LINK to watch the 3 UConn girls in JBC girls game today at 5:30 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

LINK to watch the 3 UConn girls in JBC girls game today at 5:30

Reaction Score
Really like Coombs. She's the type of player who shows you can be good without trying to score every time down.
Coombs seems to me to be able to get the most playing time right now of the freshman.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lexi has 3 fouls because she's trying to play defense. Rellah has 4 fouls because she doesn't move her feet and hacks people.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I'm pleased that Lexi looks like she belongs on the same court with this group. She's a peer.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
These girls really deserve kudos. There has been as much passing and unselfishness as I think I've ever seen in an all-star game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Just as I say that Lexi takes a really bad forced three from way out.

Oh well, she was generally impressive.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What is it with PGs from Texas? Carter, Patterson, and Williams impressed. Williams will star at Stanford. Carter was the fan favorite. She played like Slocum.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So Mikayla and Lexi each had either 12 or 14 points. Mikayla had 7 assists.

Meg's shot wasn't working, so she had only 6. But she's big, quick, and physical. She's taller and stronger looking than Westbrook.

BTW, Westbrook has a very smooth jumper.

Reaction Score
I really hope these frosh are willing to wait their turn for playing time. Based on what I watched and based on the 5 main contributors (KLS, Collier, Gabby, Nurse, Dangerfield) we have back plus 2 college ready transfers in Stevens/Camara, there's PT for maybe 2 of them tops next year. And that's not even factoring in Butler, Irwin, Bent. I just hope everyone is on the same page because that's a LOT of players to satisfy. Maybe 2 too many if we are honest.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
These girls really deserve kudos. There has been as much passing and unselfishness as I think I've ever seen in an all-star game.
The guards for the East, especially Evans, dribbled too much, played selfishly, and forced too many shots. As for the Uconn incoming freshmen, I wonder if Walker will be the best of them. The other three may not have as many skills as she has but, they are more accurate shooters. Time will tell.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meg's shot was off, but she's a presence on the floor. She may or may not be as good as Lou, but she's plenty good.

Mikayla looks like a great combo guard.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Meg's shot was off, but she's a presence on the floor. She may or may not be as good as Lou, but she's plenty good.

Mikayla looks like a great combo guard.
The three we saw today are nice palliatives in a time of hurt. I can't wait to see how Coombs looks when the real games begin. While it's hard not to imagine UConn having great success next year, I think MC is a key player. There's a guard to be replaced. Maybe Molly will make huge strides--that would be great. But otherwise the role could fall to Mikayla. She appears to have the breadth of game, size, and athleticism to be a solid contributor off the bench.

Lexi is eminently likeable. Her floater and back-in move were nice to see. She seems eager to involve herself in the rough-and-tumble, and oh yeah, she's got a sweet-looking shot.

I see where Andi was MVP at another all-star game (Rose something). She's one to root for, too.

I'll continue to take Megan as a given. :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lexi was introduced as Levi. Poor kid!

Lexi battled on the boards. She was undersized, but competed. I like her shot. She needs to work on her left hand.

I agree about looking to the future following a painful loss. I was pleased with what I saw from our recruits, other than Meg's shot. Meg appears to have a WNBA-ready body.

Mikayla looks college ready. She was smooth and effective.

I'm watching the boys' game now. The smooth jumpers and between the legs dribbles are standard. They are playing 2' above the rim. Six of these kids are uncommitted. I hope UConn can get at least one.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
BTW, Miss Maya, Mars Blackman, and Jumpman are here in person.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Lexi was introduced as Levi. Poor kid!

Lexi battled on the boards. She was undersized, but competed. I like her shot. She needs to work on her left hand.

I agree about looking to the future following a painful loss. I was pleased with what I saw from our recruits, other than Meg's shot. Meg appears to have a WNBA-ready body.

Mikayla looks college ready. She was smooth and effective.

I'm watching the boys' game now. The smooth jumpers and between the legs dribbles are standard. They are playing 2' above the rim. Six of these kids are uncommitted. I hope UConn can get at least one.
It's always awkward talking about these young women's physical attributes, but I was somewhat surprised to see that Megan's lower body was more . . . un-skinny(?) than I had realized. Should help her with posting up and boxing out. :cool:

HGN

Reaction Score
BTW, since there is no current recruit thread I guess I'll mention here that Andra Espinoza-Hunter was MVP of the Rose All Star Classic yesterday after scoring 23 points.

C9VcuJLXYAAzca9.jpg
Congratulations Andra.....Keep up the good work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom