Lindsey Hunter named Suns coach, he killed us | The Boneyard

Lindsey Hunter named Suns coach, he killed us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can't think of any player who lit up Uconn like Lindsey Hunter.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Elijah Allen, FDU.

14-17 FG, 6-7 3FG, 9-11 FT, 8 RBS, 43 points.

He tortured UConn.

Hunter scored 39, but had overtime to do it.

I think Hunter scored 25 in the second half - and then nine in overtime. Insane.

I was at that game - so painful.

UConn was down nine with about a minute left and then starting hitting threes. Fair hit one and Yell hit a couple. Then, they get to OT and then Hunter killed them with a run-out.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Was that game in the NIT at Gampel. I think I was there, too.

Lindsey "Big Game" Hunter

Reaction Score
I recall the draft where the Pistons took Hunter and Allan Houston and they were being called the "next Thomas and Dumars." Both were fine NBA players but not quite what people had thought they could become as a tandem.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yep, it was at Gampel.

Scottie Reynolds also killed us at Gampel - he had 40 points against us in 2007-ish.

That game was frustrating - Reynolds went off, but if UConn doesn't miss 20 free throws, we win in a laugher instead of dropping a close game.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Lindsey Hunter, Elijah Allen, and Darius Rice.

Maybe honorable mention for Steve Novak, and probably others I can't recall.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Kerry Kittles unconsious against us in a 1995 game? I remember something like 42 points.

Reaction Score
Troutman at Gampel was also a pest. He had 29 points and 12 rebounds where Pitt was losing by 17 and wound up winning by ten.

Reaction Score
I remember Trent Tucker couldn't miss against us in the NIT in the early 80's.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wasn't Kerry Kittles unconsious against us in a 1995 game? I remember something like 42 points.

Kittles killed us that entire year - I think he had 37 at Gampel when they booted us out of the #1 ranking and then he punched the hell out of UConn in the BET championship game.

That game was close until Kittles went berserk and blew UConn out.

Strange Nova team that year - UConn killed them at Nova and then Nova whipped UConn in Storrs and NYC.

I was at the BET championship game watching Nova dismantle UConn and then was in Albany a few days later seeing Old Dominion knock Nova out in the first round in triple overtime. The Nova fans in Albany were as depressed a group of fans as you could ever imagine.

Reaction Score
I always thought of kittles as the guy that the U-G-L-Y chant by the cheerleaders in Wildcats would have been perfect for. the one sock shtick only made it worse.

Reaction Score
Kittles killed us that entire year - I think he had 37 at Gampel when they booted us out of the #1 ranking and then he punched the hell out of UConn in the BET championship game.

That game was close until Kittles went berserk and blew UConn out.

Strange Nova team that year - UConn killed them at Nova and then Nova whipped UConn in Storrs and NYC.

I was at the BET championship game watching Nova dismantle UConn and then was in Albany a few days later seeing Old Dominion knock Nova out in the first round in triple overtime. The Nova fans in Albany were as depressed a group of fans as you could ever imagine.

Ah the legend of Petey Sessoms.

That Nova team also had one of the ultimate annoying guys - Eric Eberz. Not anything personal, just annoying because he would hit every single open shot against us when we were worried about Kittles, and then shoot 0-10 the next game against Rutgers or someone.

He had 16 against us in the BE title game, and was 0-5 against Old Dominion in the NCAA's, for example.

Reaction Score
Novak would never do that at Gampel-- it was a Sat. night in the Brad Center. Scotty gets my vote , where is he now??

Reaction Score
Allen had the best game against us I've ever seen. Had 43 with Ricky guarding him for a good portion of the game. Had one crossover move in a 2 on 2 that had Freeman tripping over his own feet.

Reaction Score
Allen had the best game against us I've ever seen. Had 43 with Ricky guarding him for a good portion of the game. Had one crossover move in a 2 on 2 that had Freeman tripping over his own feet.

Crazy thing was that he was their secondary option - a 14 ppg guy who's career high was about 25 coming in. We shut down their top player (an undersized forward - I wouldn't rpossibly be able to remember his name without hypnosis), but Allen just wouldn't miss. Even bad shots went in.

We'll never know for sure, but I think that game may have transformed Ricky - the next year he made it his personal mission to never have someone do that against us again on his watch.

Reaction Score
Alway thought BC's troy Bell played against us well. Also seemed like he played college ball for 6 years

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Alway thought BC's Bell played against us well. Also seemed like he played college ball for 6 years

How many times did his team beat UConn?

Reaction Score
Holy crap i forgot about Shumpert. If memory serves, he wanted to come here but we took someone else who ended up transferring shortly thereafter.

The Elijah Allen game was the most ridiculous one b/c he is was absolutely unconscious. Reynolds, Kittles, Steve Novak, Rice and Joe Alexander also killed us but that Allen game was out of this world. On a different level, Boubacar Aw killed us b/c he always seemed to dominate Ray.

Reaction Score
i seem to remember uconn getting beat i think in 95` bet by providence and one of their players was just unconsious and was hitting everything and they beat us. does anyone have any idea who im talking about?

Reaction Score
i seem to remember uconn getting beat i think in 95` bet by providence and one of their players was just unconsious and was hitting everything and they beat us. does anyone have any idea who im talking about?

We lost to them in 94 with Dickey Simpkins, but I'm not sure if he was the guy who was unconscious that day.

There was also Darryl Wilson of Mississippi State. Frickin couldn't miss until we switched Ray on him and Ray shut him down (yes, Ray shut someone down). Wilson and Erick Dampier were the two players on that team who didn't end up in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom