LINK to watch the 3 UConn girls in JBC girls game today at 5:30 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

LINK to watch the 3 UConn girls in JBC girls game today at 5:30

Reaction Score
Walker looks comfortable getting the rebound and pushing it herself in transition. Walker is going to have to learn to run hard all the time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meg is about 0-7 from the field, but 4-4 on FTs. She got fouled a couple of other times, but no call. Her shot is off. Her versatility is obvious.

Lexi is a nice spot-up shooter. So is Mikayla. Coombs had 6/2/3 in under 4 minutes.

I like C. Patterson. Very quick.

Hate to say it, but Hayes looks good.

Boothe is too heavy to run the floor, but she's a strong rebounder.

Westbrook has a smooth stroke.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jordy knows more basketball than I do and it sitting closer. I'm sure he'll provide nice info later. Pressure. ;)

Reaction Score
15-0 White team.

Walker's shot selection and outside shot leave a lot to be desired.

I think she has a pretty complete game other then the three point shot which surely needs some work........her mid range game and drawing many fouls is going to be her bread and butter

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I think she has a pretty complete game other then the three point shot which surely needs some work...her mid range game and drawing many fouls is going to be her bread and butter

She has a lot of skills but she takes some really forced shots, and not just in all-star games. Lots of long pullups with little chance. Moving without the ball, cutting, posting up, short jumpers...those should be staples for her. She likes contact too; very physical. Geno will have to get to her though, maybe 5 pushups for every forced jumper out of rhythm. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Carter and Lexi leading their teams with 13 and 10, respectively. Pheesa had 22 in 2015.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
BTW, since there is no current recruit thread I guess I'll mention here that Andra Espinoza-Hunter was MVP of the Rose All Star Classic yesterday after scoring 23 points.

C9VcuJLXYAAzca9.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meg was hit in the face, maybe eye, and took herself out.

Chennedy Carter has game and bling.

Reaction Score
She has a lot of skills but she takes some really forced shots, and not just in all-star games. Lots of long pullups with little chance. Moving without the ball, cutting, posting up, short jumpers...those should be staples for her. She likes contact too; very physical. Geno will have to get to her though, maybe 5 pushups for every forced jumper out of rhythm. ;)

for the moment I view her as more of a scorer then a shooter...........I suspect she will be one of those automatic 15-20 point scorers while rarely shooting 50% from the field although with her work ethic and Geno's constant haranguing I bet she improves over time........

Reaction Score
I missed the name of the award Westbrook, just won, did anyone catch it?

Reaction Score

Agree Megan is a very physical player....I said after watching McDonald's game that she seems more suited for the half court game now. With conditioning maybe her full court game will blossom. But right now very skilled and physical with in my opinion poor conditioning. And that's ok high school is different.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Another jumper goes for Coombs. Got the ball and with no hesitation buried it from about 17 feet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom