Liv with an awesome WNBA preseason game (in a Loss to Seattle) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Liv with an awesome WNBA preseason game (in a Loss to Seattle)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

tcno2fan

Tina Charles No. 2 Fan
Reaction Score
If sparks don’t keep liv, I could easily see another team picking her up, that’s length I’m sure someone could use.
With BG detained in Russia, I'm selfishly hoping she gets dropped by LA and makes her way over to Phoenix to back up Tina

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
With only a 12-player roster, and many veterans still overseas, teams often play rookies or fringe players for trade possibilities. Nothing wrong with that, especially L.A. who is stocked with post players. Livs excellent performance is for the other teams who may need a post this year, or even next. Sylvia Fowles is retiring after this year, so the Lynx could be a possible destination. I don't think her future is with the Sparks, but she does have a future with any other team with a need for a Big.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It just get so freaking old. I try to get rid of stressful stuff in my life so I’m always surprised when I see people embracing past hurts and disappointments. Such a waste of energy.
Agree, Nan. Some people are never quite as happy as when they are miserable.

Reaction Score
Excellent performance by Liv, but a great three-point shot? 7 of 33 in a UConn uniform.
Nice of you to include all four of her years in your argument. She was 3 for 11 her senior year and 4 for 15 her junior year. She has shown steady improvement in her four years in my view.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Nice of you to include all four of her years in your argument. She was 3 for 11 her senior year and 4 for 15 her junior year. She has shown steady improvement in her four years in my view.
Those numbers are just too small to be meaningful though. I really hope she works on this because if she can dish from the high post and also be a credible threat to step back a launch from outside, she could be a really strong high post forward in the W. IMHO, her potential really rises or falls on her ability to take and make shots from 10-20 feet out.

Reaction Score
Those numbers are just too small to be meaningful though. I really hope she works on this because if she can dish from the high post and also be a credible threat to step back a launch from outside, she could be a really strong high post forward in the W. IMHO, her potential really rises or falls on her ability to take and make shots from 10-20 feet out.
No .. it's Liv's defensive prowess and ability to facilitate from the high post that sets her apart, eh?

Reaction Score
Great to see ONO showcase how multifaceted she is as a big. If she can keep developing her outside shot, she'll make a great high post distributor (which is also good because I don't think she'll ever develop the body mass/strength to go toe to toe in the paint with the WNBA's best).

It's annoying that the team that drafted ONO has more post depth than any WNBA team. It's almost hard to think of a team that's less in need of her talents.
Body mass increases with age. Give her 5 years then look again. You not recognize ONO/Liv. She is the value of the W. Buy her now in 2 years it will difficult to pay what she'll be worth.

Reaction Score
Good for her! Just wish she could have done it in the championship game!
I love it, I hate it. Liv, groin injury face to face with Boston attacked from all sides--it is a wonder she did as well as she did. Remember Azure? A highly recruited, considered a Star in the making. She didn't do as well in her final game as ONO. LIV was a Husky from the moment Geno Recruited her--once a Husky always a Husky. There is something Marine sounding about that phrase! Husky Alums are cherished.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I love it, I hate it. Liv, groin injury face to face with Boston attacked from all sides--it is a wonder she did as well as she did. Remember Azure? A highly recruited, considered a Star in the making. She didn't do as well in her final game as ONO. LIV was a Husky from the moment Geno Recruited her--once a Husky always a Husky. There is something Marine sounding about that phrase! Husky Alums are cherished.
I do remember Azura' and that is not correct.
Azura in her last UCONN game 19 Points 8 Rebounds on 8 of 12 shooting in 28 minutes.
ONO in her final UCONN game 4 Points 2 rebounds in 23 minutes.
Azura' is also a treasured UCONN husky and was present to watch UCONN play in the final four this season. Geno also recruited Azura. BTW that saying regarding the Marines is one that was borrowed from the senior branch of the US Armed Services.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Body mass increases with age. Give her 5 years then look again. You not recognize ONO/Liv. She is the value of the W. Buy her now in 2 years it will difficult to pay what she'll be worth.
That's the problem with the W. No one gets five years. It's incredibly competitive to make a roster, let alone stay on it year after year. I like ONO a lot, and I'm rooting for her. But she needs to develop the ability to regularly take and make shots from 10-20 feet outside because she's just not dominant enough inside. This is a shot almost most of the major bigs in the league can make, and essentially any of the ones who run the high post on offense. Think Stewie, Jonquel Jones, Candice Parker, EDD - heck, even more traditional posts like Tina Charles and Nneka Ogwumike developed those shots as pros and now take them regularly. The only bigs who don't are true, dominant 5s - think Liz Cambage (6'6"), Brittany Griner (6'9"), Sylvia Fowles (6'6"), and A'ja Wilson (6'4") - who do all their damage inside, and they were all first or second draft picks.

Maybe, maybe ONO can exist a bit like a Brianna Turner, adding value on defense with blocking and rebounding. That's the best case scenario. But ONO wasn't dominant inside even as a college player (55 blocks, 9.2 pts, 7.5 RB in 33 games vs. Turner's 109 blocks, 14.4 pts, 7.8 RB in 39 games), so why would anyone think that changes when her competition is suddenly taller, stronger, and way more experienced? Just one fan's two cents, but to me it's pretty clear what her path to longtime value in the W is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think ONO is a 5 in the W. Turner is a good comparison for her, but I dont think she has the defensive versatility that Turner has. I dont think she ever will either. Turner is a defensive-minded 4, that is lucky to play alongside Griner (and now Charles) to hide her lack of offense.

I think ONO has Cox to compete with mainly. Cox brings to the table what ONO would bring, and more experience and more offensive versatility. And I think Cox is a better defender and passer anyway. Maybe the Sparks can keep both of them, ONO definitely has potential.

Btw here's Taurasi's current favorite teammate...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom