" music videos

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
and I will top that :) :

My favorite guitar player.

I'm very conflicted on Tommy. May have the most talent of any guitarist ever, the guy can play any style, usually better than whomever originally played it, but he often gimmicks things up too much for my tastes with unnecessary flourishes (as he does in the video you posted). But I love that he'll play with pretty much anyone and not hog the spotlight. Some of his jams on YT with other guitarists are must-sees (the ones with Chet Atkins are a particular favorite).

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm very conflicted on Tommy. May have the most talent of any guitarist ever, the guy can play any style, usually better than whomever originally played it, but he often gimmicks things up too much for my tastes with unnecessary flourishes (as he does in the video you posted). But I love that he'll play with pretty much anyone and not hog the spotlight. Some of his jams on YT with other guitarists are must-sees (the ones with Chet Atkins are a particular favorite).

August_West

Reaction Score
Little Feat with the Tower of Power Horns. Oh, and Kenny Gradney's bass riff :D.... IMHO, 'Waiting for Columbus" is the greatest live album ever...

Ill give you free passes to this next week if you want to go, one of the bands is covering waiting for columbus...

Spanish Moon clip in the 2 minute Toads promo video

Reaction Score
Ill give you free passes to this next week if you want to go, one of the bands is covering waiting for columbus...

Spanish Moon clip in the 2 minute Toads promo video

August - Thanks....I will let you know. We are checking out Albert Lee at Black Eyed Sally's this Friday and next weekend is already crazy for me. I have wanted to check out Legion of Jerry. My good friend has a boat at the marina where you guys play during the summer. And the Little Feat tunes in the video sound amazing!!!

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If I was this guy you could all....

RIP Tony Joe White.

Grohl leads a blessed life. If he could actually speak a complete sentence without use of the e-f-f word, he'd legitimately be idol-worthy.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
luv the 'za's. don't hate, try and relate, sez Cliffy. (tryin hard to bring Boneyard tunes into the 21st century...)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
luv the 'za's. don't hate, try and relate, sez Cliffy. (tryin hard to bring Boneyard tunes into the 21st century...)

I own that Gorillaz CD and generally enjoy whatever Damon Albans puts out.

But I'll disagree with you on general principle because I don't believe anyone here really wants more of brilliant lyrics like,

I know that my girl's trust is a luxury
I don't want my next album sounding all Usher-y

Although, to be fair, I wouldn't want any album sounding all Usher-y!

Plenty of good music in the 21st century, even hip hop. But not trap music, most new rap* nor the stuff that gets past mainstream radio musical directors.

*exception made for trip-hop

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I own that Gorillaz CD and generally enjoy whatever Damon Albans puts out.

But I'll disagree with you on general principle because I don't believe anyone here really wants more of brilliant lyrics like,

I know that my girl's trust is a luxury
I don't want my next album sounding all Usher-y

Although, to be fair, I wouldn't want any album sounding all Usher-y!

Plenty of good music in the 21st century, even hip hop. But not trap music, most new rap* nor the stuff that gets past mainstream radio musical directors.

*exception made for trip-hop
'no one here?' Yeah. I must be in the wrong place then, Yeah. mr. U has aboot 260 million hits on this one, with aboot 1.6 million likes, and aboot 60 thousand disses, Yeah. that's more disses than anything related to that magyarische czardas string band thing you posted as 'live, go to,' Yeah. bottom right corner of my 'puter sez its 1/9/19. who knew? Yeah.

August_West

Reaction Score
You may end the thread now

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
'no one here?' Yeah. I must be in the wrong place then, Yeah. mr. U has aboot 260 million hits on this one, with aboot 1.6 million likes, and aboot 60 thousand disses, Yeah. that's more disses than anything related to that magyarische czardas string band thing you posted as 'live, go to,' Yeah. bottom right corner of my 'puter sez its 1/9/19. who knew? Yeah.

McDonalds, Pizza hut, Coors light, etc etc

Reaction Score
RIP Tony Joe White.

Grohl leads a blessed life. If he could actually speak a complete sentence without use of the e-f-f word, he'd legitimately be idol-worthy.

Yep, they don't make 'em like this any more.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Man, I miss the Black Crowes...

I saw them right around this time frame up in Rochester, NY.

They were still relatively new and put on a 2 hours set no problem. College kids and 40 year old strangers passing doobs around.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Great live version of Speedway at Nazareth.

Danny Cummings does a mighty fine job on the drums.

Well the Brickyard's there to crucify anyone who will not learn
I climbed a mountain to qualify I went flat through the turns
But I was down in the might-have-beens and an old pal good as died
And I sat down in Gasoline Alley and I cried

Well we were in at the kill again on the Milwaukee Mile
And in June up in Michigan we were robbed at Belle Isle
Then it was on to Portland, Oregon for the G.I. Joe
And I'd blown off almost everyone when my motor let go

New England, Ontario we died in the dirt
Those walls from mid-Ohio to Toronto they hurt
So we came to Road America where we burned up at the lake

But at the speedway at Nazareth I made no mistake