List Three Changes To Improve Womens College BB | The Boneyard

List Three Changes To Improve Womens College BB

Reaction Score
I have about ten things I would like to change, but three works. This could include recruiting, transfers, scholarships, fans, game rules, etc.

1. Reduce the number of reviews. Give each team two challenges like they do in football...otherwise, keep playing. Refs will never be perfect. Never.
  2. Bring back the 1 and 1 free throws in the last minute of the game.
  3. Penalize flopping and excessive reactions to being fouled...or in some cases not being touched at all.

Reaction Score
Considering the crapfest that passes for officiating in these games I'd think more reviews would be better than less. Complaints about that slowing down the game would depend on coaches demanding cleaner play, coaching cleaner play so there would be fewer fouls to call. Refs, like anything else won't be perfect but they could sure as homeostasis be a lot better than they've been. Maybe four a game? Multiple cameras to catch the fouls that no one ever seems to be looking at?

Reaction Score
1. How about getting back to calling traveling and carrying violations.
2. If it's a foul, call it. Hate these physical teams, like UCF, who try to overcome their lack of scoring by playing "bully" basketball.
3. Better shooting....made lay ups and mid range jumpers.

Reaction Score
1. Move the 3pt line far enough out that only Paige, Azzi, and Caroline can be effective from there.

2. More emphasis on getting referee consistency via post game reviews. It shouldn't be a totally different game depending on whether you have referees that calls every little thing vs. one that swallows the whistle and lets them play. Coaches and players should not have to game-plan differently depending on the referee.

3. Give players an extra foul in the overtime period. People generally do not want to watch the game decided with stars potentially on the bench. Planning your foul strategy for a 40 minute game is part of the strategy. Planning for a 45 or 50 minute game is not, so reinstate those players that fouled out and give everybody one more foul before they are gone.

Reaction Score
1. Train refs in rules AND consistency. Then do it again. And again. This includes the three-second rule, which is never, ever called consistently. Not in favor of reducing the number of reviews. You never get everything 100% right, but you can try, and when the game's on the line....
2. Extend the three-point line.
3. Penalize flopping

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Same ball for all levels...high school/college/WNBA/international.
Same three point line...all levels as above...longer line than present college stripe...not necessarily
the same as men's.
Old Huskies idea about reinstating fouled out players in OT situations...one more allowed.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I can't see how increasing the complexity for refs in any way benefits the game - they are already operating above their competency, and you really want them to call new fouls for flopping and or protesting non-calls? Right now they determine whether to call a foul or not - if they think it was a defensive flop or an offensive exaggeration they don't call anything - and people get upset that no charge was called, or no foul was called. Remember SC game and Boston's bull in the china shop moves that were not called fouls? The ref is now going to have to call those as defensive foul 'flops' since they didn't see an offensive foul and a player ended on the ground! Same with the hacks on Williams drives to the basket against Baylor - no defensive foul called so you want them to call an offensive foul because Williams complained or ended on the floor, obviously over exagerrating the 'non-contact!' Nope. Not for me.

Reaction Score
1. 25 sec shot clock
2. Men's college 3 pt line
3. Coach challenges

Better referee training. This year's tournament seemed to abandon the freedom of movement principles and became a beat them up isolation game.... very ugly to watch.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The only change I could think of is to "Ban" UConn WBB, as we all know they are bad for the game. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
it seems most agree that better refs are needed...
1. make a system of reward and punishment for the refs with reviews after each game with scoring for the officials.
2. 3 point line should be same distance as international.
3. Ball should be same size as international.

Reaction Score
1) Referee review committee (made up of of selected AD's). Grade each official on a weekly basis and penalize those that don't get a passing grade (less assignments).
2) Go to the "full size ball" - doesn't matter what brand :)
3) extend 3 point line and widen the lane

Reaction Score
You can have best referees in the world and the complaints won’t go down. So I eliminate it for consideration.

What I would suggest.

One three point line, male, female, international, Martian.
Go back to one and one for free throws.
Give technicals to coaches who have their players play for the last shot at the end of quarters by wasting 20 seconds. Well, I am not serious about the technicals but I might consider putting them in purgatory. Shoot the damn ball when you can and play defense. Just like any other possession.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
How about enforcing the "free movement" of the offensive players to stop the mugging, bumping, grabbing on defense??? Every time trying to run through the paint, defensive players grab and bump, which I thought an emphasis was on stopping as motion offense if a beautiful thing where as the "SEC style" defense is SO ugly....

Reaction Score
You can have best referees in the world and the complaints won’t go down. So I eliminate it for consideration.

What I would suggest.

One three point line, male, female, international, Martian.
Go back to one and one for free throws.
Give technicals to coaches who have their players play for the last shot at the end of quarters by wasting 20 seconds. Well, I am not serious about the technicals but I might consider putting them in purgatory. Shoot the damn ball when you can and play defense. Just like any other possession.
Last part is a big no. Play defense and force a turnover if you want the ball.

Reaction Score
How about enforcing the "free movement" of the offensive players to stop the mugging, bumping, grabbing on defense??? Every time trying to run through the paint, defensive players grab and bump, which I thought an emphasis was on stopping as motion offense if a beautiful thing where as the "SEC style" defense is SO ugly....
Please no on this too. How exciting is the NBA now that you can't touch or bump. Nah earn your buckets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom