Live from Liberty vs Wings | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Live from Liberty vs Wings

Reaction Score
Try using another web browser. If you only have one, down another one. I like Opera and Firefox. Either of those should work for you. I watching on my Opera web browser. :cool:
I tried both Chrome and IE but all failed. And both showed same things as to install Adobe player. Last year I had no problem to watch.

Thanks for the help. I will give it up now....

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In Phoenix I'm watching the Mercury game on FSN, who joined the game in progress (mid-Q1) after the local Diamondbacks baseball game ended. The game is also listed on the NBA channel, but it's blacked out here - Fox must have the contract for this game in the PHX area.

Well. I am watching on NBA TV Fun 1st half. Phoenix 44 Dallas 42 at half.

DT looking like her MVP self. 20 pts 3-6 from 3 and getting to the line 7-7. She has 999 made 3pt makes. Next one is 1000. Cambage the real deal with 14 on 6 of 9. Z hits a pure non-hesitating 3pt shot from the wing. So weird.

Cute 1st half skit with Coach Brondello coaching her son on 5th grade team. Intense but how do they understand her accent??

Reaction Score

DT looking like her MVP self. 20 pts 3-6 from 3 and getting to the line 7-7. She has 999 made 3pt makes. Next one is 1000. Cambage the real deal with 14 on 6 of 9. Z hits a pure non-hesitating 3pt shot from the wing. So weird.

Cute 1st half skit with Coach Brondello coaching her son on 5th grade team. Intense but how do they understand her accent??
Can you provide the link to NBA TV? Thanks ..

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Woohoo. DT gets her 1000 3pt shot.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Final: Phoenix 86 - Dallas 78

Taurasi 26 pts.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
After being down by 14 early in 4th Q, Dallas made a surge to close it to 4 but Diana hit what to me was the back breaking 3. She looks really good.

On the other side, after getting 3 token minutes in first quarter, Saniya did not play after that. I thought she actually looked pretty good being aggressive. Z definitely has green light to shoot the 3 and was active on the boards 3 off / 3 Def rebounds in 15 minutes.

Reaction Score
Azurá showed she can play in the WNBA. Seemed right at home. Only 3 points (on a 3-pointer), but 6 rebounds and a nice block in 15 minutes. She isn't trying to beat out another forward - they started 3 guards plus Cambage and Glory Johnson, who looks like she may have gotten badly injured tonight (??)

Reaction Score
I am probably in the minority but I really do not think the play was "bonehead". Miss St was locking in on defense and everything was being contested and it was a tough slog to get anything even partially open. When Saniya felt there was room, her instincts took over to try to get an open shot or at least a foul (something I hope she does more of with the Wings) which were both good bets since William was initially in poor defensive position which often happens if the defense is expecting you to run down the clock so they are not as focused early in the play. It was indeed an incredible defensive play by William who demonstrated remarkable lateral quickness. 9/10 times, the defense would n0t have been able to make a positive play.

On the other hand, if we played it conservatively (by the book) letting the shot clock go down to a few seconds or so, there was no guarantee that we could get a good shot or even a semi good shot and the ref's tend to be less likely to call a foul in that position. Therefore, there was a good chance we enter 2OT with a re-energized Miss St team. Not ideal.

I am not saying Saniya had this thought process but in hindsight, I think this falls within the category of reasonable risk.
Yes Miss St played a terrific defensive game deflecting passes from Gabby and Collier up top. That’s what surprised me most from that game was the defensive execution on States part.
I missed Chong’s minutes tonight. She should do a good job in the minutes she gets this year. Seems like she just needs experience.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom