Line-up: Interesting or just wrong? | The Boneyard

Line-up: Interesting or just wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
A Times-Picayune sportswriter has a story in Nan's links in which she lists an expected UConn starting lineup:

Dolson
Faris
KML
Hartley
Jefferson!

I'd guess she picked this up somewhere in the ozone, but she does seem to be reasonably knowledgable elsewhere in this story. Has anyone else reported an "expected" lineup?

Anyway, how does that starting five strike you? Hartley returns, no Stewart and the big surpise, Mo. Great idea? Bizarre? Strategy?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
A Times-Picayone sportswriter has a story in Nan's links in which she lists an expected UConn starting lineup:

Dolson
Faris
KML
Hartley
Jefferson!

I'd guess she picked this from the ozone, but she seems to be reasonable knowledgable in this story.

Anyway, how does that starting five strike you? Hartley returns, no Stewart and the big surpise, Mo.
If that is correct, and this is just a guess on my part, I'd imagine Geno made the decision based on how practices have been going this week and who he feels is most effective on the court for the kind of team they will be facing in ND. I like it as it seems to be the best guard oriented lineup we have to go up against ND's guards...

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Speculating on the starting lineup based on a NOLA sports story ? What does the Horde have to say ?

I'd be willing to bet that this is NOT the starting lineup Sunday.

D

DanDar

I'd assume KML is 4 with Faris being a 3 no?

This lineup has speed but if they get a bit overwhelmed by pressure then we're done for. On the other hand starting Dolson, Stewie, KML, Faris and Doty would allow for Hartley and Jefferson to see from a distance what ND is doing and then come in and shock them like they did with Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Not gonna say I disagree since geno obviously see practices and I don't. But I will say its not what I would've hoped for. Starting is a lot of extra pressure - I think it would be easier on mojeff if she could come off the bench. And her confidence will be critical. If she can play well, it will be a new dimension that nd has not faced.

I also am hoping that stew can be an X factor that ND can't stop. If that's the case then would want her starting, so we can immediately put them on their heels.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
I'd assume KML is 4 with Faris being a 3 no?

This lineup has speed but if they get a bit overwhelmed by pressure then we're done for. On the other hand starting Dolson, Stewie, KML, Faris and Doty would allow for Hartley and Jefferson to see from a distance what ND is doing and then come in and shock them like they did with Kentucky.

It wasn't broke last game vs. Kentucky. Don't need fixin'

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I would expect Geno to stick with the starters line up and substitutions that has been effective through out the tournament unless it is being altered by injury. I do not think the starting line up above is accurate to what we will see. Also, who starts is less important than minutes played as always.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If this were the case, I'd expect Geno were basing his decision on who would be the bigger game changer coming off the bench. The #6 player has always been important to Geno.

That said, I'd be surprised if this was correct.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm thinking Geno probably won't know what starting line-up he is going to go with until Sat or Sun.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
My original game analysis had the wrong lineup. And what a coincidence, this writer got it wrong with the same lineup.

Hmmmmm........
So that's her source! At least she knows where to go to get the best Huskies' info..

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
My original game analysis had the wrong lineup. And what a coincidence, this writer got it wrong with the same lineup.

Hmmmmm........

Indeed.......!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There have been several articles recently - from Connecticut - where Geno is quoted as saying that bringing Bria off the bench for a shot of energy and scoring punch has been working extremely well for the Huskies. And with Caroline playing quite competently against Kentucky & its vaunted press, I think she'll start again unless there's a physical issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom