Lion's make playoffs..Edsall to split time between Lions/UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lion's make playoffs..Edsall to split time between Lions/UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He splits time and delegates responsibilities as needed.

Yes they are - film breakdown is vital.
He needs to hire an entire staff. If Benedict waited until 1/14 to announce a new coach this board would be killing him.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
He needs to hire an entire staff. If Benedict waited until 1/14 to announce a new coach this board would be killing him.
Mabye it's hired?

I could be wrong but I believe the posting must be open for a certain amount of days, so although still open, could be filled.

Reaction Score
Guessing HCRE can do his Lions stuff from his office in Storrs until it ends. Gotta think the staff is almost ready to be announced. He may be in hyperdrive for a week or two, but I think a workaholic (which he is) can get it done. Don't like it, but life is rarely nice and tidy.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
It looks like you have inhaled a little to much smoke to think we have hired another god for a coach. Too many blind fans on this board especially some off you diehards! I'm willing to give him a chance but i am not accepting him with open arms as you have.
Ummm....who cares? And dude....Grammar is not your Grampa's wife. Seriously.
92574e16cc65772dc7879c12c349667f.jpg

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Crazy like Lane Kiffin screwing over FIU so he can help Bama.
Sure, same thing. Randy could leave tomorrow and nobody on the Lions's staff would miss him.

Reaction Score
If anyone thinks Randy wasn't already doing preliminary work on his staff before he was announced as head coach I don't know what to tell you.

Didn't they list the openings for OC and DC right after he was hired? Which means they knew who he was hiring?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
He's not just a director of research...but special projects as well.

Randy Edsall hired as Lions' director of football research

You would think with a week left in the season he would be dispensable since the new job he has is a pretty big deal. But...it happened so fast that perhaps it is tough to just walk away cold turkey. He basically is honoring a 2 weeks notice policy.
Director of Research and Special Projects sounds like a job at Area 51.

Reaction Score
Edsall said on Joe D and Gresh today that he will be in Storrs later tomorrow and flying to Seattle on Friday. My sense is OC/DC are in place and they will be "officially" rolling before he leaves.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1. Detroit is going to lose this week.

2. This class is shot.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It looks like you have inhaled a little to much smoke to think we have hired another god for a coach. Too many blind fans on this board especially some off you diehards! I'm willing to give him a chance but i am not accepting him with open arms as you have.
You think FDNY is a RE lover?????
Please read and know the posters before you make accusations
FDNY, I think, will play the wit and see game, as I and most will

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You should go read some of my other posts...I am by far from accepting with open arms and think he is a god! He is what he is...a guy who has his warts, gets his kids well prepared to play and gets them to play hard...and he also knows this program and fan base better than anyone else. I have sat through the last 6 disastrous seasons when a lot of others have bailed...I can thank my wife for telling me we are keeping our tickets and supporting the program and the kids the other day after Edsall's hiring was announced. So I'll be making the trek north in the fall on Saturdays for season 14 at the Rent!

Renewing my tix too!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
1. Detroit is going to lose this week.

2. This class is shot.

I agree...I just hope RE is able to pull a QB out of thin air. I am hoping a juco or grad transfer comes in. With a serviceable qb, the season won't be a total loss.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sarkisian was fired in 2015 for alcoholism and weren't there issues with women as well? These guys sure land on their feet.
its the good ole boy society with built in union-like protection without the dues
If I did anything near what some of these coaches do...................................

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Only a complete moron would complain about a man with unquestioned integrity, under contract, fulfilling that contract.

The coaching change itself did more "damage" to the recruiting class than this interim period ever could.

Reaction Score
its the good ole boy society with built in union-like protection without the dues
If I did anything near what some of these coaches do..........
More like corporate cronyism than "union like" protection no?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Only a complete moron would complain about a man with unquestioned integrity, under contract, fulfilling that contract.

The coaching change itself did more "damage" to the recruiting class than this interim period ever could.

Do we know that? Have kids been backing out of commitments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom