OT: - "LIVE" music videos | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: "LIVE" music videos

Reaction Score
If you haven't heard this youngin' yet, he's one to keep an eye on.

Virginia - The Marcus King Band

Got into this guy when they opened for Tedeschi Trucks last summer. Saw him a few months ago at Pearl Street in Northampton. King is 23 years old and so talented. Southern Soul meets the blues.

Reaction Score
We see the Mavericks every summer up at Indian Ranch in Webster, MA.... 2 1/2 hours of amazing country/latin/60's pop/ska/tex mex/rockabilly.....You really can't pigeon hole these guys into any particular genre, And Raul Malo is one of the great voices in music....this song just burns....really gets going at about 1:30

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Got into this guy when they opened for Tedeschi Trucks last summer. Saw him a few months ago at Pearl Street in Northampton. King is 23 years old and so talented. Southern Soul meets the blues.
Yea, I was planning on going to see him in Noho, but wife and I ended up working that day and by the time we got home, we were wiped. Pearl Street isn't really a place for tired old people. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yea, I was planning on going to see him in Noho, but wife and I ended up working that day and by the time we got home, we were wiped. Pearl Street isn't really a place for tired old people. :rolleyes:
:) at the show, we were commenting how many 20 somethings were at the show along with the "older crowd" we expected. Cool to see. We are all in our late 50's. Liked the Red Stripe beers. :)

Reaction Score
Damn, after watching that video, I'm bummed I missed that concert considering I'm a 10 minute walk from that spot. Saw this guy at Pearl Street back in November and he put on a great show.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Always thought this was a cool live performance. Not sure how she'd have done with Yellow Ledbetter though.

Given To Fly - Pearl Jam

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Great live video of gritty lo fi music. Impressive what one solid musician and a barely serviceable drummer can do.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Damn, after watching that video, I'm bummed I missed that concert considering I'm a 10 minute walk from that spot. Saw this guy at Pearl Street back in November and he put on a great show.

You up in noho?

Im playing Bishops every Wednesday in Feb. Come grab a beer with me before one of them.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
guitars! (humans part) live! sounds! DAWGS! like it says at the bottom...classic!

Reaction Score
You up in noho?

Im playing Bishops every Wednesday in Feb. Come grab a beer with me before one of them.
Yep! Haven't gotten to Bishops yet so that sounds good to me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yep! Haven't gotten to Bishops yet so that sounds good to me.

I’ll message you when it gets closer. Wednesday’s are a zoo there for funk night

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's a crappy video and not very good sound quality, but it's the only remaining evidence that for one brief moment in the mid-80s, The Waterboys were legitimately in the conversation on the best live band on the planet. The Glastonbury performance from 1986 is legendary.

Unfortunately no video exists of their amazing performance of Purple Rain during their encore. It is on audio, however.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Marcus King gets a lot of airplay on our one public radio music station. Very good band and sound. In fact 2018 was a pretty good year overall for R&B. Check out War & Treaty sometime.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom