(Link) drip drip drip, now NCAA and LSU's Wade | The Boneyard

(Link) drip drip drip, now NCAA and LSU's Wade

Reaction Score
I really like this guy. Always thought he was a great recruiter but now it sounds like there may be more to it. Honestly hope he’s clean because I think he’s one of the best up and coming coaches.

Reaction Score
I really like this guy. Always thought he was a great recruiter but now it sounds like there may be more to it. Honestly hope he’s clean because I think he’s one of the best up and coming coaches.

Without any NCAA hits that ridiculous class of '18 coupled with the returning players puts LSU in contention for a National Championship. I don't want to comment on Tremont because that issue has already been discussed here I think...

There is a hot steamy pile on WW doorstep. The question is will he step in it?

Reaction Score
I think we are going to find a lot of Ollie's 'misses' on the recruiting trail may have had nothing to do with him but with others and what they were offering.

That's a sideways cup half full view I guess. We shall see. Not sure I can buy that.

Reaction Score
Lets see. UConn is being investigated on recruiting practices, on guys we most likely missed out on. Guys like Mustapha Heron, Hamidou Diallo, and Tremont Waters. In other words, guys who not only got paid, but made it clear they were going to the highest bidder. Not good at all.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Let me clue you in. Any program that has recently up jumped into a new weight class is going to get caught up in this.

Or do you think there is another reason these former also rans are pulling in 5 star recruits? They can't all have hit the head coaching gold mine.

Reaction Score
Its amazing that Duke and Kentucky can pull in countless 5 star recruits every year and the NCAA never bats an eye, but if other schools start punching above their weight class on the recruiting trail, they are subject to an immediate investigation. The entire system is designed to protect the NCAA darlings, rather than promoting open and fair competition.

Reaction Score
What the sudden influx of high 4 star and 5 star talent was not related to his stellar history of winning as a head coach? I find that hard to believe.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
IIRC, when Emmert left UConn (ahead of the posse that could have charged him with criminal negligence) it was for a similar job at LSU.

I'm not sure it is coincidental that while there are serious, specific allegations of wrongdoing occurring
at many very high profile schools, general recruiting practices at two former employers is where the NCAA is currently spending their time.

He wants to make it look lime the NCAA legitimately cares about cheating, has an axe to grind with some former employers and may also have a bit of insight on where to find some other disgruntled former employees willing to make allegations.

Reaction Score
Except there some talk that a recruit or couple of Wades were compensated and its been said Ollie refused to play that game. Little bit of difference in the severity of the possible infractions
Izzo was supposed to be clean, too. Its starting to look like that's not the case

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Except there some talk that a recruit or couple of Wades were compensated and its been said Ollie refused to play that game. Little bit of difference in the severity of the possible infractions
It's probably only been said on here that Ollie refused to play that game. Perhaps he was just outbid for their services?

Reaction Score
Its amazing that Duke and Kentucky can pull in countless 5 star recruits every year and the NCAA never bats an eye, but if other schools start punching above their weight class on the recruiting trail, they are subject to an immediate investigation. The entire system is designed to protect the NCAA darlings, rather than promoting open and fair competition.

It's all about eyeballs paying for the huge "rights" fees for the tournament. That's why North Carolina wasn't punished when they admitted to fraud. If there was fraud, the classes didn't exist, and without the minimum required credits per semester the players weren't eligible. Thus, forfeited games and championships, and lower ratings, resulting in lower receipts for Emmert and his crew.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Lets see. UConn is being investigated on recruiting practices, on guys we most likely missed out on. Guys like Mustapha Heron, Hamidou Diallo, and Tremont Waters. In other words, guys who not only got paid, but made it clear they were going to the highest bidder. Not good at all.

Worst case scenerio is to get caught being bad at cheating.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is actually a great time to have committed violations.

Given what’s going on elsewhere, there may not be enough investigators to go around.

We can plead this down to a parking ticket.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Given what’s going on elsewhere, there may not be enough investigators to go around.

I look at it differently in that the NCAA has nothing to do with any of this because most of the teams are sucked up into the FBI case which NCAA investigators have been told to stay away from. We're all that's left and Emmert just loves our fertile field

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I look at it differently in that the NCAA has nothing to do with any of this because most of the teams are sucked up into the FBI case which NCAA investigators have been told to stay away from. We're all that's left and Emmert just loves our fertile field
Exactly. Expect a loud statement from them if any excuse for it exists.

Reaction Score

Unless it's bad enough to use us as an example of someone "they" caught instead of the FBI.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom