Life without UConn | The Boneyard

Life without UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPTV Harriet

Media Queen
Reaction Score
Dear friends,
I've been away from the board...regrouping after UConn's decision to award the contract to SNY. To say that it was a disappointment is an understatement. But life and CPTV go on. But that will NEVER stop me from being a fan. And I want you to know that over the years, I have valued your friendship and amazing knowledge.

As for CPTV, I am delighted to let you know that I am back in the trenches producing CT Sun basketball for CPTV Sports. And what fun it has been! If you haven't had a chance to tune in to the channel, I hope you will check it out. From CIAC championships to basketball to bowling, CT Whale, frisbee tournaments, roller derby (yes...roller derby!) - if it's a part of the CT sports scene, it's being covered by CPTV Sports. In the coming months look for Hartford, CCSU basketball and more. Plus - come fall - we hope to be broadcasting in HD.

CPTV Sports is carried statewide on cable on Comcast channels 185, 187 and 744, Cox channel 805, Cablevision channel 139, Charter channels 223 and 224, Thames Valley channel 87 and Metrocast channel 418.
It has over-the-air carriage for people without cable on digital channels 24.3, 49.3, 53.3 and 65.3. We are not carried by DirecTV, Dish or AT&T U-verse. If you have one of those services, an easy and inexpensive method of receiving the channel is to purchase a bookshelf antenna that will easily and simply plug directly into your TV (that's how I bring in the channel at my home).

Next Sun game on CPTV Sports is tomorrow night (Friday 7/13) when the team travels to Chicago to take on the Sky. That's 8:30 tomorrow night.

If it is OK with you dedicated UConn fans, I will keep you updated on happenings here at the station.

My best, as alwys, to all!

Reaction Score
Dear friends,
I've been away from the board...regrouping after UConn's decision to award the contract to SNY. To say that it was a disappointment is an understatement. But life and CPTV go on. But that will NEVER stop me from being a fan. And I want you to know that over the years, I have valued your friendship and amazing knowledge.

As for CPTV, I am delighted to let you know that I am back in the trenches producing CT Sun basketball for CPTV Sports. And what fun it has been! If you haven't had a chance to tune in to the channel, I hope you will check it out. From CIAC championships to basketball to bowling, CT Whale, frisbee tournaments, roller derby (yes...roller derby!) - if it's a part of the CT sports scene, it's being covered by CPTV Sports. In the coming months look for Hartford, CCSU basketball and more. Plus - come fall - we hope to be broadcasting in HD.

CPTV Sports is carried statewide on cable on Comcast channels 185, 187 and 744, Cox channel 805, Cablevision channel 139, Charter channels 223 and 224, Thames Valley channel 87 and Metrocast channel 418.
It has over-the-air carriage for people without cable on digital channels 24.3, 49.3, 53.3 and 65.3. We are not carried by DirecTV, Dish or AT&T U-verse. If you have one of those services, an easy and inexpensive method of receiving the channel is to purchase a bookshelf antenna that will easily and simply plug directly into your TV (that's how I bring in the channel at my home).

Next Sun game on CPTV Sports is tomorrow night (Friday 7/13) when the team travels to Chicago to take on the Sky. That's 8:30 tomorrow night.

If it is OK with you dedicated UConn fans, I will keep you updated on happenings here at the station.

My best, as alwys, to all!
And thanks to you Harriet.
You are the Best!

Reaction Score
Yes, thanks, Harriet - we miss you! The Sun games have been fun - I particularly like listening to Jen Rizzotti when she does the games. I knew Rebecca and Kara would be great, but Jen adds the coach's perspective for a slightly different approach. My 89-yr-old father, a former CPTV/UConn addict, is getting into the high school sports!

Reaction Score
Hey Harriet! Good to hear from you!

It sounds like CPTV Sports is developing fast. Good for you! Seems that both UCONN and CPTV have reaped the benefits of your long relationship, and that's as it should be.

It remains to be seen how SNY's coverage of the UCONN women will be, but no matter what, I'll miss you in that arena. Best of luck to you in your new endeavors!

Teri

Reaction Score
I've enjoyed the games on CPTV. Any chance CPTV can replay previous years Uconn women's BB games? I'm very forgetful, and will not remember who won most of the games, ( but not dumb enough to think Uconn lost many). But I'm sure a lot of people would like to see some of the favorites again...

Reaction Score
Just a reminder to all that now that CPTV doesn't cover the Huskies means that it's even more critical for us to keep sending them those checks!

Harriet, I have always said that I have never seen better produced coverage of a basketball game than CPTV's. All the different camera angles, the replays, the coverage of bench and coach reactions....all dynamite! We are going to miss all that next year.

Thanks for the tip about the antenna...I have DirectTV and was lamenting the fact that they don't carry the channel. I'll get myself to Radio Shack and pick one up tonight!

Reaction Score
While we may have - on occasion - diverged on your choices of on-air talent, and sensibilities on the "Geno" show - there is no doubting your devotion above and beyond to the UConn's women's basketball program and it's fans. I have never experienced (or been a part of) a professionally produced sports broadcast more invested in and responsive to each concern.

For that - you have my gratitude (and pledge dollars)!!

Best of luck with the Sun and all the other future endeavors with CPTV!!

Reaction Score
Harriet - my best wishes to you and to Mary - both loyal fans.

Is there any chance that CPTV will continue to produce an
annual team yearbook? That would be a moneymaker for CPTV.

mr006

Reaction Score
Thanks and good luck. I'll have to check out the over-the-air broadcasts; if it works, I'll be watching (and pledging). Who knows? Maybe you can do for the frisbee and roller derby scenes what you did for Uconn! ;)

CPTV Harriet

Media Queen
Reaction Score
I've enjoyed the games on CPTV. Any chance CPTV can replay previous years Uconn women's BB games? I'm very forgetful, and will not remember who won most of the games, ( but not dumb enough to think Uconn lost many). But I'm sure a lot of people would like to see some of the favorites again...

CPTV Sports will be bringing you UConn Classics down the road. How much fun it will be to take a look back at our favorite players!

And thanks to all for your very kind words. You guys are a class act!

Reaction Score
Harriet, last year was my first subscribing to CPTV...I'm in Atlanta and am a longtime fan of UCONN's WBB program. I just wanted you and the other folks at CPTV to know what a pleasant surprise it was to find you, and how much I enjoyed your broadcasts...I wish you were handling the WNBA!

Good luck and God speed!

Reaction Score
Wow ... thanks for the reminder Harriett! I'm so used to the Sun not being on TV that I forgot you guys are carrying them (and I usually go to all the home games). I'll be tuning in tonite for sure!!

I just finished doing my part to help with your fire sale ..........

You're such an awesome ambassador for CPTV ... so friendly to the fans and so much fun to talk to!! You even made the pledge requests entertaining :)

Wishing you all the best in the future !

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Any chance UVerse will be picking up CPTV sports?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Harriet Thank you and all of your co workers at CPTV for helping make UConn womens BB what it is today and thank you and CPTV for being our friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom